RemedySpot.com

O2 Drop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A new question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then I turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a nice day.

Amy

Amy

Take Handcuffs. If an hour isn't enough, handcuff yourself to him and

hide the key until you're ready. Seriously, you make him take whatever

time YOU need. Not what is scheduled.

>

> Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A new

question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then I

turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am

sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my

list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there

with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a nice

day.

> Amy

>

Amy,

Wow, you brought up something that has been baffling me also. I'll get into bed at night, my concentrator set at 3 liters. I take my time, get into bed slowly and no matter what I do, it happens. I'll just get myself settled and as you said, "all hell breaks loose". My sats drop and I start to cough. This will go on for at least 5 minutes. I'm short of breath, my sats drop into the 80's and I'm coughing so hard it's amazing I don't cough up one or both of my lungs.

I suppose it's just that getting settled in bed is just too much activity for 3 liters for me but even that doesn't really make sense. It all settles down after 5 or 10 minutes and then I'm fine.

Does yours just settle down on it's own or do you have to get up and turn your O2 up? This is so frustrating isn't it?

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

O2 Drop

Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A new question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then I turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a nice day.

Amy

MB

Mine is somewhat similar and somewhat different.

Immediately upon getting in bed and laying down my sats drop. Now, I lay

very still for a bit and they come back up. Reaching over to my

nightstand to get water and turning drops it. I don't do the coughing

but I know some nights would if I couldn't elevate the head of my bed. I

do love my Mattress Genie.

I get a similar event to this everytime I sit on the sofa or when I get

into the car. Immediately my sats drop. Then they rise back up.

I don't know if its position or way our body is contorted or if its more

something the way we breathe that when we're up we're breathing deeply

and the moment we're down we relax and slow down on breathing so inhale

fewer times per minute.

>

> Amy,

> Wow, you brought up something that has been baffling me also. I'll

get into bed at night, my concentrator set at 3 liters. I take my time,

get into bed slowly and no matter what I do, it happens. I'll just get

myself settled and as you said, " all hell breaks loose " . My sats drop

and I start to cough. This will go on for at least 5 minutes. I'm short

of breath, my sats drop into the 80's and I'm coughing so hard it's

amazing I don't cough up one or both of my lungs.

> I suppose it's just that getting settled in bed is just too much

activity for 3 liters for me but even that doesn't really make sense. It

all settles down after 5 or 10 minutes and then I'm fine.

> Does yours just settle down on it's own or do you have to get up and

turn your O2 up? This is so frustrating isn't it?

>

> Beth

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

>

>

>

>

> O2 Drop

>

>

> Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A new

question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then I

turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am

sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my

list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there

with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a nice

day.

> Amy

>

Bruce,

That's funny. Now that you bring it up the same thing happens to me, though to a lesser extent when I get into my car. Not when I get out, only when I get in. Very very odd....

Beth

O2 Drop>>> Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A newquestion I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then Iturn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I amsure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for mylist. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in therewith him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a niceday.>

Amy>

MB

And sometimes mine takes longer to build back up than others. However,

typically, I might be on 3-4 lpm and around 93 or so. I get in the car,

sit, check. Now, still on that I see I've dropped to maybe 90 or 88 or

so, sitting on 3-4 lpm. I can then just watch it rebuild and as it does

I turn it down. Then most of the time I can drive without oxygen

although other times I have to keep a little on. Sometimes it rebuilds

in a matter of seconds after getting in and other times it may take 3 or

4 minutes to completely rebuild.

> >

> > Amy,

> > Wow, you brought up something that has been baffling me also. I'll

> get into bed at night, my concentrator set at 3 liters. I take my

time,

> get into bed slowly and no matter what I do, it happens. I'll just get

> myself settled and as you said, " all hell breaks loose " . My sats drop

> and I start to cough. This will go on for at least 5 minutes. I'm

short

> of breath, my sats drop into the 80's and I'm coughing so hard it's

> amazing I don't cough up one or both of my lungs.

> > I suppose it's just that getting settled in bed is just too much

> activity for 3 liters for me but even that doesn't really make sense.

It

> all settles down after 5 or 10 minutes and then I'm fine.

> > Does yours just settle down on it's own or do you have to get up and

> turn your O2 up? This is so frustrating isn't it?

> >

> > Beth

> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> >

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > O2 Drop

> >

> >

> > Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. A

new

> question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good then

I

> turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am

> sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my

> list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there

> with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have a

nice

> day.

> > Amy

> >

>

To MB and others , as i read my email its sounded stupid. the reason i worry about dropping dead is who doesn't when faced with any health issue. seeing as i can still do alot within my yard and shopping i sound like iam better off then the people here.NOT THE CASE!!! i always keep my health issues at hand never closing the door. but without insurance i cannot afford costly medicince for the ph. docs haven't even mention that. i want to get off o2 if ican to atleast work part time to pay for what i am taking. advair alone is 2 hundred and sprivia is about the same. cozaar lasix and pottsium also cost so i feel like i was being ignorant about my email and maybe since i wasn't dx with pf i don't belong here. sorry if i sounded like a jerk

sharon p

Subject: Re: O2 DropTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 11:48 AM

MBAnd sometimes mine takes longer to build back up than others. However,typically, I might be on 3-4 lpm and around 93 or so. I get in the car,sit, check. Now, still on that I see I've dropped to maybe 90 or 88 orso, sitting on 3-4 lpm. I can then just watch it rebuild and as it doesI turn it down. Then most of the time I can drive without oxygenalthough other times I have to keep a little on. Sometimes it rebuildsin a matter of seconds after getting in and other times it may take 3 or4 minutes to completely rebuild.> >> > Amy,> > Wow, you brought up something that has been baffling me also. I'll> get into bed at night, my concentrator set at 3 liters. I take mytime,> get into bed slowly and no matter what I do, it happens. I'll just get> myself settled and as you said, "all hell breaks loose". My sats drop> and I start to cough. This will go on for at least 5 minutes. I'mshort> of breath, my sats drop into

the 80's and I'm coughing so hard it's> amazing I don't cough up one or both of my lungs.> > I suppose it's just that getting settled in bed is just too much> activity for 3 liters for me but even that doesn't really make sense.It> all settles down after 5 or 10 minutes and then I'm fine.> > Does yours just settle down on it's own or do you have to get up and> turn your O2 up? This is so frustrating isn't it?> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >> >> >> > O2 Drop> >> >> > Thanks everyone

for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. Anew> question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good thenI> turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am> sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my> list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there> with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have anice> day.> > Amy> >>

sharon

i'm new to the group and i spend some time reading emails before i responed and i can assure you, you are not a jerk. no one here is a jerk, we all have problems and most (if not all) are finding answers and sharing our problems and solutions.

stick around!!

ken

O2 Drop> >> >> > Thanks everyone for the engourament re: my appt to the new pul. Anew> question I will be in bed at 4 -5 lpm saturation good heart good thenI> turn over and all hell breaks loose. I drop out of breath etc. I am> sure I am not alone with this but WHY? I guess another question for my> list. They told me being a new patient I am allowed 1 hour in there> with him and you know I will be there all 60 mins. Everyone have anice> day.> > Amy> >>

similar things happen to me, when i change positions, from upright to lying down, i start to cough, haven't checked my sats, so don't know what's happening there

sometimes i lie down on my side and hold myself up on my elbow to make a more gradual transition

lately i have been propping my head with pillows and folded blankets and taking them away one by one to avoid the coughing that comes with the change of positions

don't know why it happens, it just doesPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Subject: Re: O2 DropTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 12:17 PM

Amy,

Wow, you brought up something that has been baffling me also. I'll get into bed at night, my concentrator set at 3 liters. I take my time, get into bed slowly and no matter what I do, it happens. I'll just get myself settled and as you said, "all hell breaks loose". My sats drop and I start to cough. This will go on for at least 5 minutes. I'm short of breath, my sats drop into the 80's and I'm coughing so hard it's amazing I don't cough up one or both of my lungs.

I suppose it's just that getting settled in bed is just too much activity for 3 liters for me but even that doesn't really make sense. It all settles down after 5 or 10 minutes and then I'm fine.

Does yours just settle down on it's own or do you have to get up and turn your O2 up? This is so frustrating isn't it?

Beth

O2 Drop

Amy