RemedySpot.com

Just checking in.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Howdy hall monitor...Peg, Sher, ML, Leanne(theED), the newbies and everyone else,

Just wanted to check in and say howdy. Howdy! To all the new members, I hate that you had to find us. But this is a great place to be when you have questions, want to vent or just sit back an listen to issues concerning this horrid disease. I have learned a lot from this group, and if I can anyone can. The good people in this group are not only knowledgeable, but truly compassionate, sympathetic and empathetic to the plight of pulmonary fibrosis and all the wonderment that it is. Keep your head up.... "breathe in, breathe out..." Or so says Jimmy Buffet.

Oh, by the way! I'm Wally, 48 y/o, I have a 14 y/o son named Corbin. We live in Snyder,

Texas. I was diagnosed with NSIP through open lung biospy in October 2006. I have been stable for the better part of that time. Recently there has been some further loss in lung function and capacity. But you just gotta keep on pluggin' away. I'm in the process of trying to pull together another fund raiser for the coming year. I want to challenge everyone of you no matter where you are. Make something happen! Fundraisers! Making your local community aware of PF. Fundraiser! Oh! Did I say Fundraisers! There are/have been people of noteriety with this insedious, horrid disease and their voices are not being heard. Well kiddos, it is time to turn up the concentrators and sceam and yell for what its worth. I hate this disease, I hate the fact it is still not known in the community, let alone the medical field. I'm tired of the doe-eyed

looks of people when you say,"I have pulmonary fibrosis". The PFF is doing all they can. Let us do all we can.

Be a voice (a really loud one). Okay, I'm off my soapbox.

Sincerely,

A Certified/Card carrying member of the PF"ers Social/Knitting/Squawking/Handshakes & Hugs Club,

Wally Holmesly/NSIP

10/06--west Texas