RemedySpot.com

Response fronm Sen Gaetz re: PLEASE OPPOSE SB1516!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

----- Forwarded Message ----- To: Karp Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 5:55 PM Subject: RE: PLEASE OPPOSE SB1516!

Dear Ms. Karp,

Thanks very much for writing me regarding Senate Bill 1516, sponsored by Senator Joe Negron (R-Palm City).

It means a great deal to me that you took time to write and share your thoughts on this legislation, which would make significant changes within Florida law related to the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.

As you may know, Senate Bill 1516 passed through the Senate Committee on Children, Families and Elder Affairs on January 25, 2012. It is now currently waiting to be heard in the Senate Committee on Health Regulation. If this bill is presented, I will certainly

keep your views in mind.

Again, thanks for writing. Your comments, concerns, criticisms and observations make me a better senator.

Respectfully,

Senator Don Gaetz

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 12:46 PM

To: GAETZ.DON.WEB

Subject: PLEASE OPPOSE SB1516!

Dear Senator Gaetz,

We whose special needs loved ones are on the Home and Community Based Services Waiver have seen our services reduced and cut repeatedly over the years. SB 1516 will be such a drastic cut that I fear the quality of life for my 17 year old autistic son (soon

to be out of high school) will come crashing down. It's not only about health and safety - without day programs for these young adults, respite, companion care, etc., their lives will become the four walls of their home, alone.

Please oppose SB 1516 and these very draconian changes at APD. It will set this state, and our efforts to assist the developmentally disabled, back 50 years!

Karp

deniseslist@...

Coral Springs