RemedySpot.com

Re: PN -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you have the PN under control? I'm going to have a lumbar Epidural to see if the pain is running down to the pudendal branch from my lumbar spine - I have some annular tears in L4 - L5. I've had 2 rounds of bilateral PN blocks, but they did not help the pain with sitting. I've also had some trigger point injections, an injection in the most painful vulvar area, and a caudal epidural. What has helped the most is my husband and I working on me at home (PT). I use a tennis ball and a big exercise ball.

Take Care,

Chelle

Subject: Re: PLEASE READTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 10:09 AM

How awful..have u thought it could be the pudendal nerve??

Chelle, I'm very lucky and had my PN diagnosed only a few months after I first started having symptoms. I'm so thankful my friend was going through the same thing and knew the right doctor to recommend. I'm currently on Cymbalta and Estrace cream and that seems to have pretty much taken care of all the pain as long as I'm careful with my activities (no bike-riding, no sitting on hard surfaces for long periods of time, etc). The Cymbalta is really working well for me; I was barely able to wear a skirt and go out to the foodstore before I started treatment. Now I can actually wear pants and go out and not constantly think of the pain. I've also been doing some gentle yoga which has helped me a lot too. I haven't needed to get the nerve blocks, but I'm prepared to if necessary if it gets worse in the future. Are you on any meds or just doing the PT and the nerve blocks?

Best,

Do you have the PN under control? I'm going to have a lumbar Epidural to see if the pain is running down to the pudendal branch from my lumbar spine - I have some annular tears in L4 - L5. I've had 2 rounds of bilateral PN blocks, but they did not help the pain with sitting. I've also had some trigger point injections, an injection in the most painful vulvar area, and a caudal epidural. What has helped the most is my husband and I working on me at home (PT). I use a tennis ball and a big exercise ball.

Take Care,

Chelle

Subject: Re: PLEASE READTo: VulvarDisorders

Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 10:09 AM

How awful..have u thought it could be the pudendal nerve??