Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elisa,

Where did you go to high school? I'm also a Fort Worth

native. I went to Paschal, then to Trinity in San

freshman year. Sophomore year I transferred to UT Austin

and lived there a total of 10 years - no, it didn't take me

10 years to graduate!

I'm looking forward to an Elisa-Bruce-Gwynne meeting.

Do you know who you're seeing at UTSW? My doc is Randall

Rosenblatt.

The pulmonologist in Fort Worth I mentioned is Burk, MD

at Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants. .

Hopefully we'll meet soon.

Hugs and blessings,

Gwynne 57 Single-lung Transplant on 4-3-08

at UTHSC - San Fort Worth, TX

Gwynne,

I was born at Carswell AFB. My dad met my mom when he was stationed here in the early 50s. She actually graduated from Poly. He was a Cajun from Louisiana. We lived in other states (including Hawaii) until 1970, when we came back to land my parents owned in Kennedale. I finished high school at Arlington High, went to UTA for several years, and finished up at Texas Wesleyan. We had an extremely close family, like you mentioned you had. My dad retired from the City of Arlington. He would cook dinner for our whole family every Thursday night. My mother was a talented artist, classical pianist, and read voraciously. She started getting signs of Alzheimer's about seven years ago. My dad got pancreatic cancer in 2005. He was her main caregiver even while being sick. We finally had him removed from their house to a nursing home to have hospice. We moved her to an Alzheimer's facility days after. He died in Jan. 2007 and she has been

in three facilities now. I started my first coughing spell the week of my dad's funeral. Summer of 2007, I had two major fevers with coughing. Last December, I started losing weight and coughed for four months. I think the extreme stress of what I had been through with my parents triggered this disease. I think I've had an autoimmune disease for years, though, with eye problems and dry mouth.

I have been married since I was 19 to Barry. We have two children, 24, and Jordan 22. lives in downtown FW in historic apartments and works at the Worthington. She was sort of aimless for years and has finally gotten her act together. She is a full time student also. Jordan is a graphic designer and works in Irving. Barry owns a specialty advertising business in Arlington. My only sibling, Mike, lives close in Mansfield. He and his wife are both scientists at Alcon. We have become very close since the the death of our father and in taking care of Mom. He was pretty devastated when I got my diagnosis. He probably knows more details about PF than I do.

My doctor at UTSW is Craig Glazer. He had the first available appointment when my first doctor in FW suddenly left the practice. I've only seen Dr. Glazer once, but like him very much.

Gwynne, I can't imagine all you've probably been through, but I look very forward to getting to know you and finding out your story. You may be sick of telling it, and if so, I'll understand that as well. We can only go forward, can't we? Bruce fascinates me. He is like a human computer, but has a very compassionate side as well. He is so very helpful to everyone on the board. I really look forward to meeting you both real soon. When do you think you could meet? Is there a day that's better for you than others? My cell # is if you would like to call.

Do you ever go into that Smoothie King right by TCU on University? I'm wondering if you know Gene Bonham.

Take care, Gwynne, and let's talk soon!

Elisa

Subject: ElisaTo: "BREATHE-SUPPORT Information" <Breathe-Support >Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 5:33 PM

Elisa,Where did you go to high school? I'm also a Fort Worthnative. I went to Paschal, then to Trinity in San freshman year. Sophomore year I transferred to UT Austinand lived there a total of 10 years - no, it didn't take me10 years to graduate!I'm looking forward to an Elisa-Bruce- Gwynne meeting.Do you know who you're seeing at UTSW? My doc is RandallRosenblatt.The pulmonologist in Fort Worth I mentioned is Burk, MDat Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants. .Hopefully we'll meet soon.Hugs and blessings,Gwynne 57 Single-lung Transplant on 4-3-08at UTHSC - San Fort Worth, TX