RemedySpot.com

Pulmo called this morning with new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

instructions for me and the way I have been feeling since dropping to

10mg. pred. Says to go back up to 15 and stay there for a while. My

body is not responding well at all on 10mg. Said to call him in about

3 weeks. Said to give it that time to make things better for me. It

may be better, may not, but we will try.

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU

IPF - 02

ML

I would say most people cannot successfully drop from 20 to 10. Now if

you still experience the problems at 15, tell him. You could even need

17.5 for a while or back to 20 and then back slowly down. Everyone's

body reacts differently.

>

> instructions for me and the way I have been feeling since dropping to

> 10mg. pred. Says to go back up to 15 and stay there for a while. My

> body is not responding well at all on 10mg. Said to call him in about

> 3 weeks. Said to give it that time to make things better for me. It

> may be better, may not, but we will try.

>

> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> MARY LOU

> IPF - 02

>

I have been weaning off prednisone as well but very quickly compared to everyone else. I went from 30 to 20mg. immediately and have dropped 5 mg every week. As of tomorrow, I will be down to 5 mg. According to my doc, that is the time you may experience problems. Our bodies produce 7.5 mg of cortisol on it's own. When we take the prednisone, it is introduced into the body artificially so the adrenal gland stops producing the cortisol. When we stop the prednisone and get below the 7.5 mg, the adrenal gland should kick in and start producing again (at least that is the way it was explained to me). I have had no side effects at all yet but I only took the pred for 4 months. It may be much more difficult for someone who has been on it for a long period of time.

I should mention, as well, that I had the opportunity last Saturday to spend a couple of hours with Jack. We had a lovely visit and he is just as wonderful in person as he is on paper.

Also, they will have to pry my oximeter out of my cold, dead hand. I never leave home without it and find it a very valuable assessment tool. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Pulmo called this morning with new

MLI would say most people cannot successfully drop from 20 to 10. Now ifyou still experience the problems at 15, tell him. You could even need17.5 for a while or back to 20 and then back slowly down. Everyone'sbody reacts differently.>> instructions for me and the way I have been feeling since dropping to> 10mg. pred. Says to go back up to 15 and stay there for a while. My> body is not responding well at all on 10mg. Said to call him in about> 3 weeks. Said to give it that time to make things better for me. It> may be better, may not, but we will try.>> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU> IPF -

02>

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Hang on Sloupy, Sloupy hang on... Lou. I wish you were feeling better!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Pulmo called this morning with new

instructions for me and the way I have been feeling since dropping to 10mg. pred. Says to go back up to 15 and stay there for a while. My body is not responding well at all on 10mg. Said to call him in about 3 weeks. Said to give it that time to make things better for me. It may be better, may not, but we will try.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02