else I can deal with a lot easier. I looked up some images of a

lupus rash and they say it is more butterfly shaped, but was the only

thing I could think of that would last this long. Also, the pulmo

changed my nasal steroid spray from Rhinocort to Flonase, so I looked

that up, too, and found that some people who take inhaled

corticosteroids can get a rash around their mouth, but that would not

explain the eyes and the feet, would it? Besides, I have used

Flonase before years ago and didn't get a rash. I don't mean to

ramble, but this itching is driving me FREAKING CRAZY!!! HELP!!!!

Caro,

I feel your pain my friend....I've had a rash on the palms of my hands for most of the last 4 years. I actually had the rash before I had any lung symptoms but I didn't pay that much attention to it. Just tried to get rid of it with things like over the counter cortisone cream and stuff. It looked more than anything like excessively dry skin. Dry, flaky, callouses etc. and it itched like crazy, drove me insane. It wasn't improved by anything I tried. But after I was hospitalized for the lung issue and I was put on the prednisone the rash disappeared and only came back after I'd been off the pred for about 6 months. Even so, it has not returned to pre-prednisone levels.

I'm only sharing this to let you know you're not alone with weird skin issues. My pulmo called my hand rash "mechanics hand" and it's apparently sometimes associated with various autoimmune connective tissue diseases.

You might want to consider getting yourself to a rheumatologist. He'll have more knowledge than your pulmo. Or you could also try a dermatologist but when I went to a derm about my hand rash (this was several years ago) he diagnosed ecxema and sent me on my way. No help there. This is all so flippin frustrating! I hope someone gets a handle on this soon for you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Rash

Hi all,I hope you all don't mind if I ask this, but I think I have my pulmo doc dumbfounded! ! I have for about the past 8 years, every now and then, get this little tiny rash on my face, always on the right side right below the corner of mouth, about the size of a quarter. It turns red, never raised, just straight red, no pus, or drainage or anything like that and USUALLY doesn't itch, and goes away within 2 to 3 days. A few months later, it comes back, same thing. Well, it came back a week after I had the salivary gland biopsy to diagnose the Sjogren's syndrome. Same rash about the size of a quarter. That was 10 weeks ago. Now it has spread and I have a triangle from each nostril all the way around my mouth, LITERALLY A TRIANGLE!! It has itched so bad this week, it is waking me up at night. A couple of days ago, I noticed a few red spots on my eyelids. Now, take note. I am miserably

allergic to poison ivy and this is definitely no poison ivy rash, as I said, no drainage, just itch, itch, itch, and bright red. Even some days it flakes. When I went for my B12 shot, I asked the nurse about it and she said it looks dry. Try some Eucerin cream. Well, I did and no help. I just looked like a triangle-shaped tomato with olive oil on it!! I asked the pulmo when I went back for my checkup 2 weeks ago and told him that I had done some research and Sjogren's affects the skin, so I asked him if that could be it or lupus maybe and he said he will have to look in the book. (whatever that means). Well 2 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything from him. In the meantime, I am still ITCHING!! Last night, I got out of the shower, and now I have red spot on the inside of the soles of my feet. What the heck is this stuff? Anybody have a clue? I really cannot stand having anything on my face, ya

know? Anywhere else I can deal with a lot easier. I looked up some images of a lupus rash and they say it is more butterfly shaped, but was the only thing I could think of that would last this long. Also, the pulmo changed my nasal steroid spray from Rhinocort to Flonase, so I looked that up, too, and found that some people who take inhaled corticosteroids can get a rash around their mouth, but that would not explain the eyes and the feet, would it? Besides, I have used Flonase before years ago and didn't get a rash. I don't mean to ramble, but this itching is driving me FREAKING CRAZY!!! HELP!!!!

AHA!! That is a thought!! Come to think of it, it was about 10 weeks ago when he cut my prednisone down from 10 mg to 5 mg. I have so enjoyed the weight starting to come off that I didn't even consider that!! I live in the little podunk town of Greenwood, MS and unfortunately, they don't have a dermatologist or a rheumatologist. Closest derm is 45 miles away and closest rheum is about 60 miles away, BUT I would drive a million miles at this point to get a handle on this crap!! So embarrassing to go out in public. I was out today taking out the trash and my face and nose started itching like crazy and I started scratching. Another man that lives here in the complex was taking his trash out, too, and he laughed and said, "you must have allergies!!" I just laughed and say, yeah, maybe that is it and

kept on going. Boy, if he only knew!!

I love you all so much. I can always come here and feel better!!

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: RashTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 6:28 PM

Caro,

I feel your pain my friend....I' ve had a rash on the palms of my hands for most of the last 4 years. I actually had the rash before I had any lung symptoms but I didn't pay that much attention to it. Just tried to get rid of it with things like over the counter cortisone cream and stuff. It looked more than anything like excessively dry skin. Dry, flaky, callouses etc. and it itched like crazy, drove me insane. It wasn't improved by anything I tried. But after I was hospitalized for the lung issue and I was put on the prednisone the rash disappeared and only came back after I'd been off the pred for about 6 months. Even so, it has not returned to pre-prednisone levels.

I'm only sharing this to let you know you're not alone with weird skin issues. My pulmo called my hand rash "mechanics hand" and it's apparently sometimes associated with various autoimmune connective tissue diseases.

You might want to consider getting yourself to a rheumatologist. He'll have more knowledge than your pulmo. Or you could also try a dermatologist but when I went to a derm about my hand rash (this was several years ago) he diagnosed ecxema and sent me on my way. No help there. This is all so flippin frustrating! I hope someone gets a handle on this soon for you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Rash

Hi all,I hope you all don't mind if I ask this, but I think I have my pulmo doc dumbfounded! ! I have for about the past 8 years, every now and then, get this little tiny rash on my face, always on the right side right below the corner of mouth, about the size of a quarter. It turns red, never raised, just straight red, no pus, or drainage or anything like that and USUALLY doesn't itch, and goes away within 2 to 3 days. A few months later, it comes back, same thing. Well, it came back a week after I had the salivary gland biopsy to diagnose the Sjogren's syndrome. Same rash about the size of a quarter. That was 10 weeks ago. Now it has spread and I have a triangle from each nostril all the way around my mouth, LITERALLY A TRIANGLE!! It has itched so bad this week, it is waking me up at night. A couple of days ago, I noticed a few red spots on my eyelids. Now, take note. I am miserably

allergic to poison ivy and this is definitely no poison ivy rash, as I said, no drainage, just itch, itch, itch, and bright red. Even some days it flakes. When I went for my B12 shot, I asked the nurse about it and she said it looks dry. Try some Eucerin cream. Well, I did and no help. I just looked like a triangle-shaped tomato with olive oil on it!! I asked the pulmo when I went back for my checkup 2 weeks ago and told him that I had done some research and Sjogren's affects the skin, so I asked him if that could be it or lupus maybe and he said he will have to look in the book. (whatever that means). Well 2 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything from him. In the meantime, I am still ITCHING!! Last night, I got out of the shower, and now I have red spot on the inside of the soles of my feet. What the heck is this stuff? Anybody have a clue? I really cannot stand having anything on my face, ya

know? Anywhere else I can deal with a lot easier. I looked up some images of a lupus rash and they say it is more butterfly shaped, but was the only thing I could think of that would last this long. Also, the pulmo changed my nasal steroid spray from Rhinocort to Flonase, so I looked that up, too, and found that some people who take inhaled corticosteroids can get a rash around their mouth, but that would not explain the eyes and the feet, would it? Besides, I have used Flonase before years ago and didn't get a rash. I don't mean to ramble, but this itching is driving me FREAKING CRAZY!!! HELP!!!!

This seems overly simple but try Spray Benedryl....it's quick and seems to work for either itching or allergy.

I know itching can drive you nearly mad!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Rash

Hi all,I hope you all don't mind if I ask this, but I think I have my pulmo doc dumbfounded! ! I have for about the past 8 years, every now and then, get this little tiny rash on my face, always on the right side right below the corner of mouth, about the size of a quarter. It turns red, never raised, just straight red, no pus, or drainage or anything like that and USUALLY doesn't itch, and goes away within 2 to 3 days. A few months later, it comes back, same thing. Well, it came back a week after I had the salivary gland biopsy to diagnose the Sjogren's syndrome. Same rash about the size of a quarter. That was 10 weeks ago. Now it has spread and I have a triangle from each nostril all the way around my mouth, LITERALLY A TRIANGLE!! It has itched so bad this week, it is waking me up at night. A couple of days ago, I noticed a few red spots on my eyelids. Now, take note. I am miserably allergic to poison ivy and this is definitely no poison ivy rash, as I said, no drainage, just itch, itch, itch, and bright red. Even some days it flakes. When I went for my B12 shot, I asked the nurse about it and she said it looks dry. Try some Eucerin cream. Well, I did and no help. I just looked like a triangle-shaped tomato with olive oil on it!! I asked the pulmo when I went back for my checkup 2 weeks ago and told him that I had done some research and Sjogren's affects the skin, so I asked him if that could be it or lupus maybe and he said he will have to look in the book. (whatever that means). Well 2 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything from him. In the meantime, I am still ITCHING!! Last night, I got out of the shower, and now I have red spot on the inside of the soles of my feet. What the heck is this stuff? Anybody have a clue? I really cannot stand having anything on my face, ya know? Anywhere else I can deal with a lot easier. I looked up some images of a lupus rash and they say it is more butterfly shaped, but was the only thing I could think of that would last this long. Also, the pulmo changed my nasal steroid spray from Rhinocort to Flonase, so I looked that up, too, and found that some people who take inhaled corticosteroids can get a rash around their mouth, but that would not explain the eyes and the feet, would it? Besides, I have used Flonase before years ago and didn't get a rash. I don't mean to ramble, but this itching is driving me FREAKING CRAZY!!! HELP!!!!

I may try that Mama Sher. Thanks!! I didn't know there was a SPRAY BENADRYL!! I actually hadn't even thought of Benadryl. At this point, I will try anything. All these sleepless nights are catching up with me fast!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: RashTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 7:34 PM

This seems overly simple but try Spray Benedryl.... it's quick and seems to work for either itching or allergy.

I know itching can drive you nearly mad!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Rash

It might be Dermatomyositis. here is web sight http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dermatomyositis/dermatomyositis.htm P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 9 LPM 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 60Subject: RashTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 5:44 PM

Hi all,

I hope you all don't mind if I ask this, but I think I have my pulmo

doc dumbfounded! ! I have for about the past 8 years, every now and

then, get this little tiny rash on my face, always on the right side

right below the corner of mouth, about the size of a quarter. It

turns red, never raised, just straight red, no pus, or drainage or

anything like that and USUALLY doesn't itch, and goes away within 2

to 3 days. A few months later, it comes back, same thing. Well, it

came back a week after I had the salivary gland biopsy to diagnose

the Sjogren's syndrome. Same rash about the size of a quarter. That

was 10 weeks ago. Now it has spread and I have a triangle from each

nostril all the way around my mouth, LITERALLY A TRIANGLE!! It has

itched so bad this week, it is waking me up at night. A couple of

days ago, I noticed a few red spots on my eyelids. Now, take note. I

am miserably allergic to poison ivy and this is definitely no poison

ivy rash, as I said, no drainage, just itch, itch, itch, and bright

red. Even some days it flakes. When I went for my B12 shot, I asked

the nurse about it and she said it looks dry. Try some Eucerin

cream. Well, I did and no help. I just looked like a triangle-shaped

tomato with olive oil on it!! I asked the pulmo when I went back for

my checkup 2 weeks ago and told him that I had done some research and

Sjogren's affects the skin, so I asked him if that could be it or

lupus maybe and he said he will have to look in the book. (whatever

that means). Well 2 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything

from him. In the meantime, I am still ITCHING!! Last night, I got out

of the shower, and now I have red spot on the inside of the soles of

my feet. What the heck is this stuff? Anybody have a clue? I

really cannot stand having anything on my face, ya know? Anywhere

else I can deal with a lot easier. I looked up some images of a

lupus rash and they say it is more butterfly shaped, but was the only

thing I could think of that would last this long. Also, the pulmo

changed my nasal steroid spray from Rhinocort to Flonase, so I looked

that up, too, and found that some people who take inhaled

corticosteroids can get a rash around their mouth, but that would not

explain the eyes and the feet, would it? Besides, I have used

Flonase before years ago and didn't get a rash. I don't mean to

ramble, but this itching is driving me FREAKING CRAZY!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks. I will check it out!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

From: carowade4444 <carowade4444@ yahoo.com>Subject: RashTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, September 19, 2008, 5:44 PM