RemedySpot.com

Today's Funny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her name tag that her name is Whack."Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back

office.She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."She holds up the tiny pink elephant.. "I mean, what in the world is this?"The bank manager looks back at her and says..."It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan, His old man's a Rolling Stone."(You're singing it, aren't you? Yeah, I know you are........) Never take life too seriously! Come on now, you grinned, I know you

did!!! Have a lovely dayHEEE HEEE!!!!!

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Re: Treadmill RoutineTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:12 AM

Beth preaches rehab almost as much as I do oximeters but anyonereading her exercise routines can see what she's learned and how she'sputting it all to use. If you haven't been I'd advise anyone to go. Ifyou're been in the past, you may want to go again. Much of the time thedoctors don't automatically refer you but I haven't found any yet whowon't refer you if you request. Also, find the best in your area. Beth's was clearly better than mine but at that time for me I was onprivate insurance and had very little choice.>> From: Beth mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>> Subject: Re: Treadmill Routine> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 7:57 PM>>> Bruce,> It sure sounds like you've got a good routine going....what are youthinking needs adjustment? Do you feel like you could/should be

doingmore? Just be cautious about pushing too hard, ok? Just say, 'yesdear'. LOL>> I use the treadmill 4 or 5 days a week. I start out between 1.3 and1.5 mph for 2 or 3 minutes and then gradually move it up to 2.5 mphusually for between 45 and 50 minutes. During that time I do move it upto 3.5 mph for short bursts of 2 minutes or so. I do that 4 or 5 timesduring my time on the treadmill. My O2 needs on the treadmill arecompletely insane. I learned in rehab that for me to maintain sats inthe mid 90's while doing this type of exercise I need to wear aventi-mask (cannulla just don't cut it) and I need 12 liters per minutein O2 flow. It was my 3rd week in rehab by the time we had this figuredout. This keeps my sats as I said in the mid-90's and my heart rate inthe 120's. In a perfect week this is what I do, I often have imperfectweeks. Such as when I was sick recently. I'm working back up to

myroutine. The week after next I'm going to Peggy's for a few days and myroutine will vanish again. But more often than not this is> what I do and I feel better when I do it.>> I also still do the upper body routine with the 2 and 5 pound weightsthat I learned in rehab. That I only do 3 times a week and it typicallytakes me about 25 minutes.>>> Beth-Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08>>>>>>> Treadmill Routine>>>> Beth/Jane others>> I know you're a regular treadmill user but this would also be to any> others who are. What is your routine? How often? How long?

What paces> and what levels of oxygen? Pulse rates?>> Nosy, aren't I?>> I'm thinking mine may need some modification.>> I use the treadmill every other day. I do breathing exercises in> between, plus I'm pretty active most days.>> I spend 45 minutes on the treadmill. I do just a couple of minutes at> 1.5 mph and then go to 2 mph. I stay there about 5 minutes and then go> to 2.5. 2.5 is my maximum based on my balance.>> I use 4 lpm and 5 lpm. I can go to 2 mph on 4 lpm and can go up to 2.5> mph on 4 lpm sometimes initially but ultimately to maintain my sats> around 92-93% I have to increase to 5 lpm. Otherwise, I slow down to 2> mph and let my sats built back to 94% or so, then to 2.5 a bit more. I> don't let myself drop below 92% without slowling down or upping the> oxygen based both on room for error and seeing no reason

to be at 90%on> one flow when I could be on 93% at a higher flow. Even on 5 lpm withthe> pollen the way it is I sometimes can't stay at 2.5 mph.>> My pulse rate rises to around 110, spending most of my time between105> and 110 which is right for my age.>> In the 45 minutes, I typically will cover about 1.5 miles.>

That is TOO funny!! Made my day!! Thanks !!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Treadmill RoutineTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:12 AM

Beth preaches rehab almost as much as I do oximeters but anyonereading her exercise routines can see what she's learned and how she'sputting it all to use. If you haven't been I'd advise anyone to go. Ifyou're been in the past, you may want to go again. Much of the time thedoctors don't automatically refer you but I haven't found any yet whowon't refer you if you request. Also, find the best in your area. Beth's was clearly better than mine but at that time for me I was onprivate insurance and had very little choice.>> From: Beth mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>> Subject: Re: Treadmill Routine> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 7:57 PM>>> Bruce,> It sure sounds like you've got a good routine going....what are youthinking needs adjustment? Do you feel like you could/should be

doingmore? Just be cautious about pushing too hard, ok? Just say, 'yesdear'. LOL>> I use the treadmill 4 or 5 days a week. I start out between 1.3 and1.5 mph for 2 or 3 minutes and then gradually move it up to 2.5 mphusually for between 45 and 50 minutes. During that time I do move it upto 3.5 mph for short bursts of 2 minutes or so. I do that 4 or 5 timesduring my time on the treadmill. My O2 needs on the treadmill arecompletely insane. I learned in rehab that for me to maintain sats inthe mid 90's while doing this type of exercise I need to wear aventi-mask (cannulla just don't cut it) and I need 12 liters per minutein O2 flow. It was my 3rd week in rehab by the time we had this figuredout. This keeps my sats as I said in the mid-90's and my heart rate inthe 120's. In a perfect week this is what I do, I often have imperfectweeks. Such as when I was sick recently. I'm working back up to

myroutine. The week after next I'm going to Peggy's for a few days and myroutine will vanish again. But more often than not this is> what I do and I feel better when I do it.>> I also still do the upper body routine with the 2 and 5 pound weightsthat I learned in rehab. That I only do 3 times a week and it typicallytakes me about 25 minutes.>>> Beth-Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08>>>>>>> Treadmill Routine>>>> Beth/Jane others>> I know you're a regular treadmill user but this would also be to any> others who are. What is your routine? How often? How long?

What paces> and what levels of oxygen? Pulse rates?>> Nosy, aren't I?>> I'm thinking mine may need some modification.>> I use the treadmill every other day. I do breathing exercises in> between, plus I'm pretty active most days.>> I spend 45 minutes on the treadmill. I do just a couple of minutes at> 1.5 mph and then go to 2 mph. I stay there about 5 minutes and then go> to 2.5. 2.5 is my maximum based on my balance.>> I use 4 lpm and 5 lpm. I can go to 2 mph on 4 lpm and can go up to 2.5> mph on 4 lpm sometimes initially but ultimately to maintain my sats> around 92-93% I have to increase to 5 lpm. Otherwise, I slow down to 2> mph and let my sats built back to 94% or so, then to 2.5 a bit more. I> don't let myself drop below 92% without slowling down or upping the> oxygen based both on room for error and seeing no reason

to be at 90%on> one flow when I could be on 93% at a higher flow. Even on 5 lpm withthe> pollen the way it is I sometimes can't stay at 2.5 mph.>> My pulse rate rises to around 110, spending most of my time between105> and 110 which is right for my age.>> In the 45 minutes, I typically will cover about 1.5 miles.>

, This is so-o-o- funny. I was

laughing out loud!!!!

Thanks!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

denise randel wrote:

A

frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her

name tag that her name is Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says

his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows

the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some

collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain

elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank

manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger

out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he

wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant.. "I mean, what in the world is

this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan, His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You're singing it, aren't you? Yeah, I know you are........)

Never take life too seriously! Come on now, you grinned, I know you

did!!!

Have a lovely day

HEEE HEEE!!!!!

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Bruce Moreland

Subject: Re: Treadmill Routine

To: Breathe-Support

Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:12 AM

Beth preaches rehab almost as much as I do oximeters but anyone

reading her exercise routines can see what she's learned and how she's

putting it all to use. If you haven't been I'd advise anyone to go. If

you're been in the past, you may want to go again. Much of the time the

doctors don't automatically refer you but I haven't found any yet who

won't refer you if you request. Also, find the best in your area.

Beth's was clearly better than mine but at that time for me I was on

private insurance and had very little choice.

>

> From: Beth mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

> Subject: Re: Treadmill Routine

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 7:57 PM

>

>

> Bruce,

> It sure sounds like you've got a good routine going....what are you

thinking needs adjustment? Do you feel like you could/should be doing

more? Just be cautious about pushing too hard, ok? Just say, 'yes

dear'. LOL

>

> I use the treadmill 4 or 5 days a week. I start out between 1.3 and

1.5 mph for 2 or 3 minutes and then gradually move it up to 2.5 mph

usually for between 45 and 50 minutes. During that time I do move it up

to 3.5 mph for short bursts of 2 minutes or so. I do that 4 or 5 times

during my time on the treadmill. My O2 needs on the treadmill are

completely insane. I learned in rehab that for me to maintain sats in

the mid 90's while doing this type of exercise I need to wear a

venti-mask (cannulla just don't cut it) and I need 12 liters per minute

in O2 flow. It was my 3rd week in rehab by the time we had this figured

out. This keeps my sats as I said in the mid-90's and my heart rate in

the 120's. In a perfect week this is what I do, I often have imperfect

weeks. Such as when I was sick recently. I'm working back up to my

routine. The week after next I'm going to Peggy's for a few days and my

routine will vanish again. But more often than not this is

> what I do and I feel better when I do it.

>

> I also still do the upper body routine with the 2 and 5 pound

weights

that I learned in rehab. That I only do 3 times a week and it typically

takes me about 25 minutes.

>

>

> Beth-Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Treadmill Routine

>

>

>

> Beth/Jane others

>

> I know you're a regular treadmill user but this would also be to

any

> others who are. What is your routine? How often? How long? What

paces

> and what levels of oxygen? Pulse rates?

>

> Nosy, aren't I?

>

> I'm thinking mine may need some modification.

>

> I use the treadmill every other day. I do breathing exercises in

> between, plus I'm pretty active most days.

>

> I spend 45 minutes on the treadmill. I do just a couple of minutes

at

> 1.5 mph and then go to 2 mph. I stay there about 5 minutes and

then go

> to 2.5. 2.5 is my maximum based on my balance.

>

> I use 4 lpm and 5 lpm. I can go to 2 mph on 4 lpm and can go up to

> mph on 4 lpm sometimes initially but ultimately to maintain my sats

> around 92-93% I have to increase to 5 lpm. Otherwise, I slow down

to 2

> mph and let my sats built back to 94% or so, then to 2.5 a bit

more. I

> don't let myself drop below 92% without slowling down or upping the

> oxygen based both on room for error and seeing no reason to be at

90%

on

> one flow when I could be on 93% at a higher flow. Even on 5 lpm

with

the

> pollen the way it is I sometimes can't stay at 2.5 mph.

>

> My pulse rate rises to around 110, spending most of my time between

> and 110 which is right for my age.

>

> In the 45 minutes, I typically will cover about 1.5 miles.

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.6/1712 - Release Date: 10/7/2008 9:41 AM