RemedySpot.com

Re: Tom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tom, Once I began using 02 24/7 my Dr. told me to sleep at 2L because when we sleep we are relaxed breathe a lot more shallow that when we're awake so our saturation drops. Anytime your saturation goes below 90 for more that 4 or 5 min. your body suffers. My brain can not afford it. It is so very important for us to keep it above 90.I am glad you are enjoying your oximeter. My husband checks his quite frequently.I get tickled when he tells me he's down to 94 or 95. Good luck on the lemonade / 02 checking stand.. Hey maybe add 02, they do it in Hollywood.  Wellllll maybe not.Take Care of you.  Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Okey Dokey,First I want to thank ya'll for the FDA PulseOximeter sources. I just received my $65 one yesterday. It is very simple and easy to use. I checked the pulse against a manual pulse and also my BP monitor and found the pulse to be right on the money. I am assuming that the O2 Sat is correct. I did it on my wife and son and they both running 99%, kind of as suspected. My wife asked if I planned on testing all the neighbors when I take the dog for her walk. (she has rather wry sence of humor, at my expense...lol)Hmmmmm? may not a bad idea. You know like lemonade stands when we were kids?Anywho......I have been looking at baselines for myself and getting comparisons to how I feel under certain conditions. You know, like when I seem out of breath, or light headed....or after sleeping in the AM.What I have found:Even resting rarely over 95%Walking or up the stairs 91-92%Cleaning the shower stall 89-91%Also, while reclined during sleep and first wake up 87%I saw a reference on this board that one should keep the O2 over 90%. Should I worry that while sleeping/reclines I have been runnig less than 90? I am not on O2 of CPAP at all.Tom from PA