RemedySpot.com

Update from 's CaringBridge site

Rate this topic

Guest guest

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2008 09:27 PM, CST

Today was a bit rougher for me for two reasons, I believe. One, some of the abdominal swelling is going down and it's allowing me to feel how much they stretched my poor rib cage, and two, apparently my Prograf level was too low. They raised my antirejection med. from 1 mg., 2 x daily, to 6 mg., 2 x daily. This probably explains the low grade temp I've been running all day. All in all it wasn't my best day, but it's been tollerable!

I managed to take a shower, using a shower chair this time (I can be taught!) so it wasn't quite as exhausting. I don't think I'll try one without it again for a few days, it's not worth getting completely worn out.

Tomorrow, I have an appt. at and I hope to have a better understanding of a few things. ~ How my liver looked. ~What the pathology of my liver reports. ~What all meds they will resume post transplant. So far they have me on only a few of the oldies, but I'm sure at least a few more will be added. Prior to transplant I was taking 48 pills per day so this 16-18 daily is NO BIG DEAL!

I'll try to post tomorrow night, after my appt. and give an update. Thanks again for the continued prayers as my new liver and I get adjusted to one another!

Much love,