RemedySpot.com

Re: Beth---HOLD ON.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peggy and anyone else who's wondering,

It's been blowing and raining hard here since between 2 and 3am. We've had about 5 inches of rain and I think the winds topped out at about 50mph. The sky is brightening as I'm typing this though it's still blowing and raining some. We never lost power so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I admit I didn't sleep well last night. I think I was very aware of the potential for the power going out and the need to switch over from my concentrator to the giant tank if that happened. It's a good excuse to hang out and do pretty much nothin today. Which is exactly what I was planning anyway!!

Don't worry, I'm fine. Even in the worst case scenario. Power out for more than a day or two and I'm down to my last couple of D tanks. In that case, I put my concentrator and a suitcase in my car, drive over to Duke (about 10 minutes away), meet my sister and I get plugged in, in her office and stay there for the duration of the power outage. Duke Medical Center has it's own power plant and will always have power. So that's my fail-safe. It's a good feeling to have that security.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Beth---HOLD ON.Hi you, Have you gotten a lot of wind yet? Looks like it may be on top of you or very close.

I think Ike will be our problem. Please stay in touch.

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."