I sent a 'general' email earlier saying that there was a problem with

the dial that shows whether the cylinder is full or empty. A good

thwack with my finger sometimes causes it to display properly. I

will be changing out these cylinders next week. They were delivered

to me by Apria.

And from what I understand, Medicare will not cover the Respironics

EverGo, but they will cover the Helios Marathon (which I think Bruce

said he uses)...I'd appreciate input from anyone who uses one of

these about what is 'pro' or 'con' about the systems.

>

> I just happen to have the invacare brochure right here.  Recently i

was looking into other systems.  The man at the medical supply

showroom said that it works very well.  Of course i am skeptical. 

The nice thing about it, is that it doesn't freeze like with the

Helios. 

>  

> The tanks for the invacare homefill are specially made for that

system. 

>  

> My suggestion is that you go right into the Invacare web site and

read about it from them.

> You can go into almost any web site [Helios, Inogen, etc] and get

info directly from the manufacturer.  Then you would need to find a

supplier in your area, if you want that equipment. 

>  

> Of course, the local supplier should check the equipment to make

sure it is working correctly.  They should even show you how to use

it correctly.

>  

> With all of my research, i am still using the Helios.

>

> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennslvania

>

Hi Joyce -

I sent a 'general' email earlier saying that there was a problem with

the dial that shows whether the cylinder is full or empty. A good

thwack with my finger sometimes causes it to display properly. I

will be changing out these cylinders next week. They were delivered

to me by Apria.

And from what I understand, Medicare will not cover the Respironics

EverGo, but they will cover the Helios Marathon (which I think Bruce

said he uses)...I'd appreciate input from anyone who uses one of

these about what is 'pro' or 'con' about the systems.

>

> I just happen to have the invacare brochure right here.  Recently i

was looking into other systems.  The man at the medical supply

showroom said that it works very well.  Of course i am skeptical. 

The nice thing about it, is that it doesn't freeze like with the

Helios. 

>  

> The tanks for the invacare homefill are specially made for that

system. 

>  

> My suggestion is that you go right into the Invacare web site and

read about it from them.

> You can go into almost any web site [Helios, Inogen, etc] and get

info directly from the manufacturer.  Then you would need to find a

supplier in your area, if you want that equipment. 

>  

> Of course, the local supplier should check the equipment to make

sure it is working correctly.  They should even show you how to use

it correctly.

>  

> With all of my research, i am still using the Helios.

>

> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennslvania

>

Joan I've used the Helios Marathon from the beginning. Have faith in them except they tend to frost up quickly, so carry them away from your body parts! HA! Medicare pays the bills even when I moved to St. Louis, never a problem!! Wish you the best in your decision. MO IPF 06-08 awaiting transplant

Re: Invacare home filling system...Joyce

Hi Joyce -I sent a 'general' email earlier saying that there was a problem with the dial that shows whether the cylinder is full or empty. A good thwack with my finger sometimes causes it to display properly. I will be changing out these cylinders next week. They were delivered to me by Apria.And from what I understand, Medicare will not cover the Respironics EverGo, but they will cover the Helios Marathon (which I think Bruce said he uses)...I'd appreciate input from anyone who uses one of these about what is 'pro' or 'con' about the systems.>> I just happen to have the invacare brochure right here. Recently i was looking into other systems. The

man at the medical supply showroom said that it works very well. Of course i am skeptical. The nice thing about it, is that it doesn't freeze like with the Helios. > > The tanks for the invacare homefill are specially made for that system. > > My suggestion is that you go right into the Invacare web site and read about it from them.> You can go into almost any web site [Helios, Inogen, etc] and get info directly from the manufacturer. Then you would need to find a supplier in your area, if you want that equipment. > > Of course, the local supplier should check the equipment to make sure it is working correctly. They should even show you how to use it correctly.> > With all of my research, i am still using the Helios.> > Pink Joyce IPF

3/06 Pennslvania>

Joan

The Evergo is one of the ever expanding groups of portable concentrators. There are the Inogen One, Sequal Eclipse, Respironics Evergo, Invacare XP 02, and Airsep.

They all have the advantage of being portable and rechargeable. They are all a bit too heavy to carry so used on a cart. They are all very expensive. Many oxygen suppliers will loan one for a trip but most will not supply one for regular use. Except for the Eclipse they all are pulse only and so can not be used for sleep. Here is a site that shows considerable detail in terms of weight and battery life on each of them for comparative purposes.

http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/portable_concentrator_index.html

These units can be very handy. You do need to plan for recharges and understand they aren't something you're going to pick up and carry on your shoulder with the extra batteries. They are approved for air travel and accomodated on most airlines with advance planning. Depending on the unit, their maximum flow is 5 to 6 lpm. Jane uses the Evergo and it does quite well for her as I've seen her in action and seen the practical solutions as Eddie plugged her in for recharge at Ben and Jerry's while we all enjoyed some ice cream.

Now, not for portable use, but just as an aside for travel, let me note that there are now some concentrators themselves down in the 30 pound range so quite easy to take along on a trip if you're driving.

The Helios and Caire Liquid Portables are an entirely different world. They require a reservoir to be refilled. While they are lighter and can be carried on your shoulder, backpack, waistpack, or cart, they are not rechargeable or usable for air travel. The Entry models of each have only one continuous but multiple demand settings. The midlevel models such as the Marathon have multiple continuous and demand. The bigger and less easily carried units such as the Companion1000 are continuous only. There is also the Companion1000T which is for higher liter flow.

> >> > I just happen to have the invacare brochure right here. Recently i > was looking into other systems. The man at the medical supply > showroom said that it works very well. Of course i am skeptical. > The nice thing about it, is that it doesn't freeze like with the > Helios. > > > > The tanks for the invacare homefill are specially made for that > system. > > > > My suggestion is that you go right into the Invacare web site and > read about it from them.> > You can go into almost any web site [Helios, Inogen, etc] and get > info directly from the manufacturer. Then you would need to find a > supplier in your area, if you want that equipment. > > > > Of course, the local supplier should check the equipment to make > sure it is working correctly. They should even show you how to use > it correctly.> > > > With all of my research, i am still using the Helios.> > > > Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania> >>