RemedySpot.com

Response from Rep Oliva re : iBudget Comments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

----- Forwarded Message ----- To: "'deniseslist@...'" Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 9:22 AM Subject: RE: iBudget Comments

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the changes to the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) and the implementation of the iBudget program. As your State Representative,

I value your concerns and appreciate your input on this issue. As you are aware, the Legislature passed a law in 2010 requiring that the APD implement the iBudget Program starting in 2011.

The goal of the iBudget program is to provide improved customer services, while maintaining a more sustainable and flexible system. The new program includes many advantages for both customers and providers, including the ability for customers to choose services

specific to their needs, lending to greater flexibility for customer care. In addition, the new system will allow the agency to have more budget control and financial predictability, which

will reduce the likelihood of policy changes that may cause a disruption in services.

My fellow Representatives and I agree with you that the quality of care and financial predictability for participants and providers should be priorities in Florida’s health

care system. If this issue comes before me in the upcoming legislative session, I will take your comments and concerns into consideration. Thank you again for taking the time to email me. I also encourage you to visit the iBudget Florida website at

http://apdcares.org/ibudget/, which includes valuable information regarding improvements to the program.