RemedySpot.com

Re: Antihistamines (Q for )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ,

I'd never heard this before. Is this just true of Allegra or any antihistamines? And what's the reason for doing so?

Thanks,

~~

Re: Elavil starting dosage?

My doc was also very clear about taking the Allegra (antihistamine) on an empty stomach in the morning and told me to wait at least an hour before eating after taking it so it could be absorbed into my system.

Hi

I'm over menopause in my 60's had a hysterectomy, with removal of ovaries,,I suffer from V dryness

even though I have a RX compouded Estridol cream made for me with no additives in it...

I found when I take any antihistamine,, it causes more vaginal dryness, Just wanted you all to be Alerted on this side effect

Suffering too long

Kath

Hi,I believe the thoght is that the antihistamine will help withinflammation and burning. I am not sure if Allegra is the only thingbut maybe check with your dr. There must be a reason why my dr.Prescribed Allegra vs.an over the counter antihistamine though.> Dear ,>> I'd never heard this before. Is this just true of Allegra or any> antihistamines? And what's the reason for doing so?>> Thanks,> ~~>> Re: Elavil starting dosage?>>>> My doc was also very clear about taking the Allegra (antihistamine) on an> empty stomach in the morning and told me to wait at least an hour before> eating after taking it so it could be absorbed into my system. Recent> Activity> a.. 2New Members> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness>> A Yahoo! Group>> to share and learn.>> Yahoo! Health> Achy Joint?>> Common arthritis>> myths debunked.>> Best of Y! Groups> Check it out>> and nominate your>> group to be featured.> .>------------------------------------**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****

Hi,

I believe the thoght is that the antihistamine will help with

inflammation and burning. I am not sure if Allegra is the only thing

but maybe check with your dr. There must be a reason why my dr.

Prescribed Allegra vs.an over the counter antihistamine though.

> Dear ,

>

> I'd never heard this before. Is this just true of Allegra or any

> antihistamines? And what's the reason for doing so?

>

> Thanks,

> ~~

>

> Re: Elavil starting dosage?

>

>

>

> My doc was also very clear about taking the Allegra (antihistamine) on an

> empty stomach in the morning and told me to wait at least an hour before

> eating after taking it so it could be absorbed into my system. Recent

> Activity

> a.. 2New Members

> Visit Your Group

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

>

> A Yahoo! Group

>

> to share and learn.

>

> Yahoo! Health

> Achy Joint?

>

> Common arthritis

>

> myths debunked.

>

> Best of Y! Groups

> Check it out

>

> and nominate your

>

> group to be featured.

> .

>

Hi ,

Sorry, I should've been more specific in my question. Oops.

Actually, I have heard of taking antihistamines for the inflammation and burning. I was wondering why your doctor specifically recommended it be taken in the morning and on an empty stomach.

That's what I'd never heard before, and was wondering what the reason for it is and if it applies to other antihistamines as well?

(I take one daily, but tend to take it with food, because I take another medication at the same time. But if there's a benefit to the empty stomach, I'll totally change over).

Thanks,

~~

Re: Elavil starting dosage?>>>> My doc was also very clear about taking the Allegra (antihistamine) on an> empty stomach in the morning and told me to wait at least an hour before> eating after taking it so it could be absorbed into my system. Recent> Activity> a.. 2New Members> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness>> A Yahoo! Group>> to share and learn.>> Yahoo! Health> Achy Joint?>> Common arthritis>> myths debunked.>> Best of Y! Groups> Check it out>> and nominate your>> group to be featured.> .>