RemedySpot.com

Re: first treatment of cytoxan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I hope your chemo goes well. I have a cousin who has just started chemo. He was having memory problems and went for a checkup. They found a brain tumor and 5 lung masses. He has been on chemo for nearly a month now and is doing great. The docs said that his lung masses have almost resolved already. What wonderful news!! I hope you get the same! I am thinking of you!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: first treatment of cytoxanTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 9:13 PM

hi guys,its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for the good!did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired from that now.just wanted to keep my air friends posted!thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.regards monique in oz!

Sounds like you rebounded quickly and well. I'd expect it to make you

low and flake out. I learned (through lots of counseling) that its not

the lows that are important, we're going to have them. It's how we

rebound from them. And on that basis you did very well. Probably overdid

it today but thats ok.

>

> hi guys,

> its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in

> 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in

> bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for

> the good!

> did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired

> from that now.

> just wanted to keep my air friends posted!

> thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.

> regards monique in oz!

>

thanks bruce,

your like my dad!can i say that? with advice of overdoing it! yes,

probably but had to get out into the spring air with all the butterflys

and flowers, it invigorates me!

x

You can say that and make me feel old.....lol

I just think its great that you're back doing things and just let it

knock you down Sunday.

>

> thanks bruce,

> your like my dad!can i say that? with advice of overdoing it! yes,

> probably but had to get out into the spring air with all the

butterflys

> and flowers, it invigorates me!

> x

>

I'm so glad you got through the first round so well! It does sound as though you are handling this in the very best way. I've never been through chemo myself but some members of my family have and as a nurse I've seen lots of it. Just roll with it, follow the cues of your body and do what you feel like doing, rest when you feel like resting etc etc.

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

first treatment of cytoxan

hi guys,its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for the good!did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired from that now.just wanted to keep my air friends posted!thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.regards monique in oz!

... isn't it nice to look back where you have been in the garden and see the difference you made? I used to love getting my hands in the dirt. Now I do it in small pots on the deck.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

first treatment of cytoxan

Sher

I do not like getting my hands dirty....lol

If I had a yard would be all artificial plants unless I was wealthy

enough to afford a gardener. Last house I lived in, oh my, the monthly

landscaping cost was outrageous. I wanted to replace them all with

artificial. was opposed. Her friend, Jodi, was on my side. Of

course, Jodi won yard of the month in her neighborhood and they didn't

realize they were artificial.

>

> ... isn't it nice to look back where you have been in the

garden and see the difference you made? I used to love getting my hands

in the dirt. Now I do it in small pots on the deck.

>

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> first treatment of cytoxan

>

>

> hi guys,

> its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in

> 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in

> bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for

> the good!

> did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired

> from that now.

> just wanted to keep my air friends posted!

> thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.

> regards monique in oz!

>

Hey Sher, How goes it with the pain patch these days ? I know you wanted to cutback the amount you were using. Were you able to do it? I do hope you have relief  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  ...  isn't it nice to look back where you have been in the garden and see the difference you made?  I used to love getting my hands in the dirt.  Now I do it in small pots on the deck. MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  first treatment of cytoxanhi guys,its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for the good!did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired from that now.just wanted to keep my air friends posted!thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.regards monique in oz!

Yeah, I know your secret too. You use artificial flowers as well. I didn't want to squeal on you but the cat is out of the bag now.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

first treatment of cytoxan>>> hi guys,> its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in> 10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in> bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for> the good!> did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired> from that now.> just wanted to keep my air friends posted!> thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.> regards monique in oz!>

Peggy... yes, I've cut back on the patch...will go to pain clinic again on Fri and we will go from there. The side effects have lessened...goodie!

I'm doing pretty good. Just no energy.

� first treatment of cytoxan

hi guys,its now been 5days since my first chemo iv and i get my next one in�10days... i had a real low on sunday and pretty much flaked all day in�bed, but today i feel good and strong, sortof like a bit of a turn for�the good!did a bit of gardening which i havent done in ages......! but tired�from that now.just wanted to keep my air friends posted!thanks again for all your lovely support and thoughts and comments.regards monique in oz!