RemedySpot.com

Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was

diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt

everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son

doesn't act " normal " people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames

me because he says that Im the one that " damaged " him. He is in a school that I

don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on

call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because

not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better

services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

Hi Zulma!Would you like to talk more about this? Please feel free to email privately. I will give you my number and we can talk more. :)Will be glad to give you my feedback on this.FabiolaSent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS NetworkSender: sList Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:52:58 -0000To: <sList >ReplyTo: sList Subject: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also? Hi I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act " normal " people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that " damaged " him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

Hi zulma, did u read my post earlier about Needing friends? Look for it and get back toMeif interested.Sent from my iPhone

Hi

I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act "normal" people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that "damaged" him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

He probably is eligible for the McKay scholarship and you can use it for a better public

district school of your choice

To: sList Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:52:58 PMSubject: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also?Hi I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act "normal" people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that "damaged" him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma------------------------------------

I am here if you need someone to talk to.  Don’t give up hope, Don’t let someone Blame you for your child’s diagnosis and the “friends†you thought you had, they were really not.  You are better off. Tonya Tonya QuarequioLicensed Loan Originator/Owner, NMLS: 88836Celebrity Mortgage NMLS:  206978320 SE 11th StreetFort Lauderdale, Florida 33316Telephone: Facsimile: Cellular: Email: tonya.celebrity@...Website: www.celebritymtg.net The highest compliment I can be paid is the trust and confidence you demonstrate when introducing me to family, friends and associates who might also benefit from the services I provide. Your referrals are greatly appreciated. From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of DebbieSent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:05 PMTo: sList Subject: Re: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also? Hi zulma, did u read my post earlier about Needing friends? Look for it and get back toMeif interested.Sent from my iPhone Hi I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act " normal " people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that " damaged " him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

You arent alone. My son has been diagnosed for about 8 years now and I still am having lots of trouble dealing with everything. As others have said, feel free to email me privately, you need some people to talk to!

Clara

airbucket@...

To: sList Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:52:58 PMSubject: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also?

Hi I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act "normal" people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that "damaged" him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

This is the hardest part about autism, what it does to the lives of the people around it. My son for instance is perfectly happy in his autistic little world, but the rest of us around him struggle with it constantly. Depression is a real issue for us all and we all handle it differently. I gained 100 lbs after my son was diagnosed! The weight gain just made my depression worse. I made a decision to lose the weight because I have to live forever to care for my child. That weight loss battle became my obsession. Having something good to focus on instead of my chronic worrying and fear related to autism made a huge difference in my depression. I am one of those people that despises pharmaceuticals so I personally would not take antidepressants, but I know people whose lives are helped from antidepressants so perhaps you could research the plethora of choices both natural and pharma grade out there.

As for relocating to get better services, that is always an option. You would have to relocate to a different state because your options are basically the same anywhere you go in FL or the South for that matter. I know that there are several states up North and out West that have great services for our kids.

I know that autism can be very isolating and you will lose friends because of it (they are dead weight anyway). But along this autism journey you will meet remarkable people who inspire you to be better and who give you hope for a future. We do not get invited to many birthday parties (I hate them anyway), but if you look closely, you will find a reason to celebrate everyday. Our children are our lives and they are miracles. Does anything else really matter? Don't feel sorry for yourself for even one moment because that is a slippery slope. The truth is, we are given this important job of raising these difficult children because God knew we were right for this job. Get involved with the autism community and you will meet people just like yourself. You will make real and lasting connections.

Hi

I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act "normal" people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that "damaged" him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma

Perfectly said! To: sList Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 6:45 AM Subject: Re: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also?

This is the hardest part about autism, what it does to the lives of the people around it. My son for instance is perfectly happy in his autistic little world, but the rest of us around him struggle with it constantly. Depression is a real issue for us all and we all handle it differently. I gained 100 lbs after my son was diagnosed! The weight gain just made my depression worse. I made a decision to lose the weight because I have to live forever to care for my child. That weight loss battle became my obsession. Having something good to focus on instead of my chronic worrying and fear related to autism made a huge difference in my depression. I am one of those people that despises pharmaceuticals so I personally would not take antidepressants, but I know people whose lives are helped from antidepressants so perhaps

you could research the plethora of choices both natural and pharma grade out there.

As for relocating to get better services, that is always an option. You would have to relocate to a different state because your options are basically the same anywhere you go in FL or the South for that matter. I know that there are several states up North and out West that have great services for our kids.

I know that autism can be very isolating and you will lose friends because of it (they are dead weight anyway). But along this autism journey you will meet remarkable people who inspire you to be better and who give you hope for a future. We do not get invited to many birthday parties (I hate them anyway), but if you look closely, you will find a reason to celebrate everyday. Our children are our lives and they are miracles. Does anything else really matter? Don't feel sorry for yourself for even one moment because that is a slippery slope. The truth is, we are given this important job of raising these difficult children because God knew we were right for this job. Get involved with the autism community and you will meet people just like yourself. You will make real and lasting connections.

Hi

Zulma,You are not alone. my son was diagnosed 4 years ago with autism, later to find out that his autism is caused by a rare syndrome called 22q13 deletion syndrome (Phelan McDermid Syndrome) affecting 600 people in the world. I know what it feels like to have depression, to feel isolated, to not want to leave my house, and to cry alot. i have been seeing a therapist, I am on medication. if going to a therapist and taking meds sounds okay to you, i will tell you to try it and see if it can help. i

suggest to find an advocate for your child to find out what exactly is available in the schools. if you do not think the current schooling is not adequate, find out what IS available. there are always options, like getting a "Shadow" thats someone to stay with your child all day at school, and the school pays for it. if your child takes the bus, you must request an aide to help them on the bus and to make sure they are safe. the school has a large responsibility to take care of your child and make sure they are safe. my theory is "if you dont ask questions, you dont know what is available"i think once you feel more secure and confident with your child situation with school and safety, then the pressure will left from you "a little"it is ok to be depressed. it is okay. it

becomes difficult for you to take care of yourself and your child.do you have insurance? medicaid, what state do you live in?there are alot of way to help yourself and your child. i feel like i have talked to alot of people and can offer some kind of advice!talk to a friend, even if you have not met them before, like from our support groups.we understandi know that my friends and the kids he used to play with in essence have moved on, and we are left behind. and i undertsnad that the other kids dont have alot in common with my kid anymore. i recently asked a friend if her son would play with my son, and she told me that he does not want to bc he feels like you son is a baby. i get it. i understand. it hurts and is crappy. but i

understand.no we dont have any playdates. it is hard to go to the supermarket for milk, or go anywhere.my son is a runner.i purchased a specialty harness for him bc he is a runner and almost got hit by a car a few timesdoes your child have therapies?find out what is available with your insurance company, youll have a starting point from there.good luck Zulma,your friend, Amy

-

You hit the nail on the head! I coudn't have said it better! My wife and I are still healing after nearly 5 years. You said it best when you wrote, "The truth is, we are given this important job of raising these difficult children because God knew we were right for this job. Get involved with the autism community and you will meet people just like yourself. You will make real and lasting connections." You are 100% correct! There is no telling where I would be today, if it weren't for the loving and caring folks in the autism community. There are real some champions within the ASD community! I am constantly encouraged by the selfless and dedicated members within the autism community. Regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, political or religious afflilation, I am proud to be associated with the autism community.

Sometimes I hear people say, "I wouldn't change a thing." I can't honestly say that....I wish my son was a typical child like his older brothers, but I love him no less and believe that he is entitled to all the joy and happiness in life as any human being. He is the reason why I advocate for others within the autism community. I can honestly say without a doubt, my son has made me a better person. He has taught me more about life than any teacher, philospher, or member of the clergy.

Zulma - Please send me an e-mail if you would like to talk.

God bless,

Bart

To: sList Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 6:45:11 AMSubject: Re: Since your childs diagnose are you struggling depression also?

This is the hardest part about autism, what it does to the lives of the people around it. My son for instance is perfectly happy in his autistic little world, but the rest of us around him struggle with it constantly. Depression is a real issue for us all and we all handle it differently. I gained 100 lbs after my son was diagnosed! The weight gain just made my depression worse. I made a decision to lose the weight because I have to live forever to care for my child. That weight loss battle became my obsession. Having something good to focus on instead of my chronic worrying and fear related to autism made a huge difference in my depression. I am one of those people that despises pharmaceuticals so I personally would not take antidepressants, but I know people whose lives are helped from antidepressants so perhaps you could research the plethora of choices both natural and pharma grade out there.As for relocating to get better services, that is always an option. You would have to relocate to a different state because your options are basically the same anywhere you go in FL or the South for that matter. I know that there are several states up North and out West that have great services for our kids.I know that autism can be very isolating and you will lose friends because of it (they are dead weight anyway). But along this autism journey you will meet remarkable people who inspire you to be better and who give you hope for a future. We do not get invited to many birthday parties (I hate them anyway), but if you look closely, you will find a reason to celebrate everyday. Our children are our lives and they are miracles. Does anything else really matter? Don't feel sorry for yourself for even one moment because that is a slippery slope. The truth is, we are given this important job of raising these difficult children because God knew we were right for this job. Get involved with the autism community and you will meet people just like yourself. You will make real and lasting connections.

Hi I am new here and been having trouble these last 3 years since my son was diagnosed. I have been trying to hold it in and been trying to be strong bt everything around me is crumbling. I have no friends now because since my son doesn't act "normal" people don't invite me anywhere. My now ex-husband blames me because he says that Im the one that "damaged" him. He is in a school that I don't like and the one I can change him too is too far away. I just started a on call job to make ends meet but also think Im not gonna be there for long because not learning fast enough.Im even thinking of moving out of state to get better services I feel like Im on the end of my rope. Any advise is great. Zulma