RemedySpot.com

Jane's Treadmill Routines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center. The class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be monitored during exercise.

Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I feel like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a leisurely pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session and I will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle (which also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just the treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my heart rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or above usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My class also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great for opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the abs machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is like a support group. The same people are always present and we know each other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be harder for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available to watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our class is HGTV followed by FOX News.

This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Jane

Nice to hear from you this morning. Thanks for updating on your

exercise. Do you think the Revatio is helping you exercise or difficult

to tell?

>

>

> Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

>

> I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center. The

> class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be

> monitored during exercise.

>

> Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I

feel

> like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a leisurely

> pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session and

I

> will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle (which

> also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just the

> treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my heart

> rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on

> keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or above

> usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My class

> also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great for

> opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the abs

> machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is like a

> support group. The same people are always present and we know each

> other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be

harder

> for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the

> people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available to

> watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our class

> is HGTV followed by FOX News.

>

> This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and

> sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

>

> Toodles!

>

> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

Bruce, I think it is helping me. Some of my friends have noticed that

I have more energy.(I don't exercise with them of course. ) Maybe there

is hope for that drug.

Toodles!'

> >

> >

> > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

> >

> > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.

The

> > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be

> > monitored during exercise.

> >

> > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I

> feel

> > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a

leisurely

> > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session

and

> I

> > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle (which

> > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just

the

> > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my

heart

> > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on

> > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or

above

> > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My class

> > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great

for

> > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the abs

> > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is like

a

> > support group. The same people are always present and we know each

> > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be

> harder

> > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the

> > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available to

> > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our

class

> > is HGTV followed by FOX News.

> >

> > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and

> > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

> >

> > Toodles!

> >

> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> >

>

jane, what is a arms bicycle?

sharon p ph 2008

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 10:14 AM

Bruce, I think it is helping me. Some of my friends have noticed thatI have more energy.(I don't exercise with them of course. ) Maybe thereis hope for that drug.Toodles!'Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >> >> > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> >> > I go to my class which

is at the local hospital's wellness center.The> > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > monitored during exercise.> >> > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> feel> > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become aleisurely> > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a sessionand> I> > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle (which> > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do justthe> > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting myheart> > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 orabove> > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My class>

> also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is greatfor> > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the abs> > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is likea> > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> harder> > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available to> > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of ourclass> > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> >> > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> >> > Toodles!> >> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka

pianolady_musicgirl> >>

Sharon, it is something you sit down and turn these handles round &

round and the bicycle has levels of difficulty.

Toodles

Jane UIP/IPF

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

> > >

> > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.

> The

> > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be

> > > monitored during exercise.

> > >

> > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I

> > feel

> > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a

> leisurely

> > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session

> and

> > I

> > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle

(which

> > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just

> the

> > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my

> heart

> > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on

> > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or

> above

> > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My

class

> > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great

> for

> > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the

abs

> > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is

> a

> > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each

> > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be

> > harder

> > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the

> > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available

to

> > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our

> class

> > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.

> > >

> > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and

> > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

> > >

> > > Toodles!

> > >

> > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > >

> >

>

Thanks jane, is there a bike that you can buy

retail like that. I can't go to rehab because of no insurance and can't afford itsharon p ph 2008

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 3:10 PM

Sharon, it is something you sit down and turn these handles round & round and the bicycle has levels of difficulty.ToodlesJane UIP/IPF> > >> > >> > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > >> > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.> The> > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > monitored during

exercise.> > >> > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> > feel> > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> leisurely> > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session> and> > I> > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle(which> > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just> the> > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my> heart> > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> above> > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. Myclass> > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is

great> for> > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to theabs> > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in islike> a> > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > harder> > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs availableto> > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> class> > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > >> > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > >> > > Toodles!> > >> > > Jane UIP/IPF

12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > >> >>

Sharon

You once mentioned PH so you need to be careful and make sure the doctor

approves your exercise plan. Now, is there not a Senior Center or a City

Recreation or a YMCA in your area that would be affordable? I recall you

did a little rehab back in April. Perhaps you could get just a few

sessions to set up a program then find somewhere like a senior center

with the equipment to continue.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

> > > >

> > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness

center.

> > The

> > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be

> > > > monitored during exercise.

> > > >

> > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If

I

> > > feel

> > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a

> > leisurely

> > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a

session

> > and

> > > I

> > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle

> (which

> > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do

just

> > the

> > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my

> > heart

> > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on

> > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or

> > above

> > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My

> class

> > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is

great

> > for

> > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the

> abs

> > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is

> like

> > a

> > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know

each

> > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be

> > > harder

> > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all

the

> > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs

available

> to

> > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our

> > class

> > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.

> > > >

> > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons.

and

> > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

> > > >

> > > > Toodles!

> > > >

> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

thanks bruce, my doc said go ahead with exercise and he didn't give me a nix on anything. i'am not on any meds for the ph because he said i was not at that point whatever that means.i was diagnois with possible copd but i can't afford the testing. it really sucks with no insurance but i feel good my o2 is 96 at 2l and i dont need it when sitting around. of course iam too afraid of trying when moving around but i can go up the stairs and stay at 94. because of the copd i thought janes bike would help at home as my brother in law said he would purchase one if i could find one similar in retail. any ideas?

sharon p 2008

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 7:19 PM

SharonYou once mentioned PH so you need to be careful and make sure the doctorapproves your exercise plan. Now, is there not a Senior Center or a CityRecreation or a YMCA in your area that would be affordable? I recall youdid a little rehab back in April. Perhaps you could get just a fewsessions to set up a program then find somewhere like a senior centerwith the equipment to continue.> > > >> > > >> > > >

Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > >> > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellnesscenter.> > The> > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > monitored during exercise.> > > >> > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. IfI> > > feel> > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > leisurely> > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes asession> > and> > > I> > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> (which> > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also dojust> > the> > > > treadmill many times at a session. I

have a hard time getting my> > heart> > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > above> > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> class> > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said isgreat> > for> > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> abs> > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is> like> > a> > > > support group. The same people are always present and we knoweach> > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > > harder> > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of

allthe> > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVsavailable> to> > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > class> > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > >> > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons.and> > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > >> > > > Toodles!> > > >> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > >> > >> >>

contact the medical equipment companiesPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennslvania

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 7:19 PM

SharonYou once mentioned PH so you need to be careful and make sure the doctorapproves your exercise plan. Now, is there not a Senior Center or a CityRecreation or a YMCA in your area that would be affordable? I recall youdid a little rehab back in April. Perhaps you could get just a fewsessions to set up a program then find somewhere like a senior centerwith the equipment to continue.> > > >> > > >> > > >

Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > >> > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellnesscenter.> > The> > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > monitored during exercise.> > > >> > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. IfI> > > feel> > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > leisurely> > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes asession> > and> > > I> > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> (which> > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also dojust> > the> > > > treadmill many times at a session. I

have a hard time getting my> > heart> > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > above> > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> class> > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said isgreat> > for> > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> abs> > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is> like> > a> > > > support group. The same people are always present and we knoweach> > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > > harder> > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of

allthe> > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVsavailable> to> > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > class> > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > >> > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons.and> > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > >> > > > Toodles!> > > >> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > >> > >> >>

Hi Sharon! Lots of places have bikes such as Sears, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, sometimes you can go to a used sporting goods store and get a good deal. The bikes in my class are Schwinn but I think the model is going to be discontinued. They cost $699.00 and it has to be put together. Try one out in a store before you buy.

Toodles!

> > > >> > > >> > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > >> > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.> > The> > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > monitored during exercise.> > > >> > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> > > feel> > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > leisurely> > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session> > and> > > I> > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> (which> > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just> > the> > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my> > heart> > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > above> > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> class> > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great> > for> > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> abs> > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is> like> > a> > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > > harder> > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available> to> > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > class> > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > >> > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > >> > > > Toodles!> > > >> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > >> > >> >>

Sharon

Before buying equipment, I would suggest trying similar out first

somewhere that has a fitness room. If you could at least be able to go

meet with a rehab center and go through even one or two sessions to help

outline a program it would be best. The piece of equipment that is best

for one might not be for another. Just don't want you to get a bike or

anything else home that you then don't use. Because of other conditions,

the Treadmill is about the only piece of equipment I can use.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.

> > > > >

> > > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness

> center.

> > > The

> > > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to

be

> > > > > monitored during exercise.

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing.

If

> I

> > > > feel

> > > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a

> > > leisurely

> > > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a

> session

> > > and

> > > > I

> > > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle

> > (which

> > > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do

> just

> > > the

> > > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting

my

> > > heart

> > > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate

on

> > > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96

or

> > > above

> > > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My

> > class

> > > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is

> great

> > > for

> > > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to

the

> > abs

> > > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in

is

> > like

> > > a

> > > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know

> each

> > > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would

be

> > > > harder

> > > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all

> the

> > > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs

> available

> > to

> > > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of

our

> > > class

> > > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons.

> and

> > > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.

> > > > >

> > > > > Toodles!

> > > > >

> > > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

thanks bruce once again, cardnel fitness has such a bike and will let me use it. at 19.00 a month maybe not such a bad idea. my docs nurse said its ok but go slow

sharon p ph 2008, possible copd, asthma at 36, very old now 59 on sunday

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:34 AM

SharonBefore buying equipment, I would suggest trying similar out firstsomewhere that has a fitness room. If you could at least be able to gomeet with a rehab center and go through even one or two sessions to helpoutline a program it would be best. The piece of equipment that is bestfor one might not be for another. Just don't want you to get a bike oranything else home that you then don't use. Because of other conditions,the Treadmill is about the only piece of equipment I can use.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > > >> > > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness> center.> > > The> > > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has tobe> > > > > monitored during exercise.> > > > >> > > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing.If> I> > > > feel> > > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > > leisurely> > > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a> session> > > and> > > > I> > > > > will usually

divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> > (which> > > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do> just> > > the> > > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time gettingmy> > > heart> > > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrateon> > > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96or> > > above> > > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> > class> > > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is> great> > > for> > > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back tothe> > abs> > > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am

inis> > like> > > a> > > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know> each> > > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it wouldbe> > > > harder> > > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all> the> > > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs> available> > to> > > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel ofour> > > class> > > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > > >> > > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons.> and> > > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > > >> > > > > Toodles!> > > >

>> > > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Thanks Jane, when i can get one what do i look for walmart had a cardio glider is this what i want? You are very helpful. I just started taking piano lessons something i always wanted to do and its not as easy for a old broad to do

sharon p ph 2008 illinois

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:19 AM

Hi Sharon! Lots of places have bikes such as Sears, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, sometimes you can go to a used sporting goods store and get a good deal. The bikes in my class are Schwinn but I think the model is going to be discontinued. They cost $699.00 and it has to be put together. Try one out in a store before you buy.

Toodles!

> > > >> > > >> > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > >> > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.> > The> > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > monitored during exercise.> > > >> > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> > > feel> > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > leisurely> > > >

pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session> > and> > > I> > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> (which> > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just> > the> > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my> > heart> > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > above> > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> class> > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great> > for> > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> abs> > > > machines. I haven't done

those since June. The class I am in is> like> > a> > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > > harder> > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available> to> > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > class> > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > >> > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > >> > > > Toodles!> > > >> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >

> >> > >> >>

Sharon,

A bicycle ???? Is not a glider. You have to stand up on a glider as you do the treadmill. You can sit on a bicycle.

Hope this helps.

Toodles

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia

> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Hi to all and hope you all had a restful weekend.> > > > >> > > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.> > > The> > > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > > monitored during exercise.> > > > >> > > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> > > > feel> > > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > > leisurely> > > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session> > > and> > > > I> > > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> > (which> > > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just> > > the> > > > > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my> > > heart> > > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > > above> > > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> > class> > > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great> > > for> > > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> > abs> > > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is> > like> > > a> > > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would be> > > > harder> > > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available> > to> > > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > > class> > > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > > >> > > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > > >> > > > > Toodles!> > > > >> > > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

thanks , back to the drawing board

sharonp ph 2008

Subject: Re: Jane's Treadmill RoutinesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 6:24 PM

Sharon,

A bicycle ???? Is not a glider. You have to stand up on a glider as you do the treadmill. You can sit on a bicycle.

Hope this helps.

Toodles

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia

> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Hi to all and hope you all had

a restful weekend.> > > > >> > > > > I go to my class which is at the local hospital's wellness center.> > > The> > > > > class is for anyone who has finished cardiac rehab or has to be> > > > > monitored during exercise.> > > > >> > > > > Basically when I go to my class, I do what I feel like doing. If I> > > > feel> > > > > like 2.5 mph then I do it or I do 2.0 mph which has become a> > > leisurely> > > > > pace for me. I am able to exercise for 50 to 65 minutes a session> > > and> > > > I> > > > > will usually divide up my time between the treadmill, bicycle> > (which> > > > > also includes upper body) and NuStep. However I will also do just> > > the> > >

> > treadmill many times at a session. I have a hard time getting my> > > heart> > > > > rate to go up so I just don't worry about that. I concentrate on> > > > > keeping my sats in the proper levels but I strive to stay 96 or> > > above> > > > > usually. I only have had to turn up the O2 to 4 or 5 lLPM. My> > class> > > > > also has the arms bicycle which my pulmonary doctor said is great> > > for> > > > > opening up our lungs. Today I am going to try to get back to the> > abs> > > > > machines. I haven't done those since June. The class I am in is> > like> > > a> > > > > support group. The same people are always present and we know each> > > > > other well. If I only had exercise equipment at home it would

be> > > > harder> > > > > for me to do it. At my class it is much easier because of all the> > > > > people who are there. AND we have 3 big flat screen TVs available> > to> > > > > watch from any location in the room. The favorite channel of our> > > class> > > > > is HGTV followed by FOX News.> > > > >> > > > > This is what I do on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday afternoons. and> > > > > sometimes on Tuesday mornings.> > > > >> > > > > Toodles!> > > > >> > > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>