RemedySpot.com

Update from 's CaringBridge site (from !)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2008 01:17 PM, CST

As most of you know, I was released late Sat. evening, and got home about 8:30. It's been a little rougher recovering at home, since I took my first shower yesterday morning and that WIPED me out. I'm having far more drainage, but the idea is...better out than in. Recovery, overall, has been a gift from God, though so please do not mistake this for complaining - merely an update.

The home health nurse came today for my first blood draw to check my immunosuppressant drug level of Prograf, but since surgery the levels (checked at the hospital) have been good. I'm happy to report that the level of steroids necessary has dropped, which I'm praying will help relieve the overwhelming aching in my legs, arms and shoulders!

My first appt. with the transplant team, as a " new " liver patient, will be Wed. afternoon. That whole concept is so wild - still SO surreal!

Well, enough for now. I just wanted to take a few of my 'sit ups' to send a brief update and thank everyone for the warm wishes, and the continued prayers! I adore you all!!!

Love and hugs,

Liver transplant recipient Jan. 7, 2008!!! (Enjoying my new identity!)

Congratulations to , What a great gift. It is so nice to hear recovery is going so well. Best wishes for a continued quick recovery and start of a new life. SA & J M wrote: MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2008 01:17 PM, CST As most of you know, I was released late Sat. evening, and got home about 8:30. It's been a little rougher recovering at home, since I took my

first shower yesterday morning and that WIPED me out. I'm having far more drainage, but the idea is...better out than in. Recovery, overall, has been a gift from God, though so please do not mistake this for complaining - merely an update. The home health nurse came today for my first blood draw to check my immunosuppressant drug level of Prograf, but since surgery the levels (checked at the hospital) have been good. I'm happy to report that the level of steroids necessary has dropped, which I'm praying will help relieve the overwhelming aching in my legs, arms and shoulders! My first appt. with the transplant team, as a "new" liver patient, will be Wed. afternoon. That whole concept is so wild - still SO surreal! Well, enough for now. I just wanted to take a few of my 'sit ups' to send a brief update and thank everyone for the warm wishes, and

the continued prayers! I adore you all!!! Love and hugs, Liver transplant recipient Jan. 7, 2008!!! (Enjoying my new identity!)