RemedySpot.com

a bit of a scare

Rate this topic

Guest guest

a scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought to go the er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, i asked them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo Dr. said not to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues and to see him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should have a scope to check things out.

has this ever happened to anybody else. cause for alarm??

ken

Hi Ken,

When I was going through my diagnosis process and my pulmo put me on Advair, I was coughing up a bunch of stuff in the am, and some through the day, and did have several times where there were spots of blood or pink, maybe 6 or 8 times. But as it started to dry up, no more pink, and the pulmo said to let him know if it came back and was more constant. Nothing now for weeks, and only the dry cough. I hope this helps.

Dale 67, NC, IPF 7/08, Mild, No 02

Ken, I did that one time. My Dr. said to keep a close eye . It was the first cold I had after DX and had a nasty cough. Hasn't happened again. Try not to worry. Do you have a bad cough? Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." a scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought to go the er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, i asked them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo Dr. said not to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues and to see him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should have a scope to check things out.has this ever happened to anybody else. cause for alarm?? ken

it could be a sign of Pulmonary Hemosiderosis. Gog to rare diseases.org and look it up. I was first diagnoised with Idiopathic PF then they found out I have Hemosiderosis too, which is bleeding in the lungs.

••••••••••••• Original Message •••••••••••••

a scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought to go the er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, i asked them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo Dr. said not to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues and to see him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should have a scope to check things out.

ken

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Ken

Any blood is cause for concern in my opinion...wherever it is coming

from. Could be as she described, could be esophagus or stomach. Just

need to get it checked for regardless.

>

> it could be a sign of Pulmonary Hemosiderosis. Gog to rare

diseases.org and

> look it up. I was first diagnoised with Idiopathic PF then they found

out I

> have Hemosiderosis too, which is bleeding in the lungs.

>

>

> ••••••••••••• Original

Message •••••••••••••

>

>

>

>

> a scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought to

go the

> er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, i

asked

> them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo Dr.

said not

> to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues and

to see

> him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should have

a scope

> to check things out.

> has this ever happened to anybody else. cause for alarm??

>

> ken

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> **************It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your

travel

> deal here.

> (http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047)

>

thank you all, i have an appointment with my pulmo doc. Tues. the 9th.

one thing iam going to ask for is i want to view my xray and ct scan images so that i know just what my lungs look like and what my prognosis is. i fell i need to know all about what is happening with my body. inside out and mentally.

tomorrow i'm off for a moose convention in palm springs. be back sun. afternoon.

ken

Re: a bit of a scare

KenAny blood is cause for concern in my opinion...wherever it is comingfrom. Could be as she described, could be esophagus or stomach. Justneed to get it checked for regardless.>> it could be a sign of Pulmonary Hemosiderosis. Gog to rarediseases.org and> look it up. I was first diagnoised with Idiopathic PF then they foundout I> have Hemosiderosis too, which is bleeding in the lungs.>>> ⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢ OriginalMessage ⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢>>>>> a

scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought togo the> er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, iasked> them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo Dr.said not> to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues andto see> him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should havea scope> to check things out.> has this ever happened to anybody else. cause for alarm??>> ken>>>>>>>> ************ **It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find yourtravel> deal here.> (http://information. travel.aol. com/deals? ncid=aoltrv00050 000000047)>

Ken

If you keep coughing up blood, do not wait until the 9th to see a doctor

about it.

> >

> > it could be a sign of Pulmonary Hemosiderosis. Gog to rare

> diseases.org and

> > look it up. I was first diagnoised with Idiopathic PF then they

found

> out I

> > have Hemosiderosis too, which is bleeding in the lungs.

> >

> >

> > ⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢ Original

> Message ⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢⤢

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > a scary day today, i coughed up some blood, not much, but enought to

> go the

> > er. i gave them my history of PF, they took exrays, found nothing, i

> asked

> > them to call my PCP and my Pulmo Dr. which they did and the Pulmo

Dr..

> said not

> > to be to concerned unless there's a lot of blood or if continues and

> to see

> > him next tues. for the regular checkup. the er dr. said i should

have

> a scope

> > to check things out.

> > has this ever happened to anybody else. cause for alarm??

> >

> > ken

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ************ **It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find

your

> travel

> > deal here.

> > (http://information. travel.aol. com/deals? ncid=aoltrv00050

000000047)

> >

>

hi peggy,

sorry for the long delay , but just got back a few hrs. ago from a moose convention at palm springs.

not much of a cough unless my lungs get irritated. what i think happened was that medication got stuck in the heitial herniey for so long that the irritation began to get so bad that i began to bleed. all seems to be better sence then and will be sure to relay info to my doc. tues.

thanks

ken

Re: a bit of a scareKen, I did that one time. My Dr. said to keep a close eye . It was the first cold I had after DX and had a nasty cough. Hasn't happened again. Try not to worry. Do you have a bad cough?

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

ken