Discharge that causes irritation/itch every month

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Every month around the time when I'm ovulating, I get a clear stringy

discharge that lasts 3-5 days, it makes me what to itch, like I have a

mild yeast infection. It subsides once that discharge goes away thank

goodness. I've read posts in the past about this but for the life of

me, can't recall the name. Is it Cytolytic vaginosis, irritant

vaginitis? Please help me out here ladies.

Thats what I've read online, is that what its called that I have every month? Its the discharge that causes the itch but I rarely itch because I don't what to start a vicious cycle. Therefore, I'll take a Claritin and it helps for the most part.

~~

Re: Discharge that causes irritation/itch every month

Cytolytic vaginosis is when you have too much lactobacilli.

Blueeberri

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

That clear, stringy discharge may be your fertile cervical mucous. It is a higher ph that the vagina usually is in order to facilitate sperm life, so it can be irritating for some women.

Lindsey

Thanks for the response, I never thought of that and it makes sense.

~~

Re:Discharge that causes irritation/itch every month

That clear, stringy discharge may be your fertile cervical mucous. It is a higher ph that the vagina usually is in order to facilitate sperm life, so it can be irritating for some women.

Lindsey

Regarding this post -

I would read " Taking Charge of Your Fertility. " Sounds to me like the discharge

is cervical fluid, which should be normal. That sounds like the egg-white stuff

the author talks about and if so it means you are very fertile at that time. I

don't know how that would cause itch. Maybe cut out all the sugars 1 week before

ovulating. A combination of yeast and estrogen fluctuation may be the culprit.

I am not a doctor tho so this is just a guess. Hollis would know more about the

hormone side of things...

quoted:

Thanks for that suggestion, I'll try cutting out sugars a week before ovulating. I'll e-mail Hollis and ask her what she thinks too.

~~

Re:Discharge that causes irritation/itch every month

Regarding this post -

I would read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." Sounds to me like the discharge is cervical fluid, which should be normal. That sounds like the egg-white stuff the author talks about and if so it means you are very fertile at that time. I don't know how that would cause itch. Maybe cut out all the sugars 1 week before ovulating. A combination of yeast and estrogen fluctuation may be the culprit. I am not a doctor tho so this is just a guess. Hollis would know more about the hormone side of things...

quoted:

Hi. I really don't have alot to add to what as already been said. I agree that whatyou're describing as far as discharge goes sounds like good and normal and healthycervical fluid (i call it ov goo strands myself. . .) that is nature's way of trying to getyou pregnant during your fertile period just before, during, and after ovulation.And i think that Lindsey's take on it, that the change of vaginal pH at ovulation inorder to accomodate the sperms' greater alkalinity (so it doesn't kill them beforethey can get anywhere near an egg) could be creating irritation to the mucosaltissues, is a very good possibility. And that increase in the alkalinity of the vaginamight be triggering a mild yeast flare-up during those few days. (Yeast has moredifficulty reproducing and getting out of control when the vaginal pH is more acidic.)I think experimenting with cutting out all sugars, both refined and the sweetest of the natural ones (bananas, concentrated juices, etc.) for a cycle or two, as suggests, would definitely be worth a try. If you do, please tell us how it goes, ok?HollisP.S. And i agree about Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a great book with a lotof really good information that's helpful for any women -- whether she's trying toget pregnant, avoid getting pregnant, or just learn more about her body.Regarding this post - I would read " Taking Charge of Your Fertility. " Sounds to me like the discharge is cervical fluid, which should be normal. That sounds like the egg-white stuff the author talks about and if so it means you are very fertile at that time. I don't know how that would cause itch. Maybe cut out all the sugars 1 week before ovulating. A combination of yeast and estrogen fluctuation may be the culprit. I am not a doctor tho so this is just a guess. Hollis would know more about the hormone side of things... quoted: Every month around the time when I'm ovulating, I get a clear stringy discharge that lasts 3-5 days, it makes me what to itch, like I have a mild yeast infection. It subsides once that discharge goes away thank goodness. I've read posts in the past about this but for the life of me, can't recall the name. Is it Cytolytic vaginosis, irritant vaginitis? Please help me out here ladies.

I appreciate that explanation Hollis, it makes me understand whats going on. I will try cutting out those things and lately I've been eating bananas and chocolate. Maybe if I cut out sugars it'll be less irritating every month when I ovulate, hey its worth a shot.....I'll let ya'll know the outcome.

~~

RE: Re:Discharge that causes irritation/itch every month

Hi. I really don't have alot to add to what as already been said. I agree that what

you're describing as far as discharge goes sounds like good and normal and healthy

cervical fluid (i call it ov goo strands myself. . .) that is nature's way of trying to get

you pregnant during your fertile period just before, during, and after ovulation.

And i think that Lindsey's take on it, that the change of vaginal pH at ovulation in

order to accomodate the sperms' greater alkalinity (so it doesn't kill them before

they can get anywhere near an egg) could be creating irritation to the mucosal

tissues, is a very good possibility. And that increase in the alkalinity of the vagina

might be triggering a mild yeast flare-up during those few days. (Yeast has more

difficulty reproducing and getting out of control when the vaginal pH is more acidic.)

I thi

nk experimenting with cutting out all sugars, both refined and the sweetest of the

natural ones (bananas, concentrated juices, etc.) for a cycle or two, as

suggests, would definitely be worth a try. If you do, please tell us how it goes, ok?

Hollis

P.S. And i agree about Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a great book with a lot

of really good information that's helpful for any women -- whether she's trying to

get pregnant, avoid getting pregnant, or just learn more about her body.

Regarding this post -

I would read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility. &

quot; Sounds to me like the discharge is cervical fluid, which should be normal. That sounds like the egg-white stuff the author talks about and if so it means you are very fertile at that time. I don't know how that would cause itch. Maybe cut out all the sugars 1 week before ovulating. A combination of yeast and estrogen fluctuation may be the culprit. I am not a doctor tho so this is just a guess. Hollis would know more about the hormone side of things...

quoted: