RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Transplant Walt & Steve

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gods speed to you both.  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Good luck to you Walt! It appears that I may not be far behind...I have been undergoing evaluation by the Lung Transplant Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston since May. On my last visit, the gave me another round of PFT's and told me that the following daythe transplant team would be meeting and reviewing cases, including mine. After the review, the called me last week to set up the final evaluation, which is a 2-3 day, in-patient stay. It will include a cardiac catheterization! From there, depending upon the results, it will just be a matter of losing another 20 pounds to get my BMI down to the threshold. My expectation is that if they decide to proceed, then I would probably be able to be listed around the New Year. (and to think, a year ago I was blissfully unaware of any of this!!!!)I'll be keeping a close eye on you...as well as keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/0756 NH>> > Transplant> > > > Well I do not post much? I got some good information from people on > this site and most are very helpful. They have been testing me since > April of this year. I told them. I think you will test me to > death.They > called me Monday and said they would like to have me in the hospital > to finish the tests > . I got a cold a couple of weeks ago and my oxygen > levels > went in the tank Big time. Today I took another Cat Scan today. About > a hour ago. Three doctors come in my > room and ask me what I thought about the transpant?> is what im doing here I hope everything work's out for it. > Then they told > me I made the list and to get ready it could happen next week. My > lungs > must be pretty messed up to be listed like that. They cant promiss > ancan't promiseourse not. I guess it is all in gods hands now. God > bless > you all and thank you for your help. looking forward to talking to > you > all again. God bless everyone who has to suffer in the world: Walt>