RemedySpot.com

shingles...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

my name is and I live in Australia.... when I first got vulvodynia... I thought I had shingles in the vagina..the pain was unbearable.... when I tried to explain to medico's.. that the Pain was so bad... it might be shingles... they all looked at me as if I was mad... my vagina was stuck together for four months.... I was in hell!! I heard of the Jean Hailes foundation in Melbourne Australia.... they deal with womens health issues....... I rang them and asked... can you get shingles in the vagina? they said YES!!! but I probably have vulvodynia... they sent me heaps of information on both......... and when the pain spread down into my vulva area... I knew I had vulvodynia... it has since been confirmed.. by a vulva specalist...it is now two and a half years later...... I have not had the pain in the vagina again............. but my

vulva area is always in pain.... I know that I have vulvodynia when I get up in the morning... and I know when I go to bed at night......I have flare ups... but the pain will stay below a six on the pain scale..............I take no medication for it... and use no creams lotion.... nothing.... and when I adopted that way to live two years ago.... the vulvodynia settled down... I am able to have sex. no pain...just shower straight after..for most of the day... I do not know that I suffer.. just morning and night...ONE of .. the vulva specalist I seen here in Australia advised nothing in the vagina... and nothing on the vulva tissue.... most creams and thrush treatments are corrosive to the vagina .... he said.................of note would be I suffer from no other illness..... was a perfectly healthy fifty-two year old woman.. went for a walk

down the creek and came home with what I thought was shingles.............! hope this helps

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.

Hi , I can relate to your story. I literally woke up one day, a few weeks before I turned 20, and I had terrible rawness and irritation in the vulvar area. That was 16 years ago...and I've spent many years trying to get it under control -- I'm much better now. While it is true that 'some' of the meds that you could use on the vulvar area could cause more pain, some of us have found certain things to be helpful. Several of us use estrogen cream topically. Some have it compounded with soothing ingredients that do not irritate. It has been sooo helpful for me. Some have skin conditions that cause vulvar pain, some have tight pelvic floor muscles that refer pain to the vulvar area. The hard part is trying to figure out 'what' is causing your specific pain.I'm glad to hear

you are doing better...but just know there is tons of info on this group should need it! ;-) Take Care,Chelle