RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Hormone testing - Charmaine was--> Oral Contraceptives...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When are estrogens the lowest in your cycle? And, when are they the highest?

What side effects can too much estrogen or testosterone cause? I am concerned because I am using this ointment prescribed which does contain e & t and when my homeopath checked my hormones thru saliva testing, she told me both e & t were way to high.

CMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Well a few years ago my E was way higher than my T and DHEA.I had periods so heavy I couldn't leave the bathroom. I was at a trade show and I got my period and I went through a super tampon in a few minutes. It was scary. I started the DHEA and a testosterone cream.My periods are still a bit heavier than they used to be, but not out of control. They lightened up after I started the other hormones. I am so glad I didn't just go to a doc and get a hysterectomy like so many docs would have probably recommended!

BlueeberriMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

>>>>I am so glad I didn't just go to a doc and get a hysterectomy like so many docs would have probably recommended!, I'm glad that things got straightened out for you with your hormones. Isn't it a blessing! ;-) Unfortunately, I am having to seriously consider a hysterectomy. *sigh* Thing is, I actually think I probably do need one, it's just so hard getting up my nerve, though. Take Care,Chelle

hi chelle,i don't know anything about your situation and maybe needing a hysterectomy. but you sound apprehensive. i had one 7 yrs ago, at age 37. if i had to do it again i would in a heart beat. had some trouble with dryness for a bit, eventually went on hormones after about a year. i do have my ovaries and eventually they started working again so then went off the hormones. i'm told sometimes they go into shock after surgery so it can take a while for them to start working good again. i now use an e-string for the dryness. it's really simple and you don't even know it's up there. anyway, that was the only problem. i LOVE not having the curse anymore, it's like heaven. i also have several friends that have had hysterectomies, of various ages, and everyone of them thinks it's great.

anyway, just food for thought. do your homework and learn all you can about it and then do what your gut tells you. good lucklaura>>>>I am so glad I didn't just go to a doc and get a hysterectomy like so many docs would have probably recommended!, I'm glad that things got straightened out for you with your hormones. Isn't it a blessing! ;-) Unfortunately, I am having to seriously consider a hysterectomy. *sigh* Thing is, I actually think I probably do need one, it's just so hard getting up my nerve, though. Take Care,Chelle

Chelle,A friend of mine had one. She is SO glad she did. It is different for everyone. No more periods might be kind of nice!

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.