RemedySpot.com

oximeter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Amy

stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. I did the same thing in the beginning. Now I can go for weeks without looking at it. Then other times, I check it multiple times a day. Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Pink Joyce

Perhaps you have far less fluctuation than I do, but based on mine I

would never recommend going weeks without looking at it. Mine fluctuates

from day to day based on how I feel, my allergies. It fluctuates even

more based on my activities.

>

> Amy

> stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. I

did the same thing in the beginning. Now I can go for weeks without

looking at it. Then other times, I check it multiple times a day.

>

> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

>

Pink... just what I do too. I can almost tell when my sats are getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok but I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh. lol

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

oximeter

Amy

stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. I did the same thing in the beginning. Now I can go for weeks without looking at it. Then other times, I check it multiple times a day. Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Sher, we do get to know our bodies and our breathing and when we need to increase O2.

I'm still curious about the increase in coughing when I change positions--

I understand bending over squooshes (spelling?) the lungs, but don't get the connection with lying down and standing up or sitting.Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Subject: Re: oximeterTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:59 PM

Pink... just what I do too. I can almost tell when my sats are getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok but I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh. lol

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

oximeter

Amy

Pink ... I don't know the connections either.

oximeter

Amy

Two possible explainations for the increase in coughing/decrease in

sat levels when lying down or standing up or sitting...

Any time that we change position - from standing to sitting, standing

to lying down, etc. we will generally bend at the waist. Trying

doing any of these movements without bending at all! So we bend, no

matter how slightly, and we put pressure on the diaphram, which

compressing the lungs and produces coughing. It also causes an

increased need for oxygen, so we unconciously breathe deeper and

harder.

We also use many different muscles to make even the slightest

movement. The increased muscle activity also requires additional

blood flow...both to get oxygen to the muscles, and to take away the

lactic acid that builds up when we use muscles, along with the CO2.

Again, these also cause deeper breathing, which can lead to coughing.

Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/07

57 NH

>

>

> Subject: Re: oximeter

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:59 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Pink... just what I do too.  I can almost tell when my sats are

getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok but

I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh. lol

>  

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.  

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

>

> oximeter

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Amy

> stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. 

I did the same thing in the beginning.  Now I can go for weeks

without looking at it.  Then other times, I check it multiple times a

day. 

>

> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennslvania

>

steve, according to my nurse sister-in-law you are right. Also i have extra weight or should i say fat around my waist which when moving also pushes up into the diaphram which causes coughing.

sharon p ph 2008

Subject: Re: oximeterTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 9:15 AM

Two possible explainations for the increase in coughing/decrease in sat levels when lying down or standing up or sitting...Any time that we change position - from standing to sitting, standing to lying down, etc. we will generally bend at the waist. Trying doing any of these movements without bending at all! So we bend, no matter how slightly, and we put pressure on the diaphram, which compressing the lungs and produces coughing. It also causes an increased need for oxygen, so we unconciously breathe deeper and harder.We also use many different muscles to make even the slightest movement. The increased muscle activity also requires additional blood flow...both to get oxygen to the muscles, and to take away the lactic acid that builds up when we use muscles, along with the CO2. Again, these also cause deeper breathing, which can lead to coughing.Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via

VATS 12/0757 NH> > > Subject: Re: oximeter> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, September 3,

2008, 12:59 PM> > > > > > > > Pink... just what I do too. I can almost tell when my sats are getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok but I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh. lol> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > oximeter> > > > > > > > > Amy> stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. I did the same thing in the beginning. Now I can go for weeks without looking at it. Then other times,

I check it multiple times a day. > > Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania>

Steve

thanks for a logical explanationPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Subject: Re: oximeterTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 10:15 AM

Two possible explainations for the increase in coughing/decrease in sat levels when lying down or standing up or sitting...Any time that we change position - from standing to sitting, standing to lying down, etc. we will generally bend at the waist. Trying doing any of these movements without bending at all! So we bend, no matter how slightly, and we put pressure on the diaphram, which compressing the lungs and produces coughing. It also causes an increased need for oxygen, so we unconciously breathe deeper and harder.We also use many different muscles to make even the slightest movement. The increased muscle activity also requires additional blood flow...both to get oxygen to the muscles, and to take away the lactic acid that builds up when we use muscles, along with the CO2. Again, these also cause deeper breathing, which can lead to coughing.Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via

VATS 12/0757 NH> > > Subject: Re: oximeter> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, September 3,

2008, 12:59 PM> > > > > > > > Pink... just what I do too. I can almost tell when my sats are getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok but I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh. lol> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > oximeter> > > > > > > > > Amy> stop wearing the oximeter, take it out when you think you need it. I did the same thing in the beginning. Now I can go for weeks without looking at it. Then other times,

I check it multiple times a day. > > Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania>

Thanks Pink Joyce,

I'm just surprised that I actually remember stuff I learned in my

college anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology classes!!! :)

Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/07

57 NH

> >

> > From: Sher Bauman <bofus@>

> > Subject: Re: oximeter

> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:59 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Pink... just what I do too.  I can almost tell when my sats are

> getting low by my breathing. Sometimes when I check, sats are ok

but

> I'm still SOB. Dr says I'm SOB because I have a lung disease! Oh.

lol

> >  

> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.  

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> >

> > oximeter

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Amy