RemedySpot.com

Social Security Disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone have any experience applying for Social Security

Disability? Our 32 year old daughter has been on sick leave for a

year. Her doctors have said she will not be able to return to work for

over a few hours per week. She suffers from both PSC and gastroparesis.

What if any difficulties have you encountered? Any suggestions for

this application process?

Does anyone have any experience applying for Social Security Disability? Our 32 year old daughter has been on sick leave for a year. Her doctors have said she will not be able to return to work for over a few hours per week. She suffers from both PSC and gastroparesis.What if any difficulties have you encountered? Any suggestions for this application process? Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Individuals with PSC are eligible for SS disability when you are too sick to work. You need to apply through the social security office, but most or all of it can be done through the mail and over the phone. I have been getting it for a few years and because I qualified, medicare and medicaid paid for my transplant. Having medicare if or when you have your transplant can be a good thing because the government will then cover the price of immunosuppressents.

I had no problems at all when I applied, but I was a full time students, a single parent with two kids, working part time, and I didn't own anything which makes a difference for medicaid. Don't hesitate to apply, it was painless for me and if you have worked and paid into the SS program, you deserve it.

Take Care

MizKit

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

We got my son on SSID so he could have Medacaid. He was in college and our insurance company was going to drop him if he dropped out of college. He was too sick to go to school so we ran out of options. He has been on ever since (2 years pre-tx and 3 post) because there is no way I could afford the meds he needs out of pocket. Marti soc310 wrote: Does anyone have any experience applying for Social Security Disability? Our 32 year old daughter has been on sick leave for a year. Her doctors have said

she will not be able to return to work for over a few hours per week. She suffers from both PSC and gastroparesis.What if any difficulties have you encountered? Any suggestions for this application process?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

To get SS disability, you need to be too sick to work. Just ask the SS workers to give you the forms to fill out and then give them to your doctor to fill out and return. Don't depend on a doctor to answer SS questions, and don't ask SS about your medical condition. They all have their areas of expertise.

I have found people are afraid to talk to the Social Security office. It is no big deal. You can even get info without telling them who you are, but to get answers you will need to talk to them. I'm sure they see many "goldbrickers" and fake back injuries, but we have a real medical condition that affects our lives and only gets worse over time, until tx. PSC is considered a disabling condition.

Take Care

MizKIt

I've heard that's it's very difficult to get SS disability. My doctor thinks my blood tests are such that it would be quite a battle to get it. Were your LFTs high when you applied?

Marie

To: From: cmp12305@...Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:28:37 -0500Subject: Re: Social Security Disability

Individuals with PSC are eligible for SS disability when you are too sick to work. You need to apply through the social security office, but most or all of it can be done through the mail and over the phone. I have been getting it for a few years and because I qualified, medicare and medicaid paid for my transplant. Having medicare if or when you have your transplant can be a good thing because the government will then cover the price of immunosuppressents.

I had no problems at all when I applied, but I was a full time students, a single parent with two kids, working part time, and I didn't own anything which makes a difference for medicaid. Don't hesitate to apply, it was painless for me and if you have worked and paid into the SS program, you deserve it.

Take Care

MizKit

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Thanks for that information. I've now had about 8 pretty good days in a row, for no apparent reason, and I'm grateful for that. My preference is to stay as well as possible, and work as long as possible. But I go through a lot of rough patches where the fatigue is so bad I can't work, and when I also have nausea, that makes it even worse. But when the time comes, I'll go to an Social Security office and get the paperwork, and take that to my doctor.

Marie

To: From: cmp12305@...Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:01:21 -0500Subject: Re: Social Security Disability

To get SS disability, you need to be too sick to work. Just ask the SS workers to give you the forms to fill out and then give them to your doctor to fill out and return. Don't depend on a doctor to answer SS questions, and don't ask SS about your medical condition. They all have their areas of expertise.

I have found people are afraid to talk to the Social Security office. It is no big deal. You can even get info without telling them who you are, but to get answers you will need to talk to them. I'm sure they see many "goldbrickers" and fake back injuries, but we have a real medical condition that affects our lives and only gets worse over time, until tx. PSC is considered a disabling condition.

Take Care

MizKIt

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out.

It took three years for me too get my disability I got a lawery and they get a portion of the back pay but it is forth it. The blood draws are not help full, the things that are helpful is the med that you are taking and the sides affects like fatigue. Along with other things which I have doc reports for osteperitios and bone density loss osterris artitis in my knees. It helps too have more than one thing when trying to ge disability.Marie Nilsson wrote: I've heard that's it's very difficult to get SS disability. My doctor

thinks my blood tests are such that it would be quite a battle to get it. Were your LFTs high when you applied? Marie To: From: cmp12305 (AT) aol (DOT) comDate: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:28:37 -0500Subject: Re: Social Security Disability Individuals with PSC are eligible for SS disability when you are too sick to

work. You need to apply through the social security office, but most or all of it can be done through the mail and over the phone. I have been getting it for a few years and because I qualified, medicare and medicaid paid for my transplant. Having medicare if or when you have your transplant can be a good thing because the government will then cover the price of immunosuppressents. I had no problems at all when I applied, but I was a full time students, a single parent with two kids, working part time, and I didn't own anything which makes a difference for medicaid. Don't hesitate to apply, it was painless for me and if you have worked and paid into the SS program, you deserve it. Take Care MizKit Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I got a lawery too aid me in my disability, which they take a portion of back pay, but it is work it. It took three years the main things they lookd at where med taking that add too fatigue, amount you earned prior to disability, and if you could make enough if only can work a couple days a week. Along with if any other conditions as well as the psc makes you unable to work.soc310 wrote: Does anyone have any experience applying for Social Security Disability? Our 32 year old daughter has been on sick leave for a

year. Her doctors have said she will not be able to return to work for over a few hours per week. She suffers from both PSC and gastroparesis.What if any difficulties have you encountered? Any suggestions for this application process?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

We are in the process right now. Pearl got denied the first time

round so I am gathering the paperwork for the appeal. I have heard

that it is kind of random as to who is approved and who isn't and that

it depends on who is reviewing the case. I will get a lawyer if she

isn't approved but I wonder if I should get one for the first time we

got before the judge or if we should wait until we have to start the

process over again? Any ideas?

I just finished with my disability claim and after being denied 2 times I went ahead and got and attorney. He was great and able to do alot of things I don't know I would have been able to do. We went infront of the judge in december and the judge entered his ruling right then and there so personally I thing an attorney would be a great asset to you and Pearl.

Sandi

PSC 2005

Re: Social Security Disability

We are in the process right now. Pearl got denied the first timeround so I am gathering the paperwork for the appeal. I have heardthat it is kind of random as to who is approved and who isn't and thatit depends on who is reviewing the case. I will get a lawyer if sheisn't approved but I wonder if I should get one for the first time wegot before the judge or if we should wait until we have to start theprocess over again? Any ideas?