RemedySpot.com

blood test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chelle I was going to call my pcp see if she can write a script for me- I don't feel comfortable with this ointment I am using.

CMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

I think it CAN affect your system. I had NO testosterone and I had estrogen. I first used Estring then estrace and was eating soy. MY breast hurt SO BAd. I had to cut back.

Blueeberri

Carolyn,I'll send something in that 'might' ease your mind regarding hormones. The media has hyped hormones as being bad way too many times. Not only that, but they WHI testing never included bio-identicals. Synthetics are so much harder on your system. Using the hormones topically should not impact your systemic levels, though, each person is different and you have to go by your own symptoms. Baseline levels are really good for future reference, too. If the hormones make you nervous why not ask him to prescribe just the nerve pain meds in a compounded form? That might help you feel more at ease. Chelle

From: Carolyn52192 (AT) aol (DOT) com <Carolyn52192 (AT) aol (DOT) com>Subject: Re: blood testTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 10:11 PM

Chelle I was going to call my pcp see if she can write a script for me- I don't feel comfortable with this ointment I am using.

C

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

If you're only testing once during a cycle, the best time is betweenDay 1 and Day 3 (with Day 1 being the first day of flow).Hollis what days of your cycle should u get a blood test for hormonesA? thank C ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

I agree with Hollis. I've had my levels tested several times now, and most every time has included 1st day bleed. Those first 3 days of your cycle is when your estrogen levels drop the lowest in the entire cycle, the progesterone bottoms out, that is what actually signals the cycle to start, the drop in your levels. Are you wanting to get tested during the mid-luteal phase, too? I cannot advise you strongly enough to learn about levels and all...because most docs do not know themselves! The last first day bleed test I had last year had my estrogen level at 38 pg/ml -- the lab for menopause was listed as anything below 31 pg/ml. Just goes to show that you can have really low levels and still cycle. Do you have a doc that will test you? Chelle

If you're only testing once during a cycle, the best time is betweenDay 1 and Day 3 (with Day 1 being the first day of flow).Hollis

Carolyn,I'll send something in that 'might' ease your mind regarding hormones. The media has hyped hormones as being bad way too many times. Not only that, but they WHI testing never included bio-identicals. Synthetics are so much harder on your system. Using the hormones topically should not impact your systemic levels, though, each person is different and you have to go by your own symptoms. Baseline levels are really good for future reference, too. If the hormones make you nervous why not ask him to prescribe just the nerve pain meds in a compounded form? That might help you feel more at ease. ChelleSubject: Re: blood testTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 10:11 PM

CMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hey , Did you use the Estring and the Estrace at the same time? The Estring could definitely cause a rise in systemic levels, due to being used internally. Again, I think it's just an individual thing...using estrogen topically never caused a rise in my levels at all, but using T. topically did, and I ended up cutting it out. I'd end up trying it again, though, when I know my own levels are falling. That is probably the hardest part, we are all so different and just have to do things by trial and error...*sigh*Chelle

From: Carolyn52192@ aol.com <Carolyn52192@ aol.com>Subject: Re: blood testTo: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, December 8, 2008, 10:11 PM

C

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Carol,If money were no object, it would be great to do frequent testing. But, beingrealistic, it's good to have a baseline test done to see what your levels are betweenDay 1 and 3 (and, if you have the money and a doctor who understands hormonesand would ok it, again Day 20 or 21, to see what's happening at what should be thepeak of progesterone production during the second half of your cycle). Then, if youdo start taking hormones, it's a good idea to retest a few months later -- or after anyadjstments in your hormone supplementation. Remember, though, that everyone'sdifferent and, while getting hormone levels checked is important, your test resultsare just a guide. It's important to keep tabs on how you feel. There's always acertain degree of tweaking when it comes to using exogenous hormones.Hope this helps and didn't just confuse you.HollisHollis, How many times should it be tested? thanks! C ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.