Well, I got a viral URI that went bonkers. I had tapered my

prednisone and as expected, the adrenals did not kick in the extra to

effect my other crap and the additional body stress as well, so I

crashed. Luckily no bacterial infection. As usual, the ER doc got

the xray wrong, but admitted for 2.5 days. Jacked up my Steroids

with IV solumedrol and filled me with IV antibiotics for good

measure. Fully recovered and now at home. Of course now will have

to taper the roids, again. I am glad it works and I am not allergic

to the roids as some of you are. Good to be home.

Some bad news from my Still's disease Yahoo board. Another member of

this very rare disease is being referred to a pulmonary doc. Must be

a good primary doc cuz she is already scheduled for the HR CT Scan

and other tests the you guys have taught me are the gold standards.

So, I may be referring her over to this board as she proceeds down

this path.

It could be autoimmune related or Methotrexate. That would make 2 of

my Adult Onset Still's Disease compatriots plus me with Pulmonary

Fibrosis. One, Larry in North Carolina is being referred to a Duke

program for immunoglobulin therapy. He has been in extremely bad

straights this past year. Last was ICU for 2 months and intubated

for most of the time. He survived and is finally home from Rehab.

Glad to have folks around to help answer my questions and being

supportive.

Tom from PA

Tom,

I am so glad to hear you are home from the big house and doing well. I too was trying to taper down from prednisone and just can't get below 10 without getting sick. Hope your recovery continues and you feel back to "normal" quick. God bless you- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Was in the "Big House"To: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 4:45 PM

Well, I got a viral URI that went bonkers. I had tapered my prednisone and as expected, the adrenals did not kick in the extra to effect my other crap and the additional body stress as well, so I crashed. Luckily no bacterial infection. As usual, the ER doc got the xray wrong, but admitted for 2.5 days. Jacked up my Steroids with IV solumedrol and filled me with IV antibiotics for good measure. Fully recovered and now at home. Of course now will have to taper the roids, again. I am glad it works and I am not allergic to the roids as some of you are. Good to be home.Some bad news from my Still's disease Yahoo board. Another member of this very rare disease is being referred to a pulmonary doc. Must be a good primary doc cuz she is already scheduled for the HR CT Scan and other tests the you guys have taught me are the gold standards. So, I may be referring her over to this board as she proceeds

down this path.It could be autoimmune related or Methotrexate. That would make 2 of my Adult Onset Still's Disease compatriots plus me with Pulmonary Fibrosis. One, Larry in North Carolina is being referred to a Duke program for immunoglobulin therapy. He has been in extremely bad straights this past year. Last was ICU for 2 months and intubated for most of the time. He survived and is finally home from Rehab.Glad to have folks around to help answer my questions and being supportive.Tom from PA

Tom, I am sorry you have had such a rough spot. The Big House is NOT where any of us want or need to be. I do hope the antibiotics kick this quickly. Take Care my friend. I'll keep you in my prayers. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Well, I got a viral URI that went bonkers. I had tapered my prednisone and as expected, the adrenals did not kick in the extra to effect my other crap and the additional body stress as well, so I crashed. Luckily no bacterial infection. As usual, the ER doc got the xray wrong, but admitted for 2.5 days. Jacked up my Steroids with IV solumedrol and filled me with IV antibiotics for good measure. Fully recovered and now at home. Of course now will have to taper the roids, again. I am glad it works and I am not allergic to the roids as some of you are. Good to be home.Some bad news from my Still's disease Yahoo board. Another member of this very rare disease is being referred to a pulmonary doc. Must be a good primary doc cuz she is already scheduled for the HR CT Scan and other tests the you guys have taught me are the gold standards. So, I may be referring her over to this board as she proceeds down this path.It could be autoimmune related or Methotrexate. That would make 2 of my Adult Onset Still's Disease compatriots plus me with Pulmonary Fibrosis. One, Larry in North Carolina is being referred to a Duke program for immunoglobulin therapy. He has been in extremely bad straights this past year. Last was ICU for 2 months and intubated for most of the time. He survived and is finally home from Rehab.Glad to have folks around to help answer my questions and being supportive.Tom from PA

Tom ... I can't add anything to what has already been said. I hope for good days ahead for you!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Was in the "Big House"

Tom, I am sorry you have had such a rough spot. The Big House is NOT where any of us want or need to be.�

I do hope the antibiotics kick this quickly. Take Care my friend. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Well, I got a viral URI that went bonkers. I had tapered my�prednisone and as expected, the adrenals did not kick in the extra to�effect my other crap and the additional body stress as well, so I�crashed. Luckily no bacterial infection. As usual, the ER doc got�the xray wrong, but admitted for 2.5 days. Jacked up my Steroids�with IV solumedrol and filled me with IV antibiotics for good�measure. Fully recovered and now at home. Of course now will have�to taper the roids, again. I am glad it works and I am not allergic�to the roids as some of you are. Good to be home.Some bad news from my Still's disease Yahoo board. Another member of�this very rare disease is being referred to a pulmonary doc. Must be�a good primary doc cuz she is already scheduled for the HR CT Scan�and other tests the you guys have taught me are the gold standards.�So, I may be referring her over to this board as she proceeds down�this path.It could be autoimmune related or Methotrexate. That would make 2 of�my Adult Onset Still's Disease compatriots plus me with Pulmonary�Fibrosis. One, Larry in North Carolina is being referred to a Duke�program for immunoglobulin therapy. He has been in extremely bad�straights this past year. Last was ICU for 2 months and intubated�for most of the time. He survived and is finally home from Rehab.Glad to have folks around to help answer my questions and being�supportive.Tom from PA