My first post

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I just was diagnosed with interstitial lung diease. My friend

suggested I join this group to learn first hand from others. I have a

wonderful x-boss who's son is chief of pulmonology at mayo. So, off I

go to Mayo for tests and probably more tests. Could you give me some

idea what tests to expect other than the ordinary blood and x-rays?

My x sister in law is traveling with me that week and will be a great

source of comfort to me.

As you probably noticed, my x's continue to be my dear caring friends.

Thank you for letting me join your family for support

Lynne

hi Lynne, welcome to our group, sorry you need to be here

every three months when I see the pulmonary, I do a six minute walk and the pulmonary function tests--the ones when you blow into machines

lots of blood tests in the beginning to rule out other diseases, etc

high resolution cat scans in the beginning

when i went for the 3 day eval for transplant, there were a "million" tests, that was july 2006

I think if you go to mayo clinic, you should be in good hands

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Subject: My first postTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 9:15 PM

Hello,I just was diagnosed with interstitial lung diease. My friend suggested I join this group to learn first hand from others. I have a wonderful x-boss who's son is chief of pulmonology at mayo. So, off I go to Mayo for tests and probably more tests. Could you give me some idea what tests to expect other than the ordinary blood and x-rays?My x sister in law is traveling with me that week and will be a great source of comfort to me.As you probably noticed, my x's continue to be my dear caring friends.Thank you for letting me join your family for supportLynne

Lynn,

You already got a good reply from Joyce but I wanted to pop in and welcome you aboard. We always say, that though it's not good that you had reason to look for us we are all glad you found us. There is tremendous wisdom, compassion, support and friendship here.

When you go to Mayo, you will likely have a pulmonary function test, a high resolution ct scan, a 6 minute walk, possibly and echocardiogram and probably lots and lots of bloodwork. All this will help the doctors assess the condition of your lungs and to search for a possible cause for your illness.

I'm happy that you are going to have testing done at a quality facility like Mayo. This illness is fairly rare so places like Mayo see it much more frequently than the average community hospital and they are also up to date with all the most recent research and information. I'm also glad that you have a solid support system. This is something that will prove to be very important to you in the coming days weeks and months. Good luck with everything and please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My first post

Hello,I just was diagnosed with interstitial lung diease. My friend suggested I join this group to learn first hand from others. I have a wonderful x-boss who's son is chief of pulmonology at mayo. So, off I go to Mayo for tests and probably more tests. Could you give me some idea what tests to expect other than the ordinary blood and x-rays?My x sister in law is traveling with me that week and will be a great source of comfort to me.As you probably noticed, my x's continue to be my dear caring friends.Thank you for letting me join your family for supportLynne

Lynne, Welcome to the board. Your friend

was right.

This is the place to come for your questions to be answered.

How far away are you from Mayo? I hope your get there safely

and that you the help you need medically.

We will be here for all the other stuffAlthough many here can give you

medical info as well.

Good luck.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

lynne wrote:

Hello,

I just was diagnosed with interstitial lung diease. My friend

suggested I join this group to learn first hand from others. I have a

wonderful x-boss who's son is chief of pulmonology at mayo. So, off I

go to Mayo for tests and probably more tests. Could you give me some

idea what tests to expect other than the ordinary blood and x-rays?

My x sister in law is traveling with me that week and will be a great

source of comfort to me.

As you probably noticed, my x's continue to be my dear caring friends.

Thank you for letting me join your family for support

Lynne

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.14/1647 - Release Date: 9/2/2008 6:02 AM

Lynne, Hello and welcome to the group. I'm not here often due to waiting for the call(Transplant) here at -Jewish. Mayo will probably run many tests and it will seem overwhelming. It did for me. But with great docs and staff, they will access your problem and get you on the road to improvement. You have days of up and days of down that are part of the progress. Read, chat with other patients and care givers there at Mayo. They will become your support group locally. This group is wonderful, caring and a great place to vent at times. There are no stupid questions!!!! Also imform your family and friends of your progress be it either forward or backward. No one knows what we go through if they don't experience this. Its a life changer for sure!!! Remember to "keep the

faith and stay the course!" Wish you the best in the days to come. MO. Ipf 06-08, waiting the call!!!

My first post

Lynne ... welcome to our 'air family' as Peggy named us. I'm sorry you have to be here but this is the best place you can be. You'll find friendship, support and lots of answers to your questions.

Drs do things differently but usually, a first visit will include pfts (pulmonary function tests) a 6 min walk, blood work and perhaps x-rays and/or Cscans. Beyond that it's what YOUR dr wants to do. How lucky you are to be at Mayo...

Let us know the results.

Love,

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

My first post

Hi Lynne, Which Mayo are you going to Mn. or ville, Fl. I almost went to Jax. but Shands at UF was closer and have a very good pulmonary Department. I am glad you found us. Hate that you need us however. Come here often and ask questions, vent or whatever you need we're here for you. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Lynne ... welcome to our 'air family' as Peggy named us. I'm sorry you have to be here but this is the best place you can be.  You'll find friendship, support and lots of answers to your questions. Drs do things differently but usually, a first visit will include pfts (pulmonary function tests) a 6 min walk, blood work and perhaps x-rays and/or Cscans. Beyond that it's what YOUR dr wants to do.  How lucky you are to be at Mayo... Let us know the results.Love,MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  My first postHello,I just was diagnosed with interstitial lung diease. My friend suggested I join this group to learn first hand from others. I have a wonderful x-boss who's son is chief of pulmonology at mayo. So, off I go to Mayo for tests and probably more tests. Could you give me some idea what tests to expect other than the ordinary blood and x-rays?My x sister in law is traveling with me that week and will be a great source of comfort to me.As you probably noticed, my x's continue to be my dear caring friends.Thank you for letting me join your family for supportLynne