RemedySpot.com

RE: brain exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Amy, I have taken prednisone 10 and thought I would always but was suprised by my pcp last week telling me she was going to confer with my pulmonologist to take me down to 5mg soon. I have always been pro prednisone even with puffiness etc but this group has made me think that some of my problems may be related to prednisone side effects. As to brain function my pcp had made a dx of alzheimers but a nerologist at the UW reversed that and said I have brain damage caused by aging. A little worse than I should but not really alzheimers. He did keep me on the Exelon patch which I think helps. I also exercise my brain with soduko and try to do a crossword every day. I still read before sleep every night. Losing my cognitive skills scares me more than the IPF. Just stick to it and I believe you can improve.

Steve 60 from Buckley WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: (unknown)Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Is anyone on just 10 mg of prednisone? I have been on 10 for a long time. I would love to get off , they keep telling me my breathing would get worse. Also sometimes I feel like I have lost half of my brain cells. I can't remember, forgetful cannot remember how to do things. Programs on the computer I could do without thinking now I cannot remember can't concentrate. I am told it is because I don't excercise my brain, I use to read a lot now I cannot finish a book no a chapter. I hardlyl ever get to leave the house. I getted winded just walking to the door. Oh yeah once you are this bad your friends disapear, they all say "if there is anything we can do anything just call" I probably sound like a big complaining cry baby. I am really not like that it is just I know how long and late stage I am and what I use to do and what I do now. I know everyone is probably feeling this way too so help me about the concentrating.

Amy

I'm with you Bruce... Losing my cognitive skills scares me more than the IPF too.

Hope this finds things being more organized for you at home and you doing well.

Rich says hello.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Amy, I have taken prednisone 10 and thought I would always but was suprised by my pcp last week telling me she was going to confer with my pulmonologist to take me down to 5mg soon. I have always been pro prednisone even with puffiness etc but this group has made me think that some of my problems may be related to prednisone side effects. As to brain function my pcp had made a dx of alzheimers but a nerologist at the UW reversed that and said I have brain damage caused by aging. A little worse than I should but not really alzheimers. He did keep me on the Exelon patch which I think helps. I also exercise my brain with soduko and try to do a crossword every day. I still read before sleep every night. Losing my cognitive skills scares me more than the IPF. Just stick to it and I believe you can improve.

From: Amy Dawn <amy7675 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: (unknown)Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Is anyone on just 10 mg of prednisone? I have been on 10 for a long time. I would love to get off , they keep telling me my breathing would get worse. Also sometimes I feel like I have lost half of my brain cells. I can't remember, forgetful cannot remember how to do things. Programs on the computer I could do without thinking now I cannot remember can't concentrate. I am told it is because I don't excercise my brain, I use to read a lot now I cannot finish a book no a chapter. I hardlyl ever get to leave the house. I getted winded just walking to the door. Oh yeah once you are this bad your friends disapear, they all say "if there is anything we can do anything just call" I probably sound like a big complaining cry baby. I am really not like that it is just I know how long and late stage I am and what I use to do and what I do now. I know everyone is probably feeling this way too so help me about the concentrating.

Amy

Whoops...sorry Steve...I called you Bruce. I keep telling you the cognitive skills are slipping. lol

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

From: Amy Dawn <amy7675 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: (unknown)Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Amy