RemedySpot.com

gluten or wheat intolerance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you had either would eating oats effect you? I don't seem to have a problem with oatmeal. I usually eat the organic kind

CMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Arline

I called an allergist today, they said they do some skin test? I called the tech at the lab in the hospital and she said it was very thorough? I am going to get it done for sure. But in the meantime, I am cutting out all wheat and gluten from my diet to see what effect that has on anything. Its either food, hormones or sitting for me.

CMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

thanks Hollis. I am getting that hormone test done too. Is there anything that I should request or make sure is tested?

thanks

Arline

How long does gluten or wheat stay in the body?? I am doing this diet right now started today- I have had really good days and really bad days and the few things that I can safely say that I have eaten most of the days are: organic oatmeal, prunes, tuna and salmon. So I am attempting to just stick with this diet for a week, then add one thing each week?

Was curious, since I ate wheat two days ago how long would that be in my body.

I have concluded that for me, my pain is due to something I am eating or drinking, hormones, or the amount of sitting I am doing.

The oats I am eating say organic oats?? Don't know if they are gf? If they aren't, then I guess my theory is down the toilet, because I eat them every morning and have had great days ( like today) and other days that are horrible

Hey Arline,

Sorry for all the questions, but if test shows that one has an allergy to wheat or gluten wouldn't that indicate sensitivity?

Arline

Do you have any information on Gluten/Wheat - and levator spasms/pelvic muscle spasms- this is the only thing I know for certain I have at this point

Pure oats are gluten free and safe. Unfortunately a lot on the market are milled in the same place as wheat, barley, or rye and they are contaminated to a high degree.

Arline

Subject: gluten or wheat intoleranceTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 1:47 PM

If you had either would eating oats effect you? I don't seem to have a problem with oatmeal. I usually eat the organic kind

C

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Carol,If you're considering going gluten-free and are concerned about this, just be sure tolook for oats that are specifically labelled gf.HollisPure oats are gluten free and safe. Unfortunately a lot on the market are milled in the same place as wheat, barley, or rye and they are contaminated to a high degree. Arline From: Carolyn52192@ aol.com <Carolyn52192@ aol.com> Subject: gluten or wheat intolerance To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 1:47 PM If you had either would eating oats effect you? I don't seem to have a problem with oatmeal. I usually eat the organic kind C ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

standard things to test for would be:estradiolprogesteronefsh (follicle stimulating hormone)testosterone (make sure you have both Free AND Total done)those are the really basic ones. you might want to see if you could get a DHEA-S, as well.Hollisthanks Hollis. I am getting that hormone test done too. Is there anything that I should request or make sure is tested? thanks C ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hi Carolyn,

They give ALLERGY tests and that is not really what you want to determine gluten sensitivity. Sensitivity and allergy are different puppies. ;O) They do different things to the body. But heck, you are trying.

Arline

Subject: Re: gluten or wheat intoleranceTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:50 PM

Arline

I called an allergist today, they said they do some skin test? I called the tech at the lab in the hospital and she said it was very thorough? I am going to get it done for sure. But in the meantime, I am cutting out all wheat and gluten from my diet to see what effect that has on anything. Its either food, hormones or sitting for me.

C

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Carolyn it has to be testing for ALLERGY to gluten and wheat and that doesn't tell one whether or not one is sensitive to gluten or has Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity. They are different tests and they test for different reactions.

One is an allergy. The other is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own tissue.

Arline :o)

Caroyn,

The real question is how long do the antibodies that are formed from eating it stay in the body and do damage. The answer is that it can vary a lot I think.

Holllis is right in that if you are going to do a gluten free diet and eat oatmeal you need oatmeal that says it is gluten free. If it has gluten in it, it won't be uniformly mixed so maybe you get some one time you eat it and not the next. Organic doesn't mean that something is gluten free. In fact organic often doesn't mean much at all because often we don't really know how it was grown, etc. (I wonder how I managed to make some of those words dark--haven't a clue).

Eating and drinking are a good bet perhaps. I don't think sitting is causing it.

Arline

Subject: Re: gluten or wheat intoleranceTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 8:27 PM

Arline

How long does gluten or wheat stay in the body?? I am doing this diet right now started today- I have had really good days and really bad days and the few things that I can safely say that I have eaten most of the days are: organic oatmeal, prunes, tuna and salmon. So I am attempting to just stick with this diet for a week, then add one thing each week?

Was curious, since I ate wheat two days ago how long would that be in my body.

I have concluded that for me, my pain is due to something I am eating or drinking, hormones, or the amount of sitting I am doing.

C

It depends how one is using the word. Words have different meanings. When one is talking about Gluten Sensitivity one is talking about a specific disease. They should call it Toxic Killer Glutenitis maybe. Heh!

Being allergic to gluten might mean you get a sniffy nose or some other more fast acting response. If you are "sensitive" to gluten you might have a destroyed thyroid, damaged nervous system, wrecked bladder, a lymphoma in the gut, or kidney failure, ovarian failure, vitamin b deficiency, malnutrition, muscle cramps, rain damage or any other number of disasters over time.

Arline

Subject: Re: gluten or wheat intoleranceTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 8:40 PM

Hey Arline,

Sorry for all the questions, but if test shows that one has an allergy to wheat or gluten wouldn't that indicate sensitivity?

C

Carolyn,

I don't know if there is any specific article of those particular problems but read the following article on Celiac and neuropathy. That would be all I would need if I had what you say you know you have. I had spasms all over my body when I was eating gluten.

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/60/10/1581

A doc named Latov at Cornell has written and researched a lot about the nerves and muscles. He was one of the authors here I think.

A

Subject: Re: gluten or wheat intoleranceTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 8:47 PM

Arline

Do you have any information on Gluten/Wheat - and levator spasms/pelvic muscle spasms- this is the only thing I know for certain I have at this point

C