RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Vulvar Vestibulitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi!

As usual I am confused. If one has Vulvar Vestibulitis (where the vestibule area

has had nerve proliferation and that is the cause of the pain) I didn't realize

steroid creams were prescribed and didn't realize they were effective. I think

you are right to be wary. If you do use it, use very sparingly as it can cause

even more trouble if overused.

I could be wrong about this and I hope somebody else speaks up to say that

steroid creams are effective for this condition but I don't think so?

Estrace can be very effective for pain and in fact I think it is wonderful but I

don't think it cures the problem.

Arline

> Hi all -

> I'm new to this group. I was recently diagnosed with

> vestibulitis.

>

> I went to see a new ob-gyn and he found the problem

> immediately, but

> when it came to addressing the issue, he simply wrote out a

> prescription for a steroid cream, clobetasol. I was so

> taken aback, I

> didn't have any questions. But after I came home, I

> began searching

> for more information and found this group. I've

> appreciated reading

> different women's experiences about a condition I

> didn't even know

> existed until a few days ago.

>

> Like all of you, I am frustrated by how little information

> is out

> there. I'm not pleased with my doctor's response,

> and though I did get

> the prescription filled, I haven't begun to use the

> cream. I want to

>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Guest guest

My doctor prescribed hydrocortizone cream for my pain but told me to only use it for two weeks. The OTC cream also works temporarily as well as the prescription cream. It helped temporarily but when I quit using it the pain came back. I used it very sparingly. It is only a bandaid but it does help temporarily. Clobetasol is another steroid but I have never used it. Ora Hi!As usual I am confused. If one has Vulvar Vestibulitis (where the vestibule area has had nerve proliferation and that is the cause of the pain) I didn't realize steroid creams were prescribed and didn't realize they were effective. I think you are right to be wary. If you do use it, use very sparingly as it can cause even more trouble if overused.I could be wrong about this

and I hope somebody else speaks up to say that steroid creams are effective for this condition but I don't think so?Estrace can be very effective for pain and in fact I think it is wonderful but I don't think it cures the problem.Arline> Hi all -> I'm new to this group. I was recently diagnosed with> vestibulitis. > > I went to see a new ob-gyn and he found the problem> immediately, but> when it came to addressing the issue, he simply wrote out a> prescription for a steroid cream, clobetasol. I was so> taken aback, I> didn't have any questions. But after I came home, I> began searching> for more information and found this group. I've> appreciated reading> different women's experiences about a condition I> didn't even know> existed until a few days ago.> > Like all of you, I am frustrated by how little information> is

out> there. I'm not pleased with my doctor's response,> and though I did get> the prescription filled, I haven't begun to use the> cream. I want to>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/