RemedySpot.com

where to get blood testing?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what

suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has

worked for anyone..

Debbie

We always go to Quest on Royal Palm and Riverside. One of the phlebatomists there is a man named Kerry and he is extremely patient and skillful. My boys go every 3 months and now it's old hat.

I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..

Debbie

It all depends which major lab your insurance accepts. For ex., Humana and Aetna use "Labcorp" and Avmed uses Quest Diagnostics. I do not know where you live but there is a "Labcorp" facility on East Hallandale Beach Blvd(Memorial Regional outpatient facility) that opens at 7:30 am(Can get there as early as 7:15 am) I went there for many years and last went there @ 9 months ago and the person who draws the blood there is so kind and patient.

To: sList From: dlmoed@...Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 23:58:29 +0000Subject: where to get blood testing?

I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..Debbie

Hi Debbie,I am a mother with a 12 yr old non verbal autistic son.His neurologist requested blood and we took him to Joe Dimaggio (Memorial).My son would not have allowed them to do his lab unless he was medicated,they did a wonderful job.

To: sList Sent: Wed, January 4, 2012 6:58:29 PMSubject: where to get blood testing?

I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..Debbie

It all depends on who your insurance uses. For instance, my insurance is contracted with LabCorp so that would be who I would use unless it is a specialized test which only certain labs were able to accommodate like Genova or Great Plains Lab. In which case you may have to pay for the tests out of pocket. Why is this blood work not being done in the prescribing Dr.'s office?

I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..

Debbie

Call , he is a nurse that comes to your home, takes out your child's blood and will take to the lab that your insurance covers. You will have to pay him for his service, but it's worth it.

He's great with our kids.

Subject: where to get blood testing?To: sList Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 6:58 PM

check insurance.also i hate to say this , theres no easy way for blood teati recommend someone to help you "hold" your son down, and emotional support for you as well. it is usually tougher on moms than the kids.also maybe a dvd player for distraction Amy

I recently took my 17 year old to the same Quest lab and they were EXCELLENT. They showed him eveything and explained what was happening. They were precise and quick and had experience with autism. I called ahead and explained the situation and they waited till most other patients were gone and then took their time with him. His anxiety level remained low and he sat and watched them take several tubes from his arm!!

To: sList Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 8:54:52 AMSubject: Re: where to get blood testing?

We always go to Quest on Royal Palm and Riverside. One of the phlebatomists there is a man named Kerry and he is extremely patient and skillful. My boys go every 3 months and now it's old hat.

I recently too

If this is the that used to work with Dr. Berger I will second his

recommendation, he is excellent with our kids.

Steve

>

>

>

> Subject: where to get blood testing?

> To: sList

> Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 6:58 PM

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what

suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has

worked for anyone..

>

> Debbie

>

It's not always the case we have to hold our kids down. This causes them a lot

of undue stress and anxiety and creates an experience for them that will

continue to be stressful and potentially traumatizing in the future.

Some suggestions would be a social story, using visuals and being very specific

and concrete as to what will happen and what to expect and why we do this.

Provide a treat of some sort for afterwards. Even sucking on a lollipop or a

popsicle during the procedure would help. Letting them watch a favorite show as

a distraction. Or, even allowing them to watch the procedure.

Someone in another post mentioned . He's a phlebotomist and is very

skilled at what he does. He's been doing this for years in people's homes and

is also employed at a hospital. He will share stories of how people believe

they have to hold down their kids and how stressful that can be. It's so much

better for the kids to be told very frankly about the procedure and he can do it

very quickly and without much drama.

I've found much of the anxiety they feel stems from us and our anxiety about the

situation. The more relaxed we are, the more they are relaxed too.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone

We go to Quest Diagnostics in Pembroke Pines. Just let them know he has autism and they are very understanding and gentle. When we first started going, we used to take a laptop so that my son could surf the web or look at videos while they were taking his blood. Only had to do that a couple of times. Now he's find without the laptop and we're in and out in 10 minutes. If you decide to go with Quest, you can make an appointment online so there is no wait when you get there. Subject: where to get blood testing?To: sList Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 6:58 PMI

need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..Debbie------------------------------------

We used his services as well and I will tell you that he is magic. Very good at working quickly and painlessly. He is the only one who gets a vein each time and is done before my child has the chance to pitch a fit.

> To: sList

> Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 6:58 PM

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> I need to get my son's blood tested..which lab does anyone suggest? Also, what suggestions does anyone have to make it somewhat easier, if possible?Or what has worked for anyone..

>

> Debbie

>