RemedySpot.com

Off Topic: Anyone live in/near San , TX

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone lives in or near San ,

TX: I will be traveling there next week for a conference. Is the

River Walk safe to walk or run along early in the morning by myself?

Is there anything that would be great to try and do while there? I

will have a Sunday morning free. Thanks for any information/advice!

Joanne H

(, Ca)

Hi Joanne, I live in San . As far as being on the Riverwalk in the early morning, I'm pretty sure it would be safe if you stay close to the main hotels. It's one of the main tourist attractions and the city tries to keep it safe for tourists. There is also the riverboat rides, the Market Square, restaurants, such as Mi Tierra, and of course, the Alamo. I would recommend you first see the IMAX movie about the Alamo , as it gives you a better perspective about what happened there. There is an good website, www.sanantoniocvb.com that gives some good information on the things to do in San . Also the fair and rodeo is in town this week. If you have any more questions or need anything while you're here, please email me at mbsa00@... and I will give you my cell

number. Hope you have a good trip, Martha, mom of Matt, UC 6/07, PSC 7/07jmhatch39 wrote: Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone lives in or near San ,TX: I will be traveling there next week for a conference. Is theRiver Walk safe to walk or run along early in the morning by myself? Is there anything that would be great to try and do while there? Iwill have a Sunday morning free. Thanks for any information/advice!Joanne

H(, Ca)

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I live 180 miles from San and I just love that city (I'm a

Texas and we are biased about all of our cities :-). The Riverwalk is

a great place to people watch. The early morning hours will allow you

the time to acutally see the Riverwalk because at night, there are so

many people that it gets really conjested. There are lots of wonderful

restaurants along the path as well as some of the more well-known

hotels. Wish I could meet you there as I haven't been there in quite a

few years. Please go to the conference and let me know what you think

when you get back.

Deb

UC 1993, PSC '05, colectomy 05, one fat, happy Golden Retriever

Deb and Martha -

Thanks for all of your information! It helps me feel more comfortable traveling.

Joanne H

(, Ca, mom of , 17, UC/PSC 2-06)

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of outofpayroll06Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:42 AMTo: Subject: Re: Off Topic: Anyone live in/near San , TX

I live 180 miles from San and I just love that city (I'm a Texas and we are biased about all of our cities :-). The Riverwalk is a great place to people watch. The early morning hours will allow you the time to acutally see the Riverwalk because at night, there are so many people that it gets really conjested. There are lots of wonderful restaurants along the path as well as some of the more well-known hotels. Wish I could meet you there as I haven't been there in quite a few years. Please go to the conference and let me know what you think when you get back.DebUC 1993, PSC '05, colectomy 05, one fat, happy Golden Retriever