RemedySpot.com

re:need friends

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are so many that would like to have a group, we could make a park group to

meet, for friendship and support. It's always nice to know you are not alone

and that your feelings matter. I could meet at 3 any day (or during the day

since we homeschool) at any broward park. Perhaps the butterfly park at

Butterfly World, or Tradewinds?

I'm seriously considering a move to Ft. Lauderdale from the Panhandle.  Isolation and loneliness has been a huge problem for me over the years (my daughter is 18 and was diagnosed shortly before her 3rd birthday).  I am a single parent in every sense of the word (divorced, never received child support, no family nearby, no services, dependent solely on my income for EVERYTHING) and have yet to connect with anyone who shares these circumstances.  Feeling as if I'm taking this journey completely alone is often overwhelming, but I just keep plugging forward, refusing to give up because my daughter deserves the best and that's what I'm determined to give her.

Unfortunately, the support groups I've encountered throughout this experience seem to be most clueless of all.  They just can't seem to get that some of us HAVE to work and simply do not have the time/resources to volunteer weekly, attend " Moms Nights Out " , etc. As a result, there's no support.  My hope is that a larger community may afford more opportunities for meeting people in similar circumstances. Nonetheless, I do have a strong Faith in God, and this has helped pull me through when I feel I like I simply can't do it any longer.

Also, I truly appreciate the miracle and gift of my daughter, and all she  has taught me about what is truly important.  She is the happiest, most genuine person I have ever had the privilege to know.  God has truly blessed each of us with these amazing people and the very honorable mission of caring for them, so there's a lot of comfort in that as well! :)

If anyone out is in a similar situation and would like to share, you can email me at (lesliejane93@...). 

Love and blessings to everyone!

Khat how old is your child, I don't live that far from there.Sent from my iPhone

There are so many that would like to have a group, we could make a park group to meet, for friendship and support. It's always nice to know you are not alone and that your feelings matter. I could meet at 3 any day (or during the day since we homeschool) at any broward park. Perhaps the butterfly park at Butterfly World, or Tradewinds?