RemedySpot.com

Re:Long post, Sorry!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,If you will go to the homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisorders Then click on the left hand side where it says Database, you will find the names of two good practitioners in MI. Donna C. - is a nurse practitioner who works with vulvar pain patients and is highly spoken of. She was mentioned in the latest NVA Newsletter. I know of a few patients who have seen her and liked her. Also, O. is a really good PT. Often times, there is a pelvic floor muscle component to the pain. As for Hope Haefner, some on here have seen her. Probably the biggest complaint I've read is that it can take a while to get in to see her...like most docs, some like her, some don't. But again, I've only heard good things about Donna C. I believe her visits aren't as expensive as some of the

others, too. I do believe it's worth it to pay to join the NVA. They even have hardship subscriptions, too. I actually got one this past year, because I've had thousands in medical bills. I know all of this is overwhelming...but hang in there...you 'can' get better. I've had v.pain for 16 yrs.....and while I'm not 100%....I am soooo much better than I used to be. The one thing that has helped me the most has been topical Estrogen cream. I use Estrace...I do not have it compounded, but many do. It's not an overnight cure, but over time, it can definitely make a difference. I would not use steroid creams without using Estrogen, too. I also would use Estrace or compounded bio-identical Estradiol. Some have done okay with Premarin, but my personal view is that the bio-identical hormones are the best. Just take your time, ask questions as you go, and look back through

previous posts when you have the time. Take Care,Chelle