RemedySpot.com

Re: [Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sher, Since you have so much trouble setting your settings I thought I would ask if you have had a problem setting the width of your posts. All of a sudden this thing has changed all sorts of things. I wanted to see if I have it fixed. So let me know if it runs off to the right side. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Joan...from me personally, Go LINCARE!I had Apria for a long while and wondered why I didn't leave them sooner.  I think it's tantamount to abuse for a O2 provider to refuse to attach your O2!!I have a cpap and it's extremely easy to do but you need the little "attachment" that goes from one to the other.Lincare is available most anyplace and if they are not they simply call another provider. At least this is my personal experience.Good luckMamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  Help...O2 Problems???Hi all -Here I go again...:>(I signed up with Apria as the provider for my oxygen a couple of weeks ago. They wouldn't attach it to my CPAP (from a different provider in NC) even though I have the valve/connector to do so.I'm woefully non-technical and with my poor vision...more so. I've tried repeatedly, with both M6 tanks that they brought to fill using the Invacare room O2 concentrator fill. After filling, I turn the valve to close and then set the cannister aside until I need to go out. Whenever I check later, the needle indicates EMPTY. I've even asked my friend and my s-i-l to do this and have the same result (but they didn't stay until it was finished...so I guess I was still trying to close the valve. I called Apria, but they weren't much help. I understand that if I can get Apria to send me the certificate of medical necessity from my doctor, that I can switch to Lincare (I need a provider available on both west coast and east coast).Any suggestions, answers, etc.???Joan M CA & NC, IPF 04/08 

Peggy... everything looks ok on my end.

(well if I wear the right size it does... lol)

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

� Help...O2 Problems???

Hi all -Here I go again...:>(I signed up with Apria as the provider for my oxygen a couple of�weeks ago. They wouldn't attach it to my CPAP (from a different�provider in NC) even though I have the valve/connector to do so.I'm woefully non-technical and with my poor vision...more so. I've�tried repeatedly, with both M6 tanks that they brought to fill using�the Invacare room O2 concentrator fill. After filling, I turn the�valve to close and then set the cannister aside until I need to go�out. Whenever I check later, the needle indicates EMPTY.�I've even asked my friend and my s-i-l to do this and have the same�result (but they didn't stay until it was finished...so I guess I was�still trying to close the valve. I called Apria, but they weren't�much help. I understand that if I can get Apria to send me the�certificate of medical necessity from my doctor, that I can switch to�Lincare (I need a provider available on both west coast and east�coast).Any suggestions, answers, etc.???Joan M CA & NC, IPF 04/08�

LOL LOL LOL HAA HAAA Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Peggy...  everything looks ok on my end.(well if I wear the right size it does...  lol)  MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!� Help...O2 Problems???Hi all -Here I go again...:>(I signed up with Apria as the provider for my oxygen a couple of�weeks ago. They wouldn't attach it to my CPAP (from a different�provider in NC) even though I have the valve/connector to do so.I'm woefully non-technical and with my poor vision...more so. I've�tried repeatedly, with both M6 tanks that they brought to fill using�the Invacare room O2 concentrator fill. After filling, I turn the�valve to close and then set the cannister aside until I need to go�out. Whenever I check later, the needle indicates EMPTY.�I've even asked my friend and my s-i-l to do this and have the same�result (but they didn't stay until it was finished...so I guess I was�still trying to close the valve. I called Apria, but they weren't�much help. I understand that if I can get Apria to send me the�certificate of medical necessity from my doctor, that I can switch to�Lincare (I need a provider available on both west coast and east�coast).Any suggestions, answers, etc.???Joan M CA & NC, IPF 04/08�

Peggy--Sher

the width of posts that i am reading are extra wide, running off of the sidePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Joan...from me personally, Go LINCARE!

I had Apria for a long while and wondered why I didn't leave them sooner. I think it's tantamount to abuse for a O2 provider to refuse to attach your O2!!

I have a cpap and it's extremely easy to do but you need the little "attachment" that goes from one to the other.

Lincare is available most anyplace and if they are not they simply call another provider. At least this is my personal experience.

Good luck

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Help...O2 Problems???

Hi all -Here I go again...:>(I signed up with Apria as the provider for my oxygen a couple of weeks ago. They wouldn't attach it to my CPAP (from a different provider in NC) even though I have the valve/connector to do so.I'm woefully non-technical and with my poor vision...more so. I've tried repeatedly, with both M6 tanks that they brought to fill using the Invacare room O2 concentrator fill. After filling, I turn the valve to close and then set the cannister aside until I need to go out. Whenever I check later, the needle indicates EMPTY. I've even asked my friend and my s-i-l to do this and have the same result (but they didn't stay until it was finished...so I guess I was still trying to close the valve. I called Apria, but they weren't much help. I understand that if I can get Apria to send me the certificate of medical necessity from my doctor, that I can switch to Lincare (I need a provider available on both west coast and east coast).Any suggestions, answers, etc.???Joan M CA & NC, IPF 04/08

I am so sorry, I hate that. I'll have to check with my help menu.. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Peggy--Sher the width of posts that i am reading are extra wide, running off of the sidePink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennslvania Joan...from me personally, Go LINCARE! I had Apria for a long while and wondered why I didn't leave them sooner.  I think it's tantamount to abuse for a O2 provider to refuse to attach your O2!! I have a cpap and it's extremely easy to do but you need the little "attachment" that goes from one to the other. Lincare is available most anyplace and if they are not they simply call another provider. At least this is my personal experience. Good luck MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!   Help...O2 Problems??? Hi all -Here I go again...:>(I signed up with Apria as the provider for my oxygen a couple of weeks ago. They wouldn't attach it to my CPAP (from a different provider in NC) even though I have the valve/connector to do so.I'm woefully non-technical and with my poor vision...more so. I've tried repeatedly, with both M6 tanks that they brought to fill using the Invacare room O2 concentrator fill. After filling, I turn the valve to close and then set the cannister aside until I need to go out. Whenever I check later, the needle indicates EMPTY. I've even asked my friend and my s-i-l to do this and have the same result (but they didn't stay until it was finished...so I guess I was still trying to close the valve. I called Apria, but they weren't much help. I understand that if I can get Apria to send me the certificate of medical necessity from my doctor, that I can switch to Lincare (I need a provider available on both west coast and east coast).Any suggestions, answers, etc.???Joan M CA & NC, IPF 04/08 

• 2 months later...

Hi Sher, haven't chatted with you for a while but I have kept up with your posts. I have two more days of Leviquin to go and hopefully I'll be done with this inconvenience. I stayed home from Church this AM to give my body time to get rid of this cold or whatever it is. so many people have this bug right now. I feel very odd not being in Church.LOL  My best friend and took me out yesterday for 3 to 4 hours and oh it was so wonderful. Of corse they had to push me but we had a ball. went to 3 or 4 stores justLOOKING.. Wow how I miss just going, going, going. They were both pooped by the time we got back.. I had to use quite a bit of 02 I guess because of all the talking and laughing. I was still so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until around 2AM.. lol  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Hi Peggy ... thanks for the note. It does sound like you had a good outing. Good for the soul huh.

I've had a rough few days. In ER once and then Rich took me back the next day (yesterday). I've been having sudden onsets of a "10" pain in my gut. Lasts about 15-20 minutes and then subsides. No other side effects. I've had 3 now in 4 days.

Anyway, x-rays, scan, labs show nothing amiss. How can I have such horrid pain and there be no evident reason! Ohhhh I don't want another. I'm almost afraid to eat anything but I'm staying bland at any rate.

I'm within days of being totally off the pain meds! HURRAH FOR SHER! first time in 20 w/o pain meds. I can't imagine this being any part of withdrawal...Dr has weaned me down very slowly...I've had some withdrawal and not very pleasant but I was hoping it's past now.

I'm still crocheting. Time is running out now so that will be my activity for the day.

Thanks again for ringing my doorbell!

Love ya girlfriend.

Re: [sher

Hi Sher, haven't chatted with you for a while but I have kept up with your posts. I have two more days of Leviquin to go and hopefully I'll be done with this�inconvenience. I stayed home from Church this AM to give my body time to get rid of this cold or whatever it is. so many people have this bug right now. I feel very odd not being in Church.

LOL �My best friend and took me out yesterday for�

3 to 4 hours and oh it was so wonderful. Of corse they had to push me but we had a ball. went to 3 or 4 stores just

LOOKING.. Wow how I miss just going, going, going. They were both pooped by the time we got back..�

I had to use quite a bit of 02 I guess because of all the talking and laughing.�

I was still so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until around 2AM.. lol�

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like thatjust puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take nothing for an extended time. Well, antibiotics I dotake for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send whatever I need to the house.. true. I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now anyway.You take care and let your body catch up with you..  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Mama-Sher, Hope your pain subsides. Have you always had this gut pain all these years? To me that is the worse pain ever! I am praying right now for it to go away!

Peggy Hope you are resting well today. I started a Z-pack on Friday and will finish it on Tuesday. Miraculously, I was better yesterday and I was so shocked. I am thankful. I know I had some fever on Friday but I dozed off and on all day long and wore it out.

Toodles to both of you!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Hi Peggy ... thanks for the note. It does sound like you had a good outing. Good for the soul huh.> I've had a rough few days. In ER once and then Rich took me back the next day (yesterday). I've been having sudden onsets of a "10" pain in my gut. Lasts about 15-20 minutes and then subsides. No other side effects. I've had 3 now in 4 days.> Anyway, x-rays, scan, labs show nothing amiss. How can I have such horrid pain and there be no evident reason! Ohhhh I don't want another. I'm almost afraid to eat anything but I'm staying bland at any rate.> I'm within days of being totally off the pain meds! HURRAH FOR SHER! first time in 20 w/o pain meds. I can't imagine this being any part of withdrawal...Dr has weaned me down very slowly...I've had some withdrawal and not very pleasant but I was hoping it's past now.> I'm still crocheting. Time is running out now so that will be my activity for the day.> Thanks again for ringing my doorbell!> Love ya girlfriend.> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Re: [sher> > > Hi Sher, haven't chatted with you for a while but I have kept up with your posts. I have two more days of Leviquin to go and hopefully I'll be done with this�inconvenience. I stayed home from Church this AM to give my body time to get rid of this cold or whatever it is. so many people have this bug right now. I feel very odd not being in Church.> LOL �My best friend and took me out yesterday for�> 3 to 4 hours and oh it was so wonderful. Of corse they had to push me but we had a ball. went to 3 or 4 stores just> LOOKING.. Wow how I miss just going, going, going. They were both pooped by the time we got back..�> I had to use quite a bit of 02 I guess because of all the talking and laughing.�> > > I was still so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until around 2AM.. lol�> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004> > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�> when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�>

-sher

take care of you; sorry to hear. In prayers.have to laugh my

granddaughter,Torie, asked me to teach her to crochet.. she got to

frustrated as i..we just gave up now. she did learn to stitch her

cat though. patti

-- In Breathe-Support , " Sher Bauman "

wrote:

>

> Hi Peggy ... thanks for the note. It does sound like you had a

good outing. Good for the soul huh.

> I've had a rough few days. In ER once and then Rich took me back

the next day (yesterday). I've been having sudden onsets of a " 10 "

pain in my gut. Lasts about 15-20 minutes and then subsides. No

other side effects. I've had 3 now in 4 days.

> Anyway, x-rays, scan, labs show nothing amiss. How can I have such

horrid pain and there be no evident reason! Ohhhh I don't want

another. I'm almost afraid to eat anything but I'm staying bland at

any rate.

> I'm within days of being totally off the pain meds! HURRAH FOR

SHER! first time in 20 w/o pain meds. I can't imagine this being

any part of withdrawal...Dr has weaned me down very slowly...I've

had some withdrawal and not very pleasant but I was hoping it's past

now.

> I'm still crocheting. Time is running out now so that will be my

activity for the day.

> Thanks again for ringing my doorbell!

> Love ya girlfriend.

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Re: [sher

>

>

> Hi Sher, haven't chatted with you for a while but I have kept up

with your posts. I have two more days of Leviquin to go and

hopefully I'll be done with this�inconvenience. I stayed home from

Church this AM to give my body time to get rid of this cold or

whatever it is. so many people have this bug right now. I feel very

odd not being in Church.

> LOL �My best friend and took me out yesterday for�

> 3 to 4 hours and oh it was so wonderful. Of corse they had to

push me but we had a ball. went to 3 or 4 stores just

> LOOKING.. Wow how I miss just going, going, going. They were

both pooped by the time we got back..�

> I had to use quite a bit of 02 I guess because of all the

talking and laughing.�

>

>

> I was still so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until around

2AM.. lol�

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

>

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our

feet,�

> when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

>

Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a bit and of course has to check the board!

I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times, good for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek comfort and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had enough pain!

In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait it out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist tomorrow...

Re: Re: [sher

Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send whatever I need to the house.. true.�

I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now anyway.

You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Jane ... 15 years ago I had this pain over a period of 8 months. Drs could not find reason. Turned out to be a stone that was lodged in the bile duct and couldn't get out.

This feels the same, but I've had x-rays, and scans and nothing shows.

Glad to hear your fever has gone on...

Re: [sher> > > Hi Sher, haven't chatted with you for a while but I have kept up with your posts. I have two more days of Leviquin to go and hopefully I'll be done with this�inconvenience. I stayed home from Church this AM to give my body time to get rid of this cold or whatever it is. so many people have this bug right now. I feel very odd not being in Church.> LOL �My best friend and took me out yesterday for�> 3 to 4 hours and oh it was so wonderful. Of corse they had to push me but we had a ball. went to 3 or 4 stores just> LOOKING.. Wow how I miss just going, going, going. They were both pooped by the time we got back..�> I had to use quite a bit of 02 I guess because of all the talking and laughing.�> > > I was still so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until around 2AM.. lol�> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004> > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�> when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�>

Sher

pray you are feeling better today; old good remedy that: HOMEMADE

CHICKEN SOUP>>>> patti

>

> Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a bit

and of course has to check the board!

> I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

>

> Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times, good

for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek comfort

and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had enough

pain!

> In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait it

out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist tomorrow...

>

> Nasturtiums

>

> Re: Re: [sher

>

>

> Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

whatever I need to the house.. true.�

>

>

> I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was

put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

anyway.

> You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

>

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

>

>

feet,�

>

Thanks Patti ... today I see my pulmo and I'm most anxious. My breathing has definitely changed.

Stomach pain as subsided. The Ativan must have helped...still feeling "sick". May be a touch of the flu.

Re: Re: [sher> > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that> just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do> take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.> I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send whatever I need to the house.. true.�> > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now anyway.> You take care and let your body catch up with you..�> > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004> > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�> when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�>

Sher

Glad you're seeing the doctor today. A touch of flu or anything isn't

something to mess with and would certainly change breathing adversely on

top of any other changes. Take care of yourself.

Certainly glad the stomach pain has subsided.

> >

> > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a bit

> and of course has to check the board!

> > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> >

> > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times, good

> for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek comfort

> and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had enough

> pain!

> > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait it

> out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist tomorrow...

> >

> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Re: Re: [sher

> >

> >

> > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

> or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

> nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

> nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

> whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> >

> >

> > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was

> put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

> anyway.

> > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> >

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our

> feet,�

> > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

> >

>

Thanks Bruce ... what's aggravating is nothing shows on x-rays or scans. Pain that severe has to have a reason. I'm being extremely careful about what I eat!

Hope you're ok this day friend.

Re: Re: [sher> >> >> > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC> or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that> > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take> nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do> > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take> nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.> > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send> whatever I need to the house.. true.�> >> >> > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side> effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was> put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now> anyway.> > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�> >> >> >> > Love & Prayers, Peggy> > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004> >> >> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our> feet,�> > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�> >>

Sher ,

So sad to hear about your pain. how are you today, i hope it

subsides.

Geeta

In Breathe-Support , " Sher Bauman " wrote:

>

> Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a bit

and of course has to check the board!

> I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

>

> Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times, good

for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek comfort

and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had enough

pain!

> In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait it

out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist tomorrow...

>

> Nasturtiums

>

> Re: Re: [sher

>

>

> Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

whatever I need to the house.. true.�

>

>

> I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was

put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

anyway.

> You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

>

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

>

>

feet,�

>

Hi Geeta ... I just know you are loving that baby!

The pain is mostly gone but the residual is still uncomfortable.

Something going on in my gut...I'm taking it easy and watching what I eat. Dr gave me some meds and they are helping...

Love ya.

Re: Re: [sher> > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that> just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do> take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.> I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send whatever I need to the house.. true.�> > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I was put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now anyway.> You take care and let your body catch up with you..�> > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004> > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�> when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�>

hi Sher

how did you make out today with the Pulmo...

i don't know about everyone else but when there is a sudden change

in weather i really get zapped. I call ativan the wonder drug; it's

good for almost every symptom you can think of. Definitely need to

take care of you.. Flu season started early this year. did you get

the flu shot, when and do you take it full strength. I have found

over the years that i need to take 1/2 strength guy at temple

doesn't agree. Someone i worked with brought to my attention that 1-

2 weeks after getting the flu shot at my job i was down almost 2

weeks. the following year took 1/2 and was okay.. Last year he

stayed in the room and told the nurse to get the vaccine and with

everything else going on i ended up down. Someone else i know that

doesnt have lung problems has the same issue. Some people just

sensitive to meds..

too wordy, i am sorry. please let me know how you made out and what

is going on.. always in my prayers. patti

> >

> > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a

bit

> and of course has to check the board!

> > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> >

> > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

good

> for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

comfort

> and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

enough

> pain!

> > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait

it

> out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

tomorrow...

> >

> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Re: Re: [sher

> >

> >

> > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

> or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

> nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

> nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

> whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> >

> >

> > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

was

> put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

> anyway.

> > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> >

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our

> feet,�

> > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

> >

>

> > >

> > > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a

> bit

> > and of course has to check the board!

> > > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> > >

> > > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

> good

> > for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

> comfort

> > and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

> enough

> > pain!

> > > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait

> it

> > out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

> tomorrow...

> > >

> > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > Nasturtiums

> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > >

> > > Re: Re: [sher

> > >

> > >

> > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

> > or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

> > nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

> > nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

> > whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> > >

> > >

> > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> > effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

> was

> > put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

> > anyway.

> > > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> > >

> > >

> > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our

> > feet,�

> > > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

> > >

> >

>

Patti

I'll try again.....having a struggle. Got a blank post and sent a

private post public. Oh well.

Now, as if enough subjects weren't complicated, we have a new one. The

doctors are debating the effectiveness of the flu shot on those over a

certain age. While some have trouble with the shot, as you say you do,

many are now being given two shots (full dosages each) about two weeks

apart. Then I saw a news special where they had given older patients a

dosage four times the normal dosage and felt that was better.

As for me, I'm just sticking to my one normal shot until something more

convincing surfaces. I never had a shot before last year but figure now

with this diagnosis it was time for me to wise up.

> > > >

> > > > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move around a

> > bit

> > > and of course has to check the board!

> > > > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> > > >

> > > > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

> > good

> > > for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

> > comfort

> > > and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

> > enough

> > > pain!

> > > > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but wait

> > it

> > > out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

> > tomorrow...

> > > >

> > > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > > Nasturtiums

> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > >

> > > > Re: Re: [sher

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from NAC

> > > or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > > > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I take

> > > nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > > > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I take

> > > nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > > > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to send

> > > whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> > > effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

> > was

> > > put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for now

> > > anyway.

> > > > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > > > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our

> > > feet,�

> > > > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

sher

so sorry. Am very happy you are stable and love all the comedians.

I too love horses but could never afford one. Rode one got thrown

and got right back on.. HAPPY TRAILS>> thanks for the info. patti

> > > > >

> > > > > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move

around a

> > > bit

> > > > and of course has to check the board!

> > > > > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

> > > good

> > > > for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

> > > comfort

> > > > and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

> > > enough

> > > > pain!

> > > > > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but

wait

> > > it

> > > > out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

> > > tomorrow...

> > > > >

> > > > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > > > Nasturtiums

> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > > >

> > > > > Re: Re: [sher

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from

NAC

> > > > or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > > > > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I

take

> > > > nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > > > > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I

take

> > > > nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > > > > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to

send

> > > > whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> > > > effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

> > > was

> > > > put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for

now

> > > > anyway.

> > > > > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > > > > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to

our

> > > > feet,�

> > > > > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly. " �

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Patti

We went on trail rides in the NC mountains a couple of time. Always

trained horses and a guy leading us. I had no problem except once my

horse tripped and so was suddenly flat on the ground but I just stayed

there and he got right back up. However, my mother would let her horse

stop to eat leaves and things. Then it would look up and see it was

behind and take off at higher speed to catch up. When you're on a

mountain trail where the sides fall off to the middle of nowhere that

could be just a bit scary.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move

> around a

> > > > bit

> > > > > and of course has to check the board!

> > > > > > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

> > > > good

> > > > > for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

> > > > comfort

> > > > > and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

> > > > enough

> > > > > pain!

> > > > > > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but

> wait

> > > > it

> > > > > out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

> > > > tomorrow...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > > > > Nasturtiums

> > > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Re: Re: [sher

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from

> NAC

> > > > > or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > > > > > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I

> take

> > > > > nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > > > > > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I

> take

> > > > > nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > > > > > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to

> send

> > > > > whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> > > > > effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

> > > > was

> > > > > put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for

> now

> > > > > anyway.

> > > > > > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > > > > > Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to

> our

> > > > > feet,�

> > > > > > when our wings�have trouble remembering how to

fly. " �

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Bruce, My best friend that was just here for the week-end used to be my shopping, city living friend married a guy that wanted to move out in the county so they did. Bought 12 acres, built them a barn and they started riding horses. That was about 16 or 17 years ago.. now she has 5. She is teaching my 13 year old to ride and she is justloves it. They ride with the Sheriffs posse. Just unbelievable to see girlie turn into Dale ..lolI have threatened her life if jumps. she did a jump last week small but a jump.. Don't think she will let her do it again. Emmy is such a tom boy.. Her dream of having a horse really came true. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Good Morning guys

now i am getting alittle confused. Never did this before and thought

i was going to get it.. Bruce it was you that sent the message about

the flu shot.. thanks

also, having trouble getting the info Leanne wrote about.. guess i

am going to need to ask for help on that one..

Have a great day.. Feels like a great one; especially with my new

found friends if you don't mind me calling you guys that so early.

But you guys have helped me even more than you can imagine; even my

docs can't give me the answers that yu have helped put in

perspective. Not one to do just what you tell me without

understanding.. Beth thanks so much; and a brighter week and

feeling sooooo much better. Have so much homework to do with all the

info you guys give out.. with the tanks etc.. Well, everyone keep

trucking and have a great blessed day. patti

> > > > >

> > > > > Well for today I've been in bed. Just got up to move

around a

> > > bit

> > > > and of course has to check the board!

> > > > > I may have a touch of the flu...who knows.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh Peggy, if you can hold out during the really hard times,

> > > good

> > > > for you and God help ya do it. Not me, not any more. I seek

> > > comfort

> > > > and resolution as quickly as I can. My poor old body has had

> > > enough

> > > > pain!

> > > > > In this current situation, there is nothing I can do but

wait

> > > it

> > > > out, whatever it is. I'll talk to my gastroenterologist

> > > tomorrow...

> > > > >

> > > > > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > > > Nasturtiums

> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > > >

> > > > > Re: Re: [sher

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sher, I go through the intense pain at times. Mine is from

NAC

> > > > or tessalon pearls. Seems like any meds like that

> > > > > just puts me in the bathroom and in terrible pain. So I

take

> > > > nothing for an extended time. Well,�antibiotics�I do

> > > > > take for whatever time is called for. Other that that I

take

> > > > nothingggggg. My 02 is it.. I have told my Dr.

> > > > > I am never going to the hosp. so she better be ready to

send

> > > > whatever I need to the house.. true.�

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am so sorry you are having the pain. I too hate the side

> > > > effects. When my fibromylgia was so bad I could hardly walk I

> > > was

> > > > put on sooo much. I don't think I want any again.. not for

now

> > > > anyway.

> > > > > You take care and let your body catch up with you..�