RemedySpot.com

Elovil???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My doctor wants to put me on Elovil. Is there anyone on it and does it work? How are the side effects? Iam scared to use it and my honeymoon is in 2 weeks.

Please help me. Iam so tired of feeling like this. Iam getting so depressed.

Thanks

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Kim,

I have taken Elavil twice for two Vulvodynia flares. It took about 2 months for me to tell it was helping, and about 6 months the first time to feel "normal". This time around I'm up to 100 mgs. I have really good days, and some uncomfortable days too. I think my IUD is hindering my full recovery. At first the Elavil will zap your energy, and make you very tired and sleepy. I take my pill at night about an hour before bed time. It helps to take it at night, b/c you're sleeping anyways. I also rinse with water every time I urinate.

What is your diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? What do you or your docs think brought this on? I'm just curious. I believe mine was brought on both times by taking an antibiotic, which led to a yeast infection, the only two yeast infections I've had my entire life.

Good luck to you.

Subject: Elovil???To: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 10:49 PM

My doctor wants to put me on Elovil. Is there anyone on it and does it work? How are the side effects? Iam scared to use it and my honeymoon is in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Hi Kim:

I took Elavil for awhile for burning. It didn't work and I hated the side effects. Dry mouth, tired, weight gain. I took 50mg a day. Congratulations on your honeymoon.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

Thanks

Hi,

I tried Elavil and only took 20 mg and it definitely decreased the pain. I also used in conjunction with 1 Allegra every morning, low oxalate diet and calcium citrate after big meals. My doc firmly believes not one of the above meds will work alone and that it is the combination of taking them all together along with the diet that will help. 20 mg of Elavil did not present any side-effects for me and I am thin so I thought I would immediately feel something. I was a little tired the first few weeks but then I adjusted the time I took the pills to earlier in the evening and I am fine.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Hi Kim:

I took Elavil for awhile for burning. It didn't work and I hated the side effects. Dry mouth, tired, weight gain. I took 50mg a day. Congratulations on your honeymoon.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

Thanks

I was reluctant of taking antidepressants and debated what to do for months. Then I saw an OBGYN out of town, I told her its vital that I'm put on a multidisciplinary treatment plan because nothing up to this point has worked. Her treatment plan with women who suffer from vulvar vestibulitis is antidepressants, topical lidocaine and the last resort is vestibulectomy. I opted to be put on Amitriptyline (10mg 1x a night, been on it since Sept.12th. and haven't noticed any bad side effects, although that very well could be because I'm on such a low dose. In a couple weeks, I'll be increasing the dosage to 25 mg 1x a night. I believe that this medication is slowly starting to help quiet down my nerves, keeping them from contsantly misfiring all day. I have pain on contact, sitting doesn't bother me too much, my issue is pain with intercourse primarily (pelvic floor dysfunction). There has been two times since being on this medication, where I've had no pain with intercourse. YAY, I had tears of joy! I battle with chronic yeast infections like most of us here do, so I'm currently taking Femdophilus everyday. I use a pea size amount of estradiol compunded in emu oil applied to the 6 o' clock area every morning and take Claritin everyday. What were you diagnosed with and what are you symptoms? If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Take Care and there is hope for us all!

Elovil???

Thanks

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

hi kim,i'm currently weening off elavil and onto cymbalta. it's a very slow process. anyway, i was up to 120 mg of elavil and still needed 1800 mg of neurontin. it was much better then it was but still far from good. and it put 15 lbs on me, i've never had a weight problem so i know it's all from the elavil. anyway, i'm down to 30 mg of elavil and up to 80 mg of cymbalta and i quit taking the neurontin. looks like this will work better and the side effects seem to be quit a bit less. won't know until totally off the elavil but so far it looks promising. also my energy is coming back. the elavil put me in a coma for the last 6 months. absulotely no energy and just so laid back it was ridiculous. and it bloats you. anyway, either way these types of drugs take 4-6 weeks to see close to

full effect. maybe wait til after your honeymoon to start the elavil if you do. start at like 5 or 10mg and as the fatigue go away then up it 5 or 10 mgs. you'll know what i mean as far as the fatigue once you start taking it. anyway hope this helps and good luck

From: Kim Loepp <kimloepp (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca>Subject: Elovil???To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 10:49 PM

Thanks