RemedySpot.com

Re: newbie,

Rate this topic

Guest guest

lilwitch562 wrote:>>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning,itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years! my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a vulvar biopsy. nicoleHi ,Welcome to the group! What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you ever tried pelvic floor physical therapy? Every time we have any kind of pelvic surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles. Feel free to look at the

Files & Links and the older posts have tons of good info. Take Care,Chelle

I HAVE HAD A CYST REMOVED FROM MY URETHRA AND AFTER THAT I HAD 3 VAGINAL FISTULA REPAIRS. IM GRASPING @ STRAWS NOW SO THIS MORNING I WENT TO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST TO SEE IF IM DEALING WITH SOME SKIN CONDITION. SHE TOLD ME MY VAGINAL ENTRANCE IS REALLY SWOLLEN AND INFLAMED, PLUS I HAVE A WEIRD BROWN DISCHARGE THAT COMES UP NEGATIVE FOR ANY INFECTION. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO DEMAND A VAGINAL AND VULVAR BIOPSY, BECAUSE WHATEVER IS GOING ON OUTSIDE IS ACTUALLY COMING FROM MY INSIDE. DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF VULVODYNIA CAN CAUSE SUCH AN INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE THAT IT STARTS TO AFFECT YOU INSIDE AS WELL? I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!Chelle wrote: lilwitch562 <lilwitch562 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: >>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning,itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years! my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a vulvar biopsy. nicoleHi ,Welcome to the group! What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you ever tried pelvic floor

physical therapy? Every time we have any kind of pelvic surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles. Feel free to look at the Files & Links and the older posts have tons of good info. Take Care,Chelle

It sounds to me like you have an advanced case of Crohn's disease which causes all kinds of vaginal pain and problems. You sure should consider going to a good gastroenterologist who knows a lot about Crohn's Disease..

The following is just one article about this. Your fistulas are the tip off. If you google "Crohn's Vulvar" etc. you should find a lot of information.

Best Wishes on this.

Arline

>>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning, itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years! my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a vulvar biopsy. nicoleHi ,Welcome to the group! What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you ever tried pelvic floor physical therapy? Every time we have any kind of pelvic surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles. Feel free to look at the Files & Links and the older posts have tons of good info. Take Care,Chelle

I agree with Arline on the GI doctor. My daughter has Crohn's disease and had a lot of vaginal problems due to the inflammation in her rectum. Find a GI that specializes in IBD. Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

It sounds to me like you have an advanced case of Crohn's disease which causes all kinds of vaginal pain and problems. You sure should consider going to a good gastroenterologist who knows a lot about Crohn's Disease..

The following is just one article about this. Your fistulas are the tip off. If you google "Crohn's Vulvar" etc. you should find a lot of information.

Best Wishes on this.

Arline

>>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning, itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years! my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a vulvar biopsy. nicoleHi ,Welcome to the group! What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you ever tried pelvic floor physical therapy? Every time we have any kind of pelvic surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles. Feel free to look at the Files & Links and the older posts have tons of good info. Take Care,Chelle

Sorry, I always forget the punch line (but this is no joke).

Here is a link.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20011115/1725.html

Arline

• 2 weeks later...

I WENT TO AN OB/GYN TODAY WHO IS SETTING ME UP WITH A GI DOC TO RULE OUT A RECTOVAGINAL FISTULA. PLUS IM GONNA FIGHT MY UROLOGIST TO DO AN MRI TO RULE ANY MORE URETHRAL CYSTS OR DIVERTICULUM. FOR I HAVE PRESENTED WITH THE SAME SYMPTOMS IN THE PAST WHEN I HAD THOSE PROBLEMS. THE OB IS ALSO GONNA SEND ME FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY AND SHE ALSO DID A VULVAR BIOPSY IN THE OFFICE. WHAT A TREAT THAT WAS! NICOLEBABB wrote: , It sounds to me like you have an advanced case of Crohn's disease which causes all kinds of vaginal pain and problems. You sure should consider going to a good gastroenterologist who knows a lot about Crohn's Disease.. The following is just one article about this. Your fistulas are the tip off. If you google "Crohn's Vulvar" etc. you should find a lot of information. Best Wishes on this. Arline >>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning, itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years! my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a vulvar biopsy. nicoleHi ,Welcome to the group! What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you ever tried pelvic floor physical therapy? Every time we have any kind of pelvic surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles. Feel free to look at the Files & Links and the older posts have tons of good info. Take Care,Chelle

That is great . I suspect that Crohn's is a lot more prevalent with these

vulvar disorders than anybody is admitting. The gyns don't want their business

going to the gastroenterologist, etc., or maybe they really don't know??

Did you see the google page I linked somebody to:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crohn%27s+fissures+vulva&btnG=Search

Arline

>>>>i have tried the injections around the vulvar area and it offered me only

minimal relief, and i do mean minimal. i have had 4 vaginal surgies in the past

and have developed so many problems from it. constant vaginal pain,burning,

itching, and inflammation. for 3 months now it has been the worst ever in years!

my medication stopped working that i had been on for years. my next step is a

vulvar biopsy. nicole

Hi ,

Welcome to the group!  What kinds of vaginal surgeries have you had? Have you

ever tried pelvic floor physical therapy?  Every time we have any kind of pelvic

surgery, it can impact the pelvic floor muscles.  Feel free to look at the Files

& Links and the older posts have tons of good info. 

Take Care,

Chelle