RemedySpot.com

Re: Fat Soluble Vitamin D

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I LOVE Honey Jack but NOT in my Earl Grey Tea, Ta very much......we have lovely Honey Downunder but they all have quite distinct flavours depending on what Bush Flowers the bees have been busy amongst!

Tasmanian Leathwood....Mallee... Red Gum, Blue Gum, Tea Tree, Banskia, Coastal Heath....Clover of course but even it is too 'strong' for a proper cup of brewed English Tea! 'Fraid only the White Death will do...luckily Stevia Drops don't interfere too much with the Tea Taste!

I'm such a Fuss Bum!

I love using Pure Canadian Maple Syrup as a substitute fro Brown Sugar on Porridge, Weetbix, Pancakes etc!

Cheers,

in Oz

> > > > From: gina.francis@ ...> > Subject: Fat Soluble Vitamin D> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 8:37 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To improve my Nutritional Status to fight my PF, I've been doing copious amounts of research on UPTAKE of Vitamins & Minerals. There is a great IRONY out there in the Diet/Heart Disease World that encourages people to give up Full Cream Milk & Butter in spite of Whole Dairy Foods being the best provider of FAT SOLUBLE VITAMINS! > > It's no use trying to take pills to make up the difference because these Vitamins NEED FAT to dissolve & be incorporated into the body. > > I know Cholestrol levels worry folk but really the amount of the 'Bad ' Cholestrol found in Whole Dairy is minimal compared to Red Meat & a lot of seafood. Not enough to out weigh the real advantages of drinking & eating these foods in moderate amounts! > > According to my Heart Foundation Tables for an AVERAGE SERVE 120 g lean, GRILLED, Rump Steak has 8 gms fat & 98 milligrams of Cholesterol while 1 CUP of Whole Milk has 10 grams of Fat & 35 Millgrams of Cholesterol Go Figure!!!!!> > Looking at Vitamin A you might well be told you can get your Vitamin A from vegatable sources , which is true to a certain exytent but NOT ALL as there are 2 types of Vitamin A & we need BOTH. > > Vitamin A is helpful in managing Stress, Infection & Fever among other things> > Vitamin D activates mineral metabolism, linked to healthy bones, maintainance of the nervous system, muscle tone & insulin production ( among other things)> > Vitamin D is needed to Activate CALCIUM in the milk/ tablets/ powde retc ... therefore all the Calcium fortification in the universe won't help our bones if our body can't convert the 'C' into usable form!> > Vitamin A & D deficency has become more prevalaent because of the tendency to follow low fat dairy diets.> > Children should NEVER be fed low fat Dairy & its also suggested that adults with ANY sort of Chronic Illness also drink/eat Whole Milk/Cheese Food on many of the Articles I've been reading.> > My logic tells me that what is good for the Goose is Good for the Gander....I personally think we ALL should be consuming Whole Foods..be it Milk, Vegetables, Fruit, Meat, Grains & Legumes...PROCESSED FOOD is the real ENEMY! > > Bypass Factory Produced Food with all its Chemical Intervention & fiddling with Molecular Structures.. .did you know that MARGARINE is only 1 Molecule away from being PLASTIC!> > Just utilize Mr Google to find out for yourselves.. ..> > We ARE what we EAT!> > in Oz> > IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP???> > Raynaud's> > May 2007> > > > > >>