RemedySpot.com

Anybody know about Oral Thrush?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have this stuff...any tried and true methods to treat it? I have no idea yet what med it may be causing this. I am not on any antibiotic. Maybe it's another symptom of the pain patch...

Ye Gads, what next????

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher,

Having been down the thrush road numerous times here's what works for me:

Lots of yogurt, plain is best but any yogurt with "active cultures" is good.

Limit the amount of sugar you eat. The thrush fungus feeds on it.

If you can drinking buttermilk can help also.

Get a prescription for Nystatin if you can't get rid of it with the above. Don't let it go for too long as it can spread down your esophogus and that is miserable!!

Don't know why you got it... are you on any inhalers or puffers? This type of yeast infection though is really opportunistic and can occur if you are run down and really tired. I think that description fits most of us!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?

I have this stuff...any tried and true methods to treat it? I have no idea yet what med it may be causing this. I am not on any antibiotic. Maybe it's another symptom of the pain patch...

Ye Gads, what next????

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher/MB

Hope you knock it out quickly, Sher. Don't let it linger. If the simple

cures don't work, head to the doctor for a prescription.

Now, Beth made a point on yogurt I want to reemphasize. Look at the

labels carefully. You will be amazed how many so called yogurts you'll

see in the dairy case that have skim milk instead of active cultures.

Its the bacteria in the active cultures that does the job. Also, the

active cultures don't impact those of us who are lactose intolerant but

the milk does.

I use to get the absolute best frozen yogurt too in the ice cream

section. But that was nearly 20 years ago and I haven't seen a frozen

yogurt with active cultures and no regular milk or regular skim milk in

ages.

>

> Sher,

> Having been down the thrush road numerous times here's what works for

me:

>

> Lots of yogurt, plain is best but any yogurt with " active cultures " is

good.

> Limit the amount of sugar you eat. The thrush fungus feeds on it.

> If you can drinking buttermilk can help also.

>

> Get a prescription for Nystatin if you can't get rid of it with the

above. Don't let it go for too long as it can spread down your esophogus

and that is miserable!!

>

> Don't know why you got it... are you on any inhalers or puffers? This

type of yeast infection though is really opportunistic and can occur if

you are run down and really tired. I think that description fits most of

us!

>

> Beth

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

>

>

>

>

> Anybody know about " Oral Thrush " ?

>

>

> I have this stuff...any tried and true methods to treat it? I have no

idea yet what med it may be causing this. I am not on any antibiotic.

Maybe it's another symptom of the pain patch...

> Ye Gads, what next????

>

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.

Vicky81856Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Sher,

One other thing I've used that I forgot about. You can get a prescription for Troche losenges. They are Clotrimazole, an anti-fungal and you let one dissolve in your mouth 4 times a day. These work pretty well too.

Beth

Ye Gads, what next????

MB ... thanks. I like Yogurt...and buttermilk is too bad.

I did read online that it can get serious...like down the throat.

I have no idea what brought this on...stress maybe? I've been in stress lately. No inhalers or puffers. Have been run down/tired.

My daughter told me to gargle salt water. Her Ped. Dr told her that for her kids after antibiotics.

I've been eating tons of fresh fruit for many days...I wonder?

appreciate you MB.

Ye Gads, what next????

ok, I'll save this email.

Ye Gads, what next????

Thanks Bruce ... I'm getting after it today.

Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?>>> I have this stuff...any tried and true methods to treat it? I have noidea yet what med it may be causing this. I am not on any antibiotic.Maybe it's another symptom of the pain patch...> Ye Gads, what next????>> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Whoops, I meant buttermilk is NOT too bad. I'll get some.

Ye Gads, what next????

Sher the Advair and pred both gave me thrush but the Nystatin did away with it within a few days. I had it down my throat the first time I got it and couldn't swallow. I was shocked when I saw the blistersin my mouth and throat. Be sure to do something quickly. You probably can call your dr and they'll callit in for you. The antibotics are the culprit I'm sure. Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Whoops, I meant buttermilk is NOT too bad. I'll get some.  MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?I have this stuff...any tried and true methods to treat it?  I have no idea yet what med it may be causing this. I am not on any antibiotic. Maybe it's another symptom of the pain patch...Ye Gads, what next???? MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Shucks Vicky ... I should have remembered you have thrush too! We just recently talked...

I'm wondering how even my dr can know "what" is the cause. I'm on quite a few meds but only a few newer ones so maybe we can narrow it down.

Hope this day is a good one for you girlfriend.

Love,

Re: Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?

I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.

Vicky81856

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Sher,

Remember that thrush is a fungal infection and as such isn't necesarily caused by any type of medication. Sometimes antibiotics can kill off even the "good" bacteria in our systems and leave more room for something like yeast to move in. Anything that supresses our immune system can also do the same thing. If our immune system isn't working up to capacity bacteria or fungus or whatever can just take over and cause havoc.

Since you aren't on any of those types of things my best guess is that you are likely tired, run down and therefore "easy pickin's" for this type of infection. I'm glad you are on top of it and can nip it in the bud. Only once did I have thrush "get away' from me and ended up with fungal esophogitis ( a yeast infection in my throat and all the way down my esophogus). It was miserable and took several weeks and a couple of courses of Diflucan to get rid of.

YUCK!!

Beth

Vicky81856

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

MB... the pain clinic called and told me only three things cause thrush: Steroids, antibiotics and immunosuppressant. Looking at my med list I don't think I'm taking any of that......hmmmmm.

I will call my pcp and see what happens next.

I'm also noticing a slightly "heavy" feeling in my chest. O2 hangs around 90, 91 sometimes more but I'm using O2 anyway. Just feels like breathing is easier.

I've heard of thrush down into the esophagus and I want none of that! lol.

thanks,

Vicky81856

Sher,

What the folks at the pain clinic told you is absolutely correct and even those drugs only "cause" thrush in an indirect sense. That is they change normal conditions in your body and leave you more vulnerable to an infection.

I am concerned about the heavy feeling in your chest and your sats are hanging out right on the border of being too low. Please don't delay calling your primary, whatever is going on you want to catch it before it goes very far!

Love,

Beth

Vicky81856

MB ... thanks, I will follow thru' and call today for an appt.

Appreciate the little 'nudge'.

Vicky81856

Dear Sher,

Sorry to hear about your thrush, what MB says is right , there is no

point delaying or neglecting it, you have to take quick action and

try to get rid of it so that you are comfortable again, it is

horrible to have one problem or another all the time.

problem free days are a great thing to look forward to.

how is the heavy feeling now , is it still persis ting?

All my love and prayers, dear friend,

Geeta

>

> MB... the pain clinic called and told me only three things cause

thrush: Steroids, antibiotics and immunosuppressant. Looking at my

med list I don't think I'm taking any of that......hmmmmm.

> I will call my pcp and see what happens next.

> I'm also noticing a slightly " heavy " feeling in my chest. O2 hangs

around 90, 91 sometimes more but I'm using O2 anyway. Just feels

like breathing is easier.

>

> I've heard of thrush down into the esophagus and I want none of

that! lol.

>

> thanks,

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Re: Anybody know about " Oral

Thrush " ?

>

>

>

> I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid

Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I

have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.

>

> Vicky81856

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

---------

> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,

plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

>

Hi Geeta ... well by golly I do NOT have thrush, so goodie goodie for me.

The somewhat (minor) heavy feeling is still there and if it gets worse or anything else pops up I will call the Dr.

I will just be so glad when summer is over past and done. I'm a cool weather person, even to preferring cold food, cool coffee and cool sleeping. I do not like the heat.

Hope you are having a good-ole time!

Love to you too,

Re: Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?> > > > I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.> > Vicky81856> > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.>

Sher,

Yippee!! So happy to hear you don't have thrush! I can't remember what symptoms you had in the first place....Did the doctor say something else was going on?

Please don't ignore any kind of heaviness in your chest Sher and do what you need to in order to keep your sats up above 90. OK?

Just say, "Yes Dear". LOL

Beth

Re: Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?> > > > I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.> > Vicky81856> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----------> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.>

YES SHER.. Check it out. Better safe that sorry.. please  NOW.. you know you are supposed to take care of you.........  :l Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Sher,Yippee!! So happy to hear you don't have thrush!  I can't remember what symptoms you had in the first place....Did the doctor say something else was going on? Please don't ignore any kind of heaviness in your chest Sher and do what you need to in order to keep your sats up above 90. OK?  Just say, "Yes Dear".  LOL Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Re: Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?> > > > I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.> > Vicky81856> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----------> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.>

Thanks MB ... I'm glad I don't have one more thing to "treat". Dentist said to clean my tongue with this little "blade" lookin' thingy. Have a lot of white coating on my tongue and inside cheeks.

I am watching the sats... I can usually tell now when they are "low".

I'm sure relieved Ike is over and I'm hoping everyone is ok. I couldn't help but think of those people who need O2 and no electricity...hope they were prepared.

Re: Anybody know about "Oral Thrush"?> > > > I am the Queen of Thrush, have it right now. I take liquid Nystatin and I even get it on my body, under my armpits etc so I have the powder. I dont know why I get it but it seems to love me.> > Vicky81856> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----------> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.>