RemedySpot.com

Lori

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It could be that you are over doing it. If you are really worried, call your

Dr. And make sure you ask him about it at your visit on Thursday.

:)

Re: Lori

well i been bleeding about every 2 days jusr for about an hour but it is

very heavy at that time and it stops just as fast as it starts.it is always

real

bright red.does that sound normal?

lori

Guest guest

well i been bleeding about every 2 days jusr for about an hour but it is

very heavy at that time and it stops just as fast as it starts.it is always real

bright red.does that sound normal?

lori

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Well, spring is supposed to be up there already, for heaven's sake!

You guys are still getting snow in the forcast. That's terrible.

> No, I'm in NY, Mojo is in NJ. And Barb is in Michigan. We all seem

to share our weather! What one gets, the other two usually get.

>

>

• 6 months later...

Barbara,

It's a hard thing to do when giving up someones independence. But I have found other ways around it. It' takes a little imagination one will be amazed at how the mind can think of other ways to go on living.

Laurie

Thanks for you note, Lin. I'm not throwing in the towel yet and, even if things don't get back to where they need to be, I still won't won't fdo any towel-tossing without a fight. Gotta tell you though, this curtailed driving is bringing back no-so-fond memories of being grounded and having the car keys taken away in high school (and I'm ashamed to say that that happened with amazing frequency !) Barbara wrote:

I too am obnoxiously independent. God, I just hate this. BarbaraBarbara,

I don't think being independent can be obnoxious, anyway when the reporter was there she asked what was the hardest thing I had to give up and at first I said my job and my friends there but then I got to thinking and I said the hardest thing was my independence. I can't go shopping, I can't drive myself down to Salem, heck right now I can't even drive to St. Helens and that is only 2 miles away!

So I can feel for you and Lori it is a hard thing to give up.

Lin

Cathy,

The things people say in the name of "friendship", like with you they tell you that if you try you could walk and the rest of those lovely things that they tell us in order to "help". I love the one I hear from my family, you need to make yourself get out and do things more, they have no idea what it takes just to get me out the door. I have to make sure I have my medication for as long as I am going to be gone. Then there is the loading and unloading of either my wheel chair or walker or electric scooter depending on where we are planning to go. Whew I am tired of just doing it in mind. So yes I would love to get out more, if it wasn't such a hassle, I could drive, and my pain level is behaving itself. So I am sorry that you foot is so bad, and that you are feeling down, please know that you are in my prayers.

Lin

-- Re: lori

hello. i have been in a wheelchair for 11 years now. no i cannot walk onfoot. it has dropped as far as the foot will go. and now itis turninginward. haven't been able to put weight on it since the awful day ofsurgery. i have one pretty leg (twiggy) and the other leg big muscles( arnold swartzneggera) s go figure. some days i am ok with being inchair , but more than i want are those days that i cry becuasse i cannotwalk. i hate people that say well if you would try you could do it. orwhy can't they break it and cast it and then you could. yeah right.they areot going throught this . ok i will hush. hope you can get somerelef and thebrace does help you. love ya cathy

did yo say you have lupus. if so i need to talk to you. i ave it and

in a big flare and can not take meds for it and it is making me go out

of my bloomn mind. please write soon. thanks cathy

Thanks Lin, I'm trying to stay positive and yes, I'm deleting a bunch of e-mails tonight! Work is beating me up anymore! I will keep you all posted as much as I can about the foot and therapy, if you can call it that. Well I think I'm going to relax now and watch some tv...I love the Thursday night line up on NBC. Feel better Lin and I'll talk to you soon.

<hugs> Lori

Thanks Lin, I'm trying to stay positive and yes, I'm deleting a bunch of e-mails tonight! Work is beating me up anymore! I will keep you all posted as much as I can about the foot and therapy, if you can call it that. Well I think I'm going to relax now and watch some tv...I love the Thursday night line up on NBC. Feel better Lin and I'll talk to you soon.

<hugs> Lori

<hugs> Lori

Lori,

I hope you got a good night's rest tonight and that your therapy (?) goes okay. I watch CBS CSI Without a trace. Well I got a nap so maybe I will get some sleep.

take care,

Lin

-- Re: lori

<hugs> Lori

Lori - I'll post this both publicly and by private email to you so that I know that you will receive it. I can only hope that your taking leave is temporary and that in time you will feel like you are ready to return to us. Even better would be that you would get to the point in your treatment that you wouldn't even feel the need to return. My very best to you in very possible way. Your leaving is a loss, but I well-understand the delicate juggling act that we all have to go through.

Being in the position of both being employed and facing the prospect that I may soon no longer be able to work, it's very hard for me to adress the pros and cons of either scenario. As you so aptly described, both have their drawbacks when it comes to either working or not working while having RSD. I'm not certain that either option is a terrific one. I guess the most difficult and powerless place is the one of not having a choice.

You will be missed. I hope that everything wors out well for you. BarbaraAlwayzLoRi@... wrote:

Everyone,

I've been struggling for a while now with a decision and I know I've made the right one....for now Jo, I'm asking to go on no mail, I need to take a "leave of absence" from the group. I don't want anyone to take this personally, it has nothing to do with anyone in the group, it has to do with me. I never have time or energy to read posts and it is just not fair to anyone to continue right now. I feel terrible that you all take the time to write back to me and give me advice and support, and most of the time I respond days if not weeks later, or I miss it because I had to delete everything and didn't catch it. I just can't keep doing it to all of you, you deserve better and it also makes me feel terrible and stressed. Every night I try to come online and get through the mail and I can't, and then I feel guilty, and I delete them all and tell myself I'll do better, and then it starts all over again. Right now with work and my body falling

apart, and physical therapy and doctor appointments...I just have no energy left for this group, I'm sorry and I wish things were different.

I think it was Jai who said recently that she envies those of us who are still working and still have our independence. Well I want to say that yes, I hope all of you can gain back your independence, but please make sure it is worth it. If keeping your independence means the only thing you can manage to do in a day is work, when you can't cook dinner for yourself or clean for yourself, if you can't spend some time to talk with your friends and participate in this group...if having your independence means going through all of this alone...well trust me, it is not worth it.

To be honest, alot of the time I envy all of you who are not working and are concentrating on getting better. I envy all of you who have the time to help others, talk to others and give advice, help all the new people who join the group who are scared, all of you who are trying to make the public aware with interviews, all of you who are putting your energy towards fighting this horrible disease....you are all doing a much greater job then how I spend my time...pricing a bunch of wine. I don't know, I know it is hard for all of you who have stopped working and can't drive and have to rely on others....but be thankful you have others there to help and know that what you are all doing is awesome.

Well that's about it really. I will miss all of you and I love every one in this group. Some of you I have gotten to know better than others, but that happens in any aspect of life. I can honestly say there is not one person in here who I say to myself...ugh, I can't stand talking to so and so. You are all wonderful, caring people and I pray that each of you can find a new purpose in life, happiness, and most of all a pain free world.

If anyone would like to continue to write to me privately my address is AlwayzLori@..., and I promise I will try my best to respond in a reasonable amount of time. Much love to all of you and keep up the fight. Hopefully if my life takes a different turn I will be able to come back to the group and give of myself the way all of you do.

<hugs> Lori

Lori - I'll post this both publicly and by private email to you so that I know that you will receive it. I can only hope that your taking leave is temporary and that in time you will feel like you are ready to return to us. Even better would be that you would get to the point in your treatment that you wouldn't even feel the need to return. My very best to you in very possible way. Your leaving is a loss, but I well-understand the delicate juggling act that we all have to go through.

Being in the position of both being employed and facing the prospect that I may soon no longer be able to work, it's very hard for me to adress the pros and cons of either scenario. As you so aptly described, both have their drawbacks when it comes to either working or not working while having RSD. I'm not certain that either option is a terrific one. I guess the most difficult and powerless place is the one of not having a choice.

You will be missed. I hope that everything wors out well for you. BarbaraAlwayzLoRi@... wrote:

Everyone,

I've been struggling for a while now with a decision and I know I've made the right one....for now Jo, I'm asking to go on no mail, I need to take a "leave of absence" from the group. I don't want anyone to take this personally, it has nothing to do with anyone in the group, it has to do with me. I never have time or energy to read posts and it is just not fair to anyone to continue right now. I feel terrible that you all take the time to write back to me and give me advice and support, and most of the time I respond days if not weeks later, or I miss it because I had to delete everything and didn't catch it. I just can't keep doing it to all of you, you deserve better and it also makes me feel terrible and stressed. Every night I try to come online and get through the mail and I can't, and then I feel guilty, and I delete them all and tell myself I'll do better, and then it starts all over again. Right now with work and my body falling

apart, and physical therapy and doctor appointments...I just have no energy left for this group, I'm sorry and I wish things were different.

I think it was Jai who said recently that she envies those of us who are still working and still have our independence. Well I want to say that yes, I hope all of you can gain back your independence, but please make sure it is worth it. If keeping your independence means the only thing you can manage to do in a day is work, when you can't cook dinner for yourself or clean for yourself, if you can't spend some time to talk with your friends and participate in this group...if having your independence means going through all of this alone...well trust me, it is not worth it.

To be honest, alot of the time I envy all of you who are not working and are concentrating on getting better. I envy all of you who have the time to help others, talk to others and give advice, help all the new people who join the group who are scared, all of you who are trying to make the public aware with interviews, all of you who are putting your energy towards fighting this horrible disease....you are all doing a much greater job then how I spend my time...pricing a bunch of wine. I don't know, I know it is hard for all of you who have stopped working and can't drive and have to rely on others....but be thankful you have others there to help and know that what you are all doing is awesome.

Well that's about it really. I will miss all of you and I love every one in this group. Some of you I have gotten to know better than others, but that happens in any aspect of life. I can honestly say there is not one person in here who I say to myself...ugh, I can't stand talking to so and so. You are all wonderful, caring people and I pray that each of you can find a new purpose in life, happiness, and most of all a pain free world.

If anyone would like to continue to write to me privately my address is AlwayzLori@..., and I promise I will try my best to respond in a reasonable amount of time. Much love to all of you and keep up the fight. Hopefully if my life takes a different turn I will be able to come back to the group and give of myself the way all of you do.

<hugs> Lori

Everyone,

<hugs> Lori

• 1 month later...

Pam,

I didn't realize that you lost your job. I am so sorry that your RSD is raging. Mine isn't doing great either, the humidity over hear was high so therefore.... I am sorry that you feel lost. But I know all of us are here for you. I think that is why the compound was such a fun thought, to be around a group of people that KNOW what we are going through and truly understand the pain and the feelings that we have.

Well Pam I will keep you both in my prayers.

Lin

LORI I JUST READ YOUR POST AND I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER AN IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED FROM ME JUST ASK....MY RSD IS RAGING AND NOW I GOT TURNED DOWN BY YET ANOTHER DOCTOR...I'M JUST PRAYING THAT THERE IS A DOCTOR THAT CANTREAT MY RSD....I LOST THE JOB I LOVE WORKING IN HEALTH CARE AND NOW I FEEL LOST BUT I HAVE ALL OF YOU THANK YOU SOFT HUGS TO YOU LORI FROM PAM MY E-MAIL IS patches13033@...

Pam,

I didn't realize that you lost your job. I am so sorry that your RSD is raging. Mine isn't doing great either, the humidity over hear was high so therefore.... I am sorry that you feel lost. But I know all of us are here for you. I think that is why the compound was such a fun thought, to be around a group of people that KNOW what we are going through and truly understand the pain and the feelings that we have.

Lin

LORI I JUST READ YOUR POST AND I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER AN IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED FROM ME JUST ASK....MY RSD IS RAGING AND NOW I GOT TURNED DOWN BY YET ANOTHER DOCTOR...I'M JUST PRAYING THAT THERE IS A DOCTOR THAT CANTREAT MY RSD....I LOST THE JOB I LOVE WORKING IN HEALTH CARE AND NOW I FEEL LOST BUT I HAVE ALL OF YOU THANK YOU SOFT HUGS TO YOU LORI FROM PAM MY E-MAIL IS patches13033@...

Pam,

Lin

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hugs to you my friend. I know how difficult this stuff is to deal with. I am

always here if you need to talk, k?

take care,

> Sharon,

>

> I am in South Dakota and it is 5:30 am central time. My hubby just left

> for work. I still feel so bad I can't be going to work like I use to. It

> makes me feel guilty. I need to get started on Disability. He gets mad at me

> he says I haven't started yet because I still do not accept I have a

> disease. He is right even after 17 years of it. I do not want to give up my

> life and right now my children all grown and gone. Sorry I had to take my

> meds! I just lost my second grandchild and the wedding for my daughter was

> put on hold for awhile and then she calls me the other night and tells me

> she is pregnant . She had just found out. My oldest is the one who was going

> to have a child with his girlfriend of 5 years when all of the sudden she

> calls him and tells him she miscarried and that he needed to get a life and

> grow up. He is heart broken. He thinks she may have gotten an abortion as

> her brother and her mother said she should not have the baby as she already

> has

> one. Buster he is so cute and loved him just like his own. He took

> care of her as he was the only one with a job and was running her

> everywhere. unbelievable! My oldest was born on my birthday and he is so

> much like me he wears his heart on his sleeve! He called this week also and

> just needed to talk and is still having a hard hard time. The other

> grandchild we lost my middle son knew nothing about this girl being pregnant

> until she miscarried. They had lived together for a while and I tell you

> what that girl scared me she was a psycho. Well I am sorry i laid all this

> on you I don't mean too. I just thought after they left it would be easier!

> LOL Guess not huh? My pain doesn't wake me up very often I just end up

> getting up. If you ever need anything while I am still here let me know.

> hasn't said she doesn't need me since she has gotten back, so I am

> still here for now. Take care!

>

> Thanks for listening to my issues, sorry,

> Lori J

>

> sharon studley <seescallop@... <seescallop%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

> Hey don't apoligize as I never know when I may forget something and get

> caught and would of possible opened when schrolling onto e-mails one after

> another. plus you refreshed me to pass it on to family members. Sooooo Thank

> you better a million times then not at all Take Care hope your having a

> light day, night? not sure where you are I woke with screaming pain in lower

> back right hip etc. waiting for meds to kick in...Sharon

>

> Lori Hammer <dodgeturbo99@... <dodgeturbo99%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

> Sorry, I just got it a little bit ago and just wanted to make sure everyone

> got it. I apologize. Have a great day. And nice to hear from you,

>

> Gentle Hugs,

> Lori J

>

> sharon studley <seescallop@... <seescallop%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

> Thanks and I did get this forwarded to me by my sis-in law from Hawaii she

> is right up on sending me these alerts.

>

> Lori Hammer <dodgeturbo99@... <dodgeturbo99%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

> http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard

>

> It's very important that you check this out on snopes.com and type

> " Postcard Virus " in the Search. There are a LOT of variations to this

> virus.

>

> Cindy

>

> >> Subject: Fwd: Fw: New PC Virus

> >>

> >This is real. The FBI is even involved.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Hi All,I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are

> >> > gearing up for this

> >> > virus! I checked snopes.com, and it is for real!! Get

> >> > this E-mail message sent around to your contacts

> >> > ASAP. PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS,

> >> > FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

> >> >

> >> >

> >You should be alert during the next few days. Do not

> >> > open any message with an attachment entitled

> >> > " POSTCARD, " regardless of who sent it to you

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which

> >> > 'burns' the whole hard disc C of

> >> > your computer. This virus will be received from

> >> > someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact

> >> > list.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > This is the reason why you need to send this e-mailto

> >> > all your contacts. It is better to receive this

> >> > message 25 times than to receive the virus and open

> >> > it. If you receive a mail called " POSTCARD, " even

> >> > though sent to you by a friend, do not open it.!

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst

> >> > virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by

> >> > Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This

> >> > virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is

> >> > no repair yet for this kind of virus.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard

> >> > Disc, where the vital information is kept. COPY THIS

> >> > E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU

> >> > SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

> God's Blessings To You and Yours, JoyBird and Dennis

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

> now.

>

> now.

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you . Just felt like pouring my guts out today! Sorry I should not

have done that.

Lori J

vh wrote:

Hugs to you my friend. I know how difficult this stuff is to deal with. I am

always here if you need to talk, k?

take care,

> Sharon,

>

> I am in South Dakota and it is 5:30 am central time. My hubby just left

> for work. I still feel so bad I can't be going to work like I use to. It

> makes me feel guilty. I need to get started on Disability. He gets mad at me

> he says I haven't started yet because I still do not accept I have a

> disease. He is right even after 17 years of it. I do not want to give up my

> life and right now my children all grown and gone. Sorry I had to take my

> meds! I just lost my second grandchild and the wedding for my daughter was

> put on hold for awhile and then she calls me the other night and tells me

> she is pregnant . She had just found out. My oldest is the one who was going

> to have a child with his girlfriend of 5 years when all of the sudden she

> calls him and tells him she miscarried and that he needed to get a life and

> grow up. He is heart broken. He thinks she may have gotten an abortion as

> her brother and her mother said she should not have the baby as she already

> has

> one. Buster he is so cute and loved him just like his own. He took

> care of her as he was the only one with a job and was running her

> everywhere. unbelievable! My oldest was born on my birthday and he is so

> much like me he wears his heart on his sleeve! He called this week also and

> just needed to talk and is still having a hard hard time. The other

> grandchild we lost my middle son knew nothing about this girl being pregnant

> until she miscarried. They had lived together for a while and I tell you

> what that girl scared me she was a psycho. Well I am sorry i laid all this

> on you I don't mean too. I just thought after they left it would be easier!

> LOL Guess not huh? My pain doesn't wake me up very often I just end up

> getting up. If you ever need anything while I am still here let me know.

> hasn't said she doesn't need me since she has gotten back, so I am

> still here for now. Take care!

>

> Thanks for listening to my issues, sorry,

> Lori J

>

> sharon studley > wrote:

> Hey don't apoligize as I never know when I may forget something and get

> caught and would of possible opened when schrolling onto e-mails one after

> another. plus you refreshed me to pass it on to family members. Sooooo Thank

> you better a million times then not at all Take Care hope your having a

> light day, night? not sure where you are I woke with screaming pain in lower

> back right hip etc. waiting for meds to kick in...Sharon

>

> Lori Hammer > wrote:

> Sorry, I just got it a little bit ago and just wanted to make sure everyone

> got it. I apologize. Have a great day. And nice to hear from you,

>

> Gentle Hugs,

> Lori J

>

> sharon studley > wrote:

> Thanks and I did get this forwarded to me by my sis-in law from Hawaii she

> is right up on sending me these alerts.

>

> Lori Hammer > wrote:

> http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard

>

> It's very important that you check this out on snopes.com and type

> " Postcard Virus " in the Search. There are a LOT of variations to this

> virus.

>

> Cindy

>

> >> Subject: Fwd: Fw: New PC Virus

> >>

> >This is real. The FBI is even involved.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Hi All,I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are

> >> > gearing up for this

> >> > virus! I checked snopes.com, and it is for real!! Get

> >> > this E-mail message sent around to your contacts

> >> > ASAP. PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS,

> >> > FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

> >> >

> >> >

> >You should be alert during the next few days. Do not

> >> > open any message with an attachment entitled

> >> > " POSTCARD, " regardless of who sent it to you

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which

> >> > 'burns' the whole hard disc C of

> >> > your computer. This virus will be received from

> >> > someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact

> >> > list.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > This is the reason why you need to send this e-mailto

> >> > all your contacts. It is better to receive this

> >> > message 25 times than to receive the virus and open

> >> > it. If you receive a mail called " POSTCARD, " even

> >> > though sent to you by a friend, do not open it.!

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst

> >> > virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by

> >> > Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This

> >> > virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is

> >> > no repair yet for this kind of virus.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard

> >> > Disc, where the vital information is kept. COPY THIS

> >> > E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU

> >> > SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

> God's Blessings To You and Yours, JoyBird and Dennis

> now.

>