RemedySpot.com

Re: candida glabrata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What doctor are you seeing thats doing these test for you? I remember you saw Dr zolnoun so I thought maybe the Dr would be near me....

Subject: candida glabrataTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 9:52 AM

Hey y'all--I've got a question. I've tested positive for candidaglabrata in my gut and rectum. Everything I read says that it is notsusceptible to diflucan and the "azoles" but the sensitivity test thatwas done on my culture shows that my strain IS susceptible to bothdiflucan and nizoral. I was just wondering if anyone knows if onlySOME strains of glabrata are resistant? I'm just a little confused.Thanks.

Lee Ann--

dr. Zolnoun definitely did not order these tests for me. I had them

done in land before I moved here. I also see Dr. Pizzino in

Raleigh and she is currently my primary care doc. She is an

integrative physician and I bet she would do these tests for you. It

takes MONTHS to get in with her, though.

>

> From: femifesto

> Subject: candida glabrata

> To: VulvarDisorders

> Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 9:52 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hey y'all--I've got a question. I've tested positive for candida

> glabrata in my gut and rectum. Everything I read says that it is not

> susceptible to diflucan and the " azoles " but the sensitivity test that

> was done on my culture shows that my strain IS susceptible to both

> diflucan and nizoral. I was just wondering if anyone knows if only

> SOME strains of glabrata are resistant? I'm just a little confused.

>

> Thanks.

>

>

>

Yea I knew Dr Z didnt do it.. Month waits is the story of my life! I'm going to try my primary Dr here in Mt Pleasnt and see what she thinks. But you can send me the contact info for your primary in Raleigh if you have the time. Also what kinda test has she done and are you getting any releif?

Did they find the yeast through a culture?

Subject: Re: candida glabrataTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 10:17 AM

Lee Ann--dr. Zolnoun definitely did not order these tests for me. I had themdone in land before I moved here. I also see Dr. Pizzino inRaleigh and she is currently my primary care doc. She is anintegrative physician and I bet she would do these tests for you. Ittakes MONTHS to get in with her, though.> > From: femifesto <femifesto@. ..>> Subject: candida glabrata> To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups.

com> Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 9:52 AM> > > > > > > Hey y'all--I've got a question. I've tested positive for candida> glabrata in my gut and rectum. Everything I read says that it is not> susceptible to diflucan and the "azoles" but the sensitivity test that> was done on my culture shows that my strain IS susceptible to both> diflucan and nizoral. I was just wondering if anyone knows if only> SOME strains of glabrata are resistant? I'm just a little confused.> > Thanks.> > >

What symptoms were you having that prompted you to have those test done??Subject: candida glabrataTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 9:52 AM

Hey y'all--I've got a question. I've tested positive for candida

glabrata in my gut and rectum. Everything I read says that it is not

susceptible to diflucan and the "azoles" but the sensitivity test that

was done on my culture shows that my strain IS susceptible to both

diflucan and nizoral. I was just wondering if anyone knows if only

SOME strains of glabrata are resistant? I'm just a little confused.

Thanks.