RemedySpot.com

Lady Slipper Orchids

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Roxanne,

You brought back such a good memory for me this afternoon. Back in the mid-80's to early 90's my then husband and I lived on Cape Cod. My son was small and we would go hiking in the woods, walking the beach and everywhere in between. Lady Slippers grew wild in the woods behind our backyard. I had never seen them before that and had no idea what they were. I was captivated by them. I remember finally finding out what they were but being warned that they were considered rare and fragile and not to try to dig them up and transplant them to my yard. I never did but just enjoyed them wherever I found them. I have no idea if they are more common in other places, I haven't seen one in years. Thanks for reminding me of something beautiful!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Re: Sharon

Hi Pink Joyce,I raised orchids for many years while living in Florida. When we moved to SC about 10 years ago, I dragged them all up here and had a greenhouse built for them and continued to spend hours and hours petting and talking to them. Then 2 years ago, my job sent me to ton and kept me there for 16 months leaving my poor babies in the care of part timers who didn't have the interest that I did. By the time I returned home, I was sick and didn't have the desire or energy to continue to try to bring them back from the depths. I gave them away.Over the years, I had a few lady slippers but never could keep these healthy. They have different requirements than most of the others, so I kept my collection mainly phalenopsis, oncidium, vandas, and the standard corsage orchid--the cattleya.I have many photos and I'll try to dig them up and post them soon.Roxanne, 58, South Carolina2006 Asthma/ PF2008 IPF/

Sarcoidosis/ GerdLady Slipper Orchid> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Peggy!> > I have my own concentrator, plus my own portable> > concentrator, and one E-Tank. We will probably leave> maybe> > 4 am and will try to get there around noon. When is> MB> > ariving? And whatever happened to that Hurricane> > phine? I

haven't heard anything about what> > happened to her.> > Toodles> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka> > pianolady_musicgirl> > > > > > >> > > Hey Missy Jane, How are your plans doing? When do> > y'all plan on > > > leaving and getting here.> > > We are about 6 to 8 from Atlanta.> > > I am so glad the storm isn't coming here. and> that> > you and MB are. > > > told the Apria guy> > > today that Y'all were coming. Do you need> them to> > bring a > > > concentrator for night?> > > Just call your provider and they will bring them> no> > problem.> > > Beth has her own she is a

"Have> concentrator> > will travel.."> > > I will have plenty e tanks. I have 24. so we will> be> > fine.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> > > Florida, IPF/UIP> > > > > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who> lift> > us to our feet,> > > when our wings have trouble remembering how to> > fly."> > >

AAHH, memories! the Florida everglades were full of wild orchids and ferns

(which I never picked) and wild bromelaids (which I did). I too, loved walking

and exploring the woods. Walks like those are all but impossible today, but we

can certainly enjoy the memories can't we?

Roxanne, 58, South Carolina

2006 Asthma/ PF

2008 IPF/ Sarcoidosis/Gerd

Lady Slipper Orchid

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Peggy!

> > > I have my own concentrator, plus my own portable

> > > concentrator, and one E-Tank.  We will probably

> leave

> > maybe

> > > 4 am and will try to get there around noon. 

> When is

> > MB

> > > ariving?  And whatever happened to that

> Hurricane

> > > phine?  I haven't heard anything about

> what

> > > happened to her.

> > > Toodles

> > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka

> > > pianolady_musicgirl

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Hey Missy Jane, How are your plans doing?

> When do

> > > y'all plan on 

> > > > leaving and getting here.

> > > > We are about 6 to 8 from Atlanta.

> > > > I am so glad the storm isn't coming

> here. and

> > that

> > > you and MB are. 

> > > > told the Apria guy

> > > > today that Y'all were coming. Do you

> need

> > them to

> > > bring a 

> > > > concentrator for night?

> > > > Just call your provider and they will bring

> them