RemedySpot.com

Re: Please listen carefully everyone...................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the bitter pill!

in addition to this stupid disease and being tethered to O2, now I fall asleep when i drive, so i need someone to drive me if i need to go far

giving up independence really sucks!!!

makes me angry!!!

I see RED!Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Subject: Re: Please listen carefully everyone...................To: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:12 AM

Lou,

We heard you loud and clear dear heart. I'm sorry there's not more anyone can say to help. This disease just stinks in so many ways. Maybe as the weather cools down it will be a bit easier for you to breathe when you're out of the house.

I know that losing the ability to get out by yourself is a bitter pill. I'm thinking of you today!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Please listen carefully everyone.... ......... ......

When I go out with Earl to the store, I can walk to the car, get in, get out by myself with my small helios carrier on wheels (very lightweight) also fits companion. I can even drive if I feel up to it, but haven't lately. What I am trying to tell you all is that when I go out to eat, I can walk in and sit down, get up, and leave, walk to the car slowly.I am telling you that I can NOT walk anywhere away from my home without an electric cart. They have them in Walmart and large stores or malls sometimes. I haven't been to a mall in over a year. I only go to Walmart shopping with Earl or as they have the electric cart. I could NOT shop without it, not even 10 feet. Now this is what it is and I can not walk at all without the electric cart in any store. Our Kroger's has nice ones too across the street from here, but I can not walk there. Earl has to drive me there, until I get my cataract

surgery I am not driving anymore. Shouldn't be too long before I have the surgery. It is just too dangerous now for me and others.So, Joyce Dalton's daughter, Gretchen just emailed me wanting to make sure I knew about her Mother's passing, because of the Jacquielawson cards I had been sending her. I stopped sending her cards during this last couple of weeks or so. I did reply to her note and thanked her for HER and her Mother's life that has bonded her to all of us forever and ever. Joyce helped me a lot too and now she is loving all of it, isn't she! I loved her too!!! Sweet beautiful woman and family.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

Pink, Did they tell you definitely that

you have sleep Apnea?

Are you on the CPAP?

What a nasty thing to happen!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Joyce T Rosenberg wrote:

the bitter pill!

in addition to this stupid disease and being tethered to

O2, now I fall asleep when i drive, so i need someone to drive me if i

need to go far

giving up independence really sucks!!!

makes me angry!!!

I see RED!

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

Subject: Re: Please listen carefully everyone...................

To: Breathe-Support

Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:12 AM

Lou,

We heard you loud and clear dear heart. I'm sorry

there's not more anyone can say to help. This disease just stinks in so

many ways. Maybe as the weather cools down it will be a bit easier for

you to breathe when you're out of the house.

I know that losing the ability to get out by yourself is

a bitter pill. I'm thinking of you today!!

Beth

Change

everything. Love and Forgive

-----

Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:39:32 PM

Subject: Please listen carefully everyone....

.......... ......

When I go out with Earl to the store, I can walk to the

car, get in,

get out by myself with my small helios carrier on wheels (very

lightweight) also fits companion. I can even drive if I feel up to

it, but haven't lately. What I am trying to tell you all is that

when I go out to eat, I can walk in and sit down, get up, and leave,

walk to the car slowly.

I am telling you that I can NOT walk anywhere away from my home

without an electric cart. They have them in Walmart and large stores

or malls sometimes. I haven't been to a mall in over a year. I only

go to Walmart shopping with Earl or as they have the electric

cart. I could NOT shop without it, not even 10 feet. Now this is

what it is and I can not walk at all without the electric cart in any

store. Our Kroger's has nice ones too across the street from here,

but I can not walk there. Earl has to drive me there, until I get my

cataract surgery I am not driving anymore. Shouldn't be too long

before I have the surgery. It is just too dangerous now for me and

others.

So, Joyce Dalton's daughter, Gretchen just emailed me wanting to make

sure I knew about her Mother's passing, because of the Jacquielawson

cards I had been sending her. I stopped sending her cards during

this last couple of weeks or so. I did reply to her note and thanked

her for HER and her Mother's life that has bonded her to all of us

forever and ever. Joyce helped me a lot too and now she is loving

all of it, isn't she! I loved her too!!! Sweet beautiful woman and

family.

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU

IPF - 02

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1683 - Release Date: 9/21/2008 10:10 AM

Pink,

I was doing really stupid things when I was driving and it turned out I neede to up my oxygen to the same rate I use when exercising ( 4L). I have no clue if yours is related to the same problem, but I wondered if you turn yours down while driving. Take care- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Please listen carefully everyone.... ......... ......To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:12 AM

Lou,

We heard you loud and clear dear heart. I'm sorry there's not more anyone can say to help. This disease just stinks in so many ways. Maybe as the weather cools down it will be a bit easier for you to breathe when you're out of the house.

I know that losing the ability to get out by yourself is a bitter pill. I'm thinking of you today!!

Beth

When I go out with Earl to the store, I can walk to the car, get in, get out by myself with my small helios carrier on wheels (very lightweight) also fits companion. I can even drive if I feel up to it, but haven't lately. What I am trying to tell you all is that when I go out to eat, I can walk in and sit down, get up, and leave, walk to the car slowly.I am telling you that I can NOT walk anywhere away from my home without an electric cart. They have them in Walmart and large stores or malls sometimes. I haven't been to a mall in over a year. I only go to Walmart shopping with Earl or as they have the electric cart. I could NOT shop without it, not even 10 feet. Now this is what it is and I can not walk at all without the electric cart in any store. Our Kroger's has nice ones too across the street from here, but I can not walk there. Earl has to drive me there, until I get my cataract

surgery I am not driving anymore. Shouldn't be too long before I have the surgery. It is just too dangerous now for me and others.So, Joyce Dalton's daughter, Gretchen just emailed me wanting to make sure I knew about her Mother's passing, because of the Jacquielawson cards I had been sending her. I stopped sending her cards during this last couple of weeks or so. I did reply to her note and thanked her for HER and her Mother's life that has bonded her to all of us forever and ever. Joyce helped me a lot too and now she is loving all of it, isn't she! I loved her too!!! Sweet beautiful woman and family.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

Maybe I missed something...what causes you to fall asleep while driving???

You're right, giving up independence really sucks!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

When I go out with Earl to the store, I can walk to the car, get in, get out by myself with my small helios carrier on wheels (very lightweight) also fits companion. I can even drive if I feel up to it, but haven't lately. What I am trying to tell you all is that when I go out to eat, I can walk in and sit down, get up, and leave, walk to the car slowly.I am telling you that I can NOT walk anywhere away from my home without an electric cart. They have them in Walmart and large stores or malls sometimes. I haven't been to a mall in over a year. I only go to Walmart shopping with Earl or as they have the electric cart. I could NOT shop without it, not even 10 feet. Now this is what it is and I can not walk at all without the electric cart in any store. Our Kroger's has nice ones too across the street from here, but I can not walk there. Earl has to drive me there, until I get my cataract surgery I am not driving anymore. Shouldn't be too long before I have the surgery. It is just too dangerous now for me and others.So, Joyce Dalton's daughter, Gretchen just emailed me wanting to make sure I knew about her Mother's passing, because of the Jacquielawson cards I had been sending her. I stopped sending her cards during this last couple of weeks or so. I did reply to her note and thanked her for HER and her Mother's life that has bonded her to all of us forever and ever. Joyce helped me a lot too and now she is loving all of it, isn't she! I loved her too!!! Sweet beautiful woman and family.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

the rate while i drive varies

when i get sleepy, i do check to make sure it is on 4 --the highest setting with Helios

I have also started to notice a relationship between what i eat and when i eat compared to driving--yes i do believe there is a relationship

recently, i went to the doc for a bladder infection, when they checked my urine, they found glucose

so they did a finger stick, it was over 200 mgs

they gave me a kit to check my glucose and told me to do fastings and 2 hours after my biggest meal

the fastings are within the normal range, but depending on what i eat, the glucose might be elevated after 2 hours after the meal--hence sleepyness

if i eat ice cream at home, i fall asleep on the sofa watching TV

recently they did a sleep study on me, no sleep apnea

then they did a nap study--i get the results next week

many, many years ago--in the late 70's, they did a 6 hour glucose tolerance test

I don't know if they still do them

they did it with insulin levels

I don't remember the results of the glucose tolerance, but the insulen levels were the opposite of what they should have been

i was told that i am hypo glycemic

at that time i was put on a 1200 calorie diabetic diet

lost weight and felt better

throught the years i have ignored the diet

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Please listen carefully everyone.... ......... ......To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:12 AM

Lou,

Beth