RemedySpot.com

Re: What Earl said to me this morning......................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ML ... we all hate this disease dearheart! But, think how much you would want Earl back doing all he does for you if he were no longer there to do it.

You are still You Lou, no matter what the outside needs to do. Rich does so much for me too but when I try to do more and I'm just out of breath, I have to relent to the reality!

Love ya girlfriend.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

What Earl said to me this morning......................................

He asked me what I was going to do today, (like he always says just before he leaves for work) and I said softly: Oh, I don't know, probably go across the street (with the car) to Kroger's and get some milk.Wellllllll, that didn't work!!! Earl said: Honey, please don't do that. Please don't. I will get milk on the way home tonight>I said: I am totally losing my independence and I just want a chance to go to the store.He said: I am your independence now Honey, I want to be with you when you go anywhere from now on.Sheepishly I said: ok and then we hugged.I feel so darn helpless because I KNOW HE IS RIGHT. He is always right when it comes to my safety. He is a precious man, I am just trying to do things on my own that I know I can't do anymore.I went to the storage shed on the porch a couple of hrs. ago to get out some small items for xmas decorations, that I could place around slowly in the house. I couldn't believe it, just moving a few boxes made me sit in the chair on the porch and cry, tears flowing down my face. I can't do this!!! I just can't do this anymore. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, like most people. It doesn't take much the past 2 weeks to get me down. I am getting depressed quickly at times and try to snap out of it by reading our posts here and sending greeting cards. I try, I try, and then I cry. I HATE THIS DISEASE.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

Lou,

It is so frustrating isn't it? My kids are always mad at me because I do too much and they are right- I want to be around a long time to be with my children and grandchildren and I know your family wants the same. It is so hard adjusting to doing less ( and I am afraid of the day when I can do nothing!) but I am finding that once I let go of "how I did things in the past" I am okay. Christmas is my favorite time of the year also and I use to love to decorate , bake tons of cookies, make candy, and of course a huge Christmas dinner for my very huge family. Last year for the first time my kids did all the decorating, I bought cookies and everyone brought a dish for our Christmas dinner that we ate on paper plates! And you know what? It was a wonderful Christmas and no one seem to miss all the homemade stuff and work I usually do. I think it is so hard for us

to realize that our friends and family love us for ourselves and not for all the things we do. Take care Lou and I will be praying that the depression lifts and you soon return to your loving, laughing self. God bless you- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: What Earl said to me this morning......................................To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 10:04 AM

He asked me what I was going to do today, (like he always says just before he leaves for work) and I said softly: Oh, I don't know, probably go across the street (with the car) to Kroger's and get some milk.Wellllllll, that didn't work!!! Earl said: Honey, please don't do that. Please don't. I will get milk on the way home tonight>I said: I am totally losing my independence and I just want a chance to go to the store.He said: I am your independence now Honey, I want to be with you when you go anywhere from now on.Sheepishly I said: ok and then we hugged.I feel so darn helpless because I KNOW HE IS RIGHT. He is always right when it comes to my safety. He is a precious man, I am just trying to do things on my own that I know I can't do anymore.I went to the storage shed on the porch a couple of hrs. ago to get out some small items for xmas decorations, that I could

place around slowly in the house. I couldn't believe it, just moving a few boxes made me sit in the chair on the porch and cry, tears flowing down my face. I can't do this!!! I just can't do this anymore. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, like most people. It doesn't take much the past 2 weeks to get me down. I am getting depressed quickly at times and try to snap out of it by reading our posts here and sending greeting cards. I try, I try, and then I cry. I HATE THIS DISEASE.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

Lou,

I know it is frustrating and aggravating and irritating and every other bad word we can come up with. You hang in there. Be proud of your Earl. Bless his heart that you have him with you. Sometimes I really hate living alone. Some days I just sit around and feel sorry for myself and I hate it when that happens!! I have an idea. If you want to take out Christmas decorations, just take 1 box at a time. Get the box out, take a break, then go through it, take another break. Put one thing out, take another break. I am not even to the point of wearing oxygen yet and have already found that is what I have to do even with simple housecleaning. I rememeber the days when I could clean the entire house within 2 hours, including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, etc. Would have the entire rest of the day to do whatever I wanted and usually filled it up, too. Now I try and pick one thing

a day that needs to be cleaned and that is what I do. Usually by the end of the week, I have the whole place clean and it is time to start all over!! (HEE HEE!!). At least I am getting it done and I kinda sorta feel like I accomplished a little something, even if all I get done in a day is the vacuuming and even that I do one room at a time. I tried today to put up some Halloween decorations. I have been doing some sewing and made a scarecrow, some pumpkins, a ghost and a witch. Bought one of those spider webs from the Dollar Tree to string across the window. I even made a black cat to hang from a broom handle. Have been trying to get it all in the window for the last 2 weeks. Put the spider web up today and by the time I was done, I was soaking wet in a sweat and breathing like I had just run a marathon!! I agree with you, this disease really sucks -- BUTTT - we gotta keep trying!! I hope you

feel better soon and can do your decorations, too. I am thinking of you always, girlfriend!!

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

From: Lou <mlpretired (AT) aol (DOT) com>Subject: What Earl said to me this morning..... ......... ......... ......... ......To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, September 19, 2008, 10:04 AM

He asked me what I was going to do today, (like he always says just before he leaves for work) and I said softly: Oh, I don't know, probably go across the street (with the car) to Kroger's and get some milk.Wellllllll, that didn't work!!! Earl said: Honey, please don't do that. Please don't. I will get milk on the way home tonight>I said: I am totally losing my independence and I just want a chance to go to the store.He said: I am your independence now Honey, I want to be with you when you go anywhere from now on.Sheepishly I said: ok and then we hugged.I feel so darn helpless because I KNOW HE IS RIGHT. He is always right when it comes to my safety. He is a precious man, I am just trying to do things on my own that I know I can't do anymore.I went to the storage shed on the porch a couple of hrs. ago to get out some small items for xmas decorations, that I could

place around slowly in the house. I couldn't believe it, just moving a few boxes made me sit in the chair on the porch and cry, tears flowing down my face. I can't do this!!! I just can't do this anymore. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, like most people. It doesn't take much the past 2 weeks to get me down. I am getting depressed quickly at times and try to snap out of it by reading our posts here and sending greeting cards. I try, I try, and then I cry. I HATE THIS DISEASE.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02