RemedySpot.com

Re: oxygen equipment:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sher, Yes we have several E tanks in the trunk of my car. No BANG's yet.. lol.. When we travel doesn't want to take a chance on 02 problems. I see welding trucks loaded with M tanks and have never heard of a problem.  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Peggy ...  "a trunk full" of O2??? Gee whiz, I was told never to put O2 in the trunk.... I guess because of a possible rear end collision...?  MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: oxygen equipment: helios and little green tanksHi Pink, don't these companies make you want to scream.. My co actually told me the same thing. then one day talking to a lady about supplies I needed she said "If we get a script from your Dr. we have to fill it."So they brought me m6, E tanks and liquid at one time but I didn't really like the liquid.�I use E tanks. they last me a little over an hour so we always take a trunk full when we go out.Talk to your Dr. would be my advise.�Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida, �IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�Hi Groupthe following note is what I sent to the nurse at my pulmonary doc's office.� I hope the note is self explanatory.�I am wondering if anyone else has a similar situation.� If so, what has your experience been?I look forward to your answers.� Thanks.�Pink Joyce��Hi JenThis is about oxygen equipment.� I have a Helios and a liquid O2 tank.� I also have a concentrator to use in the house.��In addition, I have those little green tanks, I think they are M6's.� I use them to hold me over when the Helios freezes and when I am going to be out of the house for a long period of time and the Helios runs out.��For example, last Saturday I went to the ball game.� After the Helios ran out, I used 2 or 3 green tanks until I got home.��When using O2, I use 2 liters at rest and 4 liters when active, i.e.:� walking the dog, exercise, walking anyplace.��I just called the O2 company, Lincare, and requested the little green tanks to hold me over for the weekend.� Elaine said that the insurance will only cover either the liquid O2 or the green tanks, not both.� Then she said that I would have to pay $10 per green tank if I want both.��So I called Blue Cross, they said that I need prior authorization from my doctor to cover something that is a medical necessity.� So I called, got a busy signal and will try again.��To summarize, the Helios is only good for for 3 to 4 hours, if I am away from the house for a longer period of time, I need something to supplement the Helios.�Pink�Joyce�IPF 3/06��Pennslvania�