RemedySpot.com

question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, for me it is a weight I have not reached at any point in

this WOL. I had weighed at 221.5 and then gained up 224 and lost down

to 221 thus a net loss of .5 virgin pounds!

Although, I must admit I haven't been this small (?) for almost 7

years!

in TN

268/221/140

thanksgiving goal 200 (set aug 21) I'm hoping this induction will get

me to the 200 point by thanksgiving, if not at least I tried and any

loss is better than a gain :o)

> ok when is it virgin weight loss

> if you havent weighed that weight in two years? five years? 18

years??since you have been on atkins? how much time has to elapse??

lol

> catherine

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use VERY little AS. I keep Splenda on hand in packets and in bulk to use

for whatever. I do use Jello with whatever it has in it--aspartame? I don't

think I use enough to stall me. I think what is stalling me is the cream in

my coffee. Too much of it. I need to give up the coffee and go back to just

drinking water. Joanne

Question

> Do you use artificial sweeteners?

> If so how, and what hind? Pop Jell-O , in coffee?

> Do you feel that it stalls you at all?

> Norma

>

>

>

>

> Take a peek at the Challengers " Before " pictures in our 2002 photo album

at

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atkinschallengers/lst?.dir=/&.src=gr&.v

iew=t . If you'd like to send in your " Before " picture to someday compare

with an " After " picture, please contact any of the moderators.

>

> To contact any of the the list moderators, you can email them at:

>

>

> Kari (kari@...)

> (jocee131@...)

> Norma (norwood@...)

> JJ (cybercat1@...)

> Dianne (lambart@...)

> Joya (bocock@...)

>

>

>

>

I just ordered several copies for my store. It sounded like a good informative book. Joanne

Re: Question

In that book I am reading about Low carb success, she said some do and some don't so I was wondering if any one here stalls on AS, Also she explained about the sodium in pork rinds and diet pop causing water retention. The woman who wrote this book used to be on lists getting all kinds of 'opinions and stories' from low carbers so it is neat. And gives both sides of stories. It is a good read . A keeper.

Take a peek at the Challengers "Before" pictures in our 2002 photo album at http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atkinschallengers/lst?.dir=/ & .src=gr & .view=t . If you'd like to send in your "Before" picture to someday compare with an "After" picture, please contact any of the moderators.To contact any of the the list moderators, you can email them at:Kari (kari@...) (jocee131@...)Norma (norwood@...)JJ (cybercat1@...)Dianne (lambart@...) Joya (bocock@...)

I use KetoSweet all the time in my tea. I have used Equal (in sugarfree

pudding and jello), Splenda and Sweet 'n Low also. I haven't noticed that

any of them stall me.

Beth

Do you use artificial sweeteners?

If so how, and what hind? Pop Jell-O , in coffee?

Do you feel that it stalls you at all?

Norma

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of Colonics? It is some sort of internal cleansing...like a whole body enema. It sounds interesting to me. Might give me the jump start I need to get motivated again. Any ideas cause nothing seems to be working for me right now? Joanne

Has anyone heard of Colonics? It is some sort of internal cleansing...like a whole body enema. It sounds interesting to me. Might give me the jump start I need to get motivated again. Any ideas cause nothing seems to be working for me right now? Joanne

Have Mom Pudge message you privately on this Joanne... she has knowledge of this.

Have Mom Pudge message you privately on this Joanne... she has knowledge of this.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

If I remember- in theory very small webby adhesions can just break up when pg- but if they're that small- they'd be easily removed- and I'd feel this would be safest before risking losing a PG- I found Dr's felt the risk of losing a pg was not a substantial issue- I can't imagine why- except that it's not a high "cost" (financially) problem- they really don't factor in the emotional toll.

I'd consult with an A-list Dr if possible- good luck :)

, Mike, Brenna Jordan Ross-born 9/26/97(VSD, PS- open heart surgery 1/29/98), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July 15, 2001 home with us forever May 3, 2002, Colin Spencer Ross- born July 27, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00, and Riley and Snoozer the dogs

Join us again next year in remembering the millions of people affected by CHD on 2/14/2003:  "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day!"

Guest guest

If I remember- in theory very small webby adhesions can just break up when pg- but if they're that small- they'd be easily removed- and I'd feel this would be safest before risking losing a PG- I found Dr's felt the risk of losing a pg was not a substantial issue- I can't imagine why- except that it's not a high "cost" (financially) problem- they really don't factor in the emotional toll.

, Mike, Brenna Jordan Ross-born 9/26/97(VSD, PS- open heart surgery 1/29/98), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July 15, 2001 home with us forever May 3, 2002, Colin Spencer Ross- born July 27, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00, and Riley and Snoozer the dogs

Join us again next year in remembering the millions of people affected by CHD on 2/14/2003:  "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day!"

Guest guest

• 6 months later...

I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck closer to the base of my

neck than my ear. The doctor did an FNA and was only able to get red blood

cells. He doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but he is monitoring it.

It seems to change in shape, for example, if I have a cold. It feels sort of

like a bubble. Sometimes, it's elongated. Sometimes, it's more oval.

When you see your doctor the next time, have him/her look at it.

Take care,

Mabel in FL

FNA 10/99 benign nodule, Hashimoto's

Synthroid (.05) 1/15/03

FNA 2/5/03 pap thyca (3.8cm), Hashimoto's

TT 3/6/03 at age 48 (no visible lymph involvement)

RAI 5/7/03 100 millicuries

WBS 5/15/03 residual activity in neck area

Synthroid (.1) 5/16/03

Synthroid (.125) 6/25/03

Synthroid (.137) 9/12/03

question

Has anyone ever had a problem with their lymph nodes. I can feel a

node below my ear. It is definitly different than the other side,

but it is small.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kandi,

There is no way to spot tone any area of the body. To reduce weight

you have to do some type of cardio 3-5 times a week. Find something

you like that's the key to making it a habbit. Even with cardio you

can't tell your body to drop the weight from the belly verses the

legs. It will all go away eventually but when and where it up to

your body. I find my hardest place to loose fat is the belly. The

belly will probably be the last place holding on to the fat when I

near my goal. This is not to say that toneing and strength exercises

are worthless. Fiting both into your weekly routine will help you

see results faster vs doing just cardio.

Since your just starting out you might want to try walking outside

if the weather in your area permits. Start out slow and build up to

a little faster and longer as the days and weeks go. You might even

graduate to running if it is something that you like doing. Or you

could invest in a treadmil or stationary bike. There are also some

really great exercise videos and dvds. Sansone, Kathy ,

Austine are a few of my favorites. Joining a gym. Some of

them will let you have a month or weekly free pass to try out there

place. Since it is free it can't hurt to try it.

Just gotta find what you like to do and build on it.

Rhonda

> I am new to tring to get myself in shape and was wondering what

would

> be good exercise to help me try to get my stomach down some? that

> seems to be my biggest problem. being new to this what would be a

> good starting point? I dont want to push myself to hard at frist

> because I have been very inactive for a few years now. I apricate

> any help any one could give me. Kandi

• 2 years later...

Hi

Since being diagnosed as CD and going gluten free the amount of hair I have lost is incredible. Does this tie in with going gluten free?

Ross

Has anyone experienced bad acne b4 going Gluten free? Is this asymptom too? I noticed my hair is thinning and I have bad acne. When

b4 I always had a clear face.

Both the hair loss and acne can be related to vitamin deficiencies, in particular the B vitamins (including biotin) which many folks with CD cannot properly absorb (sublingual forms are usually better). Also, I don't think the alternate grains used in the GF diet are as high in B vitamins as wheat, so when going GF most folks need to add B vitamin supplements. There are alternate food forms, but alot of those are things that many of us don't eat regularly (liver, mackarel, herring) or can't eat (dairy, eggs).

Also, Essential Fatty Acids such as Fish oil or flax oil and zinc are some things that help the skin and hair. But, taking too much of some vitamins like vitamin A can actually cause hair loss.

Also, hair loss can be associated with hypothyroidism, which does correlate with celiac disease.

B

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi

Since being diagnosed as CD and going gluten free the amount of hair I have lost is incredible. Does this tie in with going gluten free?

Ross

On 09/09/06, <tanyatanyaca (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Has anyone experienced bad acne b4 going Gluten free? Is this asymptom too? I noticed my hair is thinning and I have bad acne. When b4 I always had a clear face.

, I take the Women's One Daily vitamins, it has everything in it, and I haven't had any problems. I also take L-Lysine, due to it builds up my immunity, due to I got sick so easily, and it's made a big difference for me. Donna

Dean & Donna ' Appaloosa Horseswww.donnaappaloosahorses.com

Welcome To Donna ' WebPagehttp://donnaevans.multiply.com

Donna ' Blog WebPagehttp://www.myspace.com/9586741

Re: question

Both the hair loss and acne can be related to vitamin deficiencies, in particular the B vitamins (including biotin) which many folks with CD cannot properly absorb (sublingual forms are usually better). Also, I don't think the alternate grains used in the GF diet are as high in B vitamins as wheat, so when going GF most folks need to add B vitamin supplements. There are alternate food forms, but alot of those are things that many of us don't eat regularly (liver, mackarel, herring) or can't eat (dairy, eggs).

Also, Essential Fatty Acids such as Fish oil or flax oil and zinc are some things that help the skin and hair. But, taking too much of some vitamins like vitamin A can actually cause hair loss.

Also, hair loss can be associated with hypothyroidism, which does correlate with celiac disease.

B

I have DH and Hypothyroidism, and hair loss has been a problem. Thanks for the note on SL vitamin B, I was unaware that we had problems absorbing it. I find that when I go off of gluten, that my skin gets worse...do you guys have problems with that? Is it my body detoxing? Has anyone found anything that helps with hair loss? Thank you all for your support and advice :o) Gwen

My daughter has been gf for 8 weeks and she is breaking out still and her hair

is still falling out but I have heard it will get better. I rarely had acne as

a kid, but after being dx with my first autimmune disease 8 years ago, it got

pretty bad. My hair is falling out too. I have only been gf for 4 weeks.

Zanna

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Art_on_A_Budget/

My daily rantings!

www.zannasstory.blogspot.com

My picture trail:

www.picturetrail.com/xanadoodles

-

It might be vitamin B deficiency if you are not yet

gluten-free. Remember to supplement your diet with

vitamin B after you go g-f. Grains are where the vit

B's come from, and you might not get enough on the g-f

diet.