RemedySpot.com

hormones-blood test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hollis or anyone else-

What should one specifically ask for to get tested when you have a blood test done for hormones

thanks

CarolMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

thanks Hollis, Dr Gerwin tested iron and D and thyroid, I haven't gotten results yet. I know that the ointment effects me, regardless of what marvel says, Im not using it anymore. I finally got my period today and my pcp appt isn't until friday, so I am going to call tomorrow to see if she can fax over a script so I am within the 3 day time frame. Ugh, Im sure that will go over like a lead balloon- so much redtape!

wow, you really know ur stuff with these levels, if you don't mind, when I get my new results ( providing she can do this for me tomorrow) I will email you them.

thanks!

CarolMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

You might want to check into saliva testing for hormones. I hear it is

more accurate. I know I've in the past had blood tests for hormones

and they always come back " normal " even though my symptoms suggest

something has been wrong for some time. Maybe someone here knows more

aobut that and can offer advice there too for you.

>

> Hollis or anyone else-

>

> What should one specifically ask for to get tested when you have a

blood

> test done for hormones

>

> thanks

>

> Carol

> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email,

and

> favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

> (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)

>

estradiolprogesteronefsh (follicle stimulating hormone)testosterone (make sure you get both Total AND Free done)those would be the bare basics --and maybe DHEA-S, if your doctor is willing.h.Hollis or anyone else- What should one specifically ask for to get tested when you have a blood test done for hormones thanks Carol ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

thanks Hollis! I will let ya know, calling tomorrow am to get tomorrow during the day for the testMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Carol,Good luck. Hope you can get the requisition in time. I'll be happy to look at the resultswhen you get them and give you my two cent's worth.Hollisthanks Hollis, Dr Gerwin tested iron and D and thyroid, I haven't gotten results yet. I know that the ointment effects me, regardless of what marvel says, Im not using it anymore. I finally got my period today and my pcp appt isn't until friday, so I am going to call tomorrow to see if she can fax over a script so I am within the 3 day time frame. Ugh, Im sure that will go over like a lead balloon- so much redtape! wow, you really know ur stuff with these levels, if you don't mind, when I get my new results ( providing she can do this for me tomorrow) I will email you them. thanks! Carol ___________________________________Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Hi,

Perhaps the question should really be, if one has messed up hormones, is-- what causes the hormones to have been disrupted and messed up?

And does it do any good to supplement if the cause is still causing them to be disrupted?

Arline

Hollis or anyone else-

What should one specifically ask for to get tested when you have a blood test done for hormones

thanks

Carol

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Perimenopause messed up my hormones. Gettin old is a bitch.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi,

Perhaps the question should really be, if one has messed up hormones, is-- what causes the hormones to have been disrupted and messed up?

And does it do any good to supplement if the cause is still causing them to be disrupted?

Arline

Hollis or anyone else-

thanks

Carol

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

I have been under the illusion that menopause is a normal thing??It shouldn't cause a lot of trouble. I wonder what does?

Arline

Sherri

It has sucked for me. I didn't get my period from May to August and it was the best three months of my life! Other than an occassional hot flash, I don't remember my mother having a lot of problems with menopause. I guess everyone is different.

Sherri

I have been under the illusion that menopause is a normal thing??It shouldn't cause a lot of trouble. I wonder what does?

Arline

Sherri

I can certainly relate to that. In fact I was overjoyed when I had a complete hysterectomy. Everything stopped.

Arline

I didn't get my period from May to August and it was the best three months of my life!

It has sucked for me. I didn't get my period from May to August and it was the best three months of my life! Other than an occassional hot flash, I don't remember my mother having a lot of problems with menopause. I guess everyone is different.

Sherri

Arline

Sherri

I can't wait for it to stop already...............permanantly! I'm almost 53, when's it gonna end??

Sherri

I can certainly relate to that. In fact I was overjoyed when I had a complete hysterectomy. Everything stopped.

Arline

I didn't get my period from May to August and it was the best three months of my life!

Sherri

Arline

Sherri