RemedySpot.com

Re: bc again - Candi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Candi,Good to hear from you and Congrats on the engagement! Birth control sure is tricky for those of us with vulvar pain. My hubby had a vasectomy when our younger son was one, so 'hopefully' we have that taken care of *grin*. We'd better!!!Okay, let's see. Probably the best advice I can offer would be non-lubricated condoms where you use your own lube. (Do not use any with non-oxyonol 9 - that stuff will burn you up for sure). Hopefully some of the other gals will have specifics on what to look for, but I'm thinking some have used lamb skin condoms. Slippery Stuff lube (with the blue label) is really good. I believe it is safe for condoms...and it is also safe for diabetics and won't make you susceptible to yeast. I don't blame you for steering clear of

hormonal options. The birth control pill led to

vestibulodynia for me, too. I would run from the Depo Provera Shot. It can have long term consequences. I remember gals on here years ago that used it and many months after stopping still hadn't had their cycles return. Dee had also sent in info about previous law suits regarding Depo Provera. Synthetic progestins can definitely aggravate vulvar pain, or lead to it. Candi, I sure wish I knew of a thermometer that used Braille! I'm sorry that birth control seems to be even harder for you...but hang in there....hopefully somebody else may have some options for you. We might be able to help you find a doc or a PT if you tell us what area you live in. PT has really helped many women with vulvar pain. Take Care,Chelle

ok it is time again to go through birth control options, and this with my condition...

options

barrior method

this could be the shield the condom, the diafram or the cap...

all of these include a spermasidal jelly which would earatate my vagina. even plain loobercated condoms make my vagina cry.

implantable devices

IUD I do want children one day and the IUD is not reccomended for women who have never had children, and can offer up a puntured uteris, or pelvic inflamatory disease which will in affect make me starol.

Projestorown only

First we have the shot which can weaken bones after long term use I also hear women having trouble conceving after use of the shot. It also has it's side affects like inafectiveness for women over weight. See my picture. Well the minny pill the same deal, and from what I hear even more pain for poor miss vagina which in turn will make me have no sex drive on my wedding night... oh... dear

combined methods... aka the pill the patch, and the the the ring.

I've used the pill which I believe was the main cause of my vulvar vestibulitis, well atleast my vagina used to be happy before I started on synthetic hormoans. The ring after a few weeks caused the most painful version of bacterial vaginosis I've ever had or ever want to have. Let's let alone the fact that it causes lovely blood clotts, strokes, heart attacks... Should I continue?

natural methods

I've had two pregnancy scares based on te poll out method. Then you have the other thing let's go for color of discharge, oops blindness, and body bazel thermomiter... Anyone found a talking or braille one of these yet?

Why do I feel I'm up shit creek with out a pattle? What can I use that will keep my vagina and sex life happy, and not kill me in the process? I'm getting married in a few months, and would like to enjoy as normal as possible sex life with my future husband. Any suggestions would be greatfully taken.

Hi chell,

Thank you for the congratulations. i am happy to have my fiance in my life again. it took too long and to many mistakes to make it happen, but he's stuck with me now. Anyway thank you also for the suggestion. That will mostlikely have to be the path we will take. How much are the lamb condoms? I hear rumor that they are quite expensive. As for the area I am in I moved closer to home agan. I am in the Rochester NewYork area, and the two closest cities if this is not an option are Ceracuse, and Buffalo. I thank you again for all of our help. I will be glad if I get this job in order to get health inturance again. *smile*

Re: bc again - Candi

Hi Candi,Good to hear from you and Congrats on the engagement! Birth control sure is tricky for those of us with vulvar pain. My hubby had a vasectomy when our younger son was one, so 'hopefully' we have that taken care of *grin*. We'd better!!!Okay, let's see. Probably the best advice I can offer would be non-lubricated condoms where you use your own lube. (Do not use any with non-oxyonol 9 - that stuff will burn you up for sure). Hopefully some of the other gals will have specifics on what to look for, but I'm thinking some have used lamb skin condoms. Slippery Stuff lube (with the blue label) is really good. I believe it is safe for condoms...and it is also safe for diabetics and won't make you susceptible to yeast. I don't blame you for steering clear of hormonal options. The birth control pill led to vestibulodynia for me, too. I would run from the Depo Provera Shot. It can have long term consequences. I remember gals on here years ago that used it and many months after stopping still hadn't had their cycles return. Dee had also sent in info about previous law suits regarding Depo Provera. Synthetic progestins can definitely aggravate vulvar pain, or lead to it. Candi, I sure wish I knew of a thermometer that used Braille! I'm sorry that birth control seems to be even harder for you...but hang in there....hopefully somebody else may have some options for you. We might be able to help you find a doc or a PT if you tell us what area you live in. PT has really helped many women with vulvar pain. Take Care,Chelle

ok it is time again to go through birth control options, and this with my condition...

options

barrior method

all of these include a spermasidal jelly which would earatate my vagina. even plain loobercated condoms make my vagina cry.

implantable devices

IUD I do want children one day and the IUD is not reccomended for women who have never had children, and can offer up a puntured uteris, or pelvic inflamatory disease which will in affect make me starol.

Projestorown only

First we have the shot which can weaken bones after long term use I also hear women having trouble conceving after use of the shot. It also has it's side affects like inafectiveness for women over weight. See my picture. Well the minny pill the same deal, and from what I hear even more pain for poor miss vagina which in turn will make me have no sex drive on my wedding night... oh... dear

I've used the pill which I believe was the main cause of my vulvar vestibulitis, well atleast my vagina used to be happy before I started on synthetic hormoans. The ring after a few weeks caused the most painful version of bacterial vaginosis I've ever had or ever want to have. Let's let alone the fact that it causes lovely blood clotts, strokes, heart attacks... Should I continue?

natural methods

I've had two pregnancy scares based on te poll out method. Then you have the other thing let's go for color of discharge, oops blindness, and body bazel thermomiter... Anyone found a talking or braille one of these yet?

Why do I feel I'm up shit creek with out a pattle? What can I use that will keep my vagina and sex life happy, and not kill me in the process? I'm getting married in a few months, and would like to enjoy as normal as possible sex life with my future husband. Any suggestions would be greatfully taken.

Hi ladies:

I'm just coming in on this conversation about hormones and vulvar pain. Are you saying that synthetic hormones contribute to this?

Also my doctor told me about a diet that is good for this. Can you advise the name of it and where I can read about it?

Thanks

options

barrior method

implantable devices

Projestorown only

natural methods

I've had two pregnancy scares based on te poll out method. Then you have the other thing let's go for color of discharge, oops blindness, and body bazel thermomiter. .. Anyone found a talking or braille one of these yet?

That would likely be the low oxalate diet. You can read about it at:

http://www.vulvarpainfoundation.org/

They also have a cookbook but it is not readily available to my

knowledge. However there is another cookbook out there which I

prefer. Here is how to order it.

I have this book and it is a good one.

--------------------------------------

The General Clinical Research Center

University of California San Diego

Medical Center

Oxalate Content of Selected foods

with recipes and menu suggestions

Phone 1- ask for Customer Service

OXALATE CONTENT OF SELECTED FOODS.

Price per copy is $12.00 which includes shipping and handling.

California residents please add 7.25% sales tax.

ORA

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:23:11 -0700 (PDT), Pam Ayers

pamayers1967@...> wrote:

>Hi ladies:

>I'm just coming in on this conversation about hormones and vulvar pain. Are you

saying that synthetic hormones contribute to this?

>Also my doctor told me about a diet that is good for this. Can you advise the

name of it and where I can read about it?

>Thanks

>