RemedySpot.com

RE: Thanks to PSC Support

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lara,

Do you live in LA? I'm in Tarzana, and it's always interesting "meeting" someone else with PSC in LA.

I wish you the best with the transplant evaluation!

Marie

To: From: lara@...Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:51:35 +0000Subject: Thanks to PSC Support

Hello out there. I've been a lurker for about 18 months and thanks to the archives and reading current posts I was able to describe symptoms that I might not otherwise mentioned for my dinky ER staff to diagnose a GI bleed. I was admitted for 3 days during which time I was transfused with 2 units of blood, stabilized and scoped to find the bleed spot near my spleen. This was following my pre-transplant evaluation at UCLA, over the course of the 3 days of eval and the required fasting, I had become anemic (INR-5, Hemoglobin-7)and bled. My hep cancelled an ERCP that was scheduled day after eval testing concluded due to the risk of bleeding, sent me home to end up in the ER the next day. So this was my first hospitalization due to PSC, other than for previous ERCPs and gallbladder surgery (before I was diagnosed).My case goes to the transplant-list decision team today, so it may have been a good thing that I was so unwell during it. We'll see.Again thanks for the wealth of info and detail and my continued best wishes to you all.Lara39 yo mom of 2 great girlsPSC 2005UC 2005 Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!